The best...

Ada

Okay I know I've seen similar "favorite eyeshadows" threads before-- so if this is redundant, mods feel free to delete...

But I was just thinking about what my all time favorite eyeshadows would be... because there are a lot of colors that I love and I go through phases of wearing certain colors a lot... but there are a few that I always find myself reaching for when I'm on auto-pilot in the morning and I don't want to have to think about the look I'm going to do. The ones that apply smoothly and evenly, every time (and don't require patient elaborate blending or layering or 8 different brushes.) The colors that always look good, no matter what I pair them with. The colors that I put on people (friends, family) when I'm trying to convince them that MAC is the ONLY makeup they should be using.

Anyway, I came up with 4, which are in my opinion the *best* shadows that MAC makes (I'm sure I'll think of a few more after I post this, but yeah...)

Woodwinked
Satin Taupe
Expensive Pink
Lucky Green

Anyone care to share their thoughts on the best MAC e/s?

MrsWaves

Parrot
Vanilla
Metamorph
Lucky Green (I now own 2 back-ups of this!)

I'm into the more colorful/wild colors.. then I kind of tone/blend them down with the vanilla for work
smiles.gif

lah_knee

gotta go with... DUN DUN DUN

carbon and/or nylon.

carbon because... you can do so much with JUST black shadow. you can make dramatic liner with it (cat eyes), you can do an all over smokey black look, you can apply it lightly in the crease to make a gray... etc etc

nylon because... its the BEST highlighter EVER... also its an awesome wash color, i find myself using it as a wash color with two coats of mascara, peach cheeks and peach lips when im lazyyy

other than those i'd say i reach most for blues ALL THE TIME. i love any and all blues.

jess98765

gotta love my neutrals aye.... i'm especially loving my NE inventive eye quad at the moment too.....

kradge79

My personal favorite eyeshadow would have to be Naked Lunch. Its great as a wash or a highlighter and it goes so well with so many different colors. I'd have to say the 3 runner ups would be Expensive Pink, Phloof!, and Naked Pigment.

beyondhope1024

I only own 15 MAC shadows at the moment but my top 3 favorites of what I have are:
1. Expensive Pink
2. Honey Lust
3. Steamy