The Blackest Black Eyeshadow (Less fallout preferred)

kabuki_KILLER

Dear fellow makeup friends,

I have used this one matte black eyeshadow I had from Sephora (before they changed the shade names and stamp on it) for two or so years. I didn't use it a lot then, but now I miss it. It was an absolute inky, black hole black. I wasn't too thrilled about the fallout from this brand, as it is kind of powdery in texture and makes me look like I have really black pores if I'm not extremely careful when applying.

Does anyone know of any black eyeshadows that are blacker than the typical MAC carbon? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

<3

upside_down

Urban Decay makes one called Perversion. I've never used the eyeshadow but the eyeliner of the same name is pretty black.

Mac-Guy

Have you tried MAC Black Black pigment? If you are used to working with piggies, you shouldn't have much fall-out at all with this one. Good luck!

coffee1

This is a technique, rather than an eyeshadow - but I like to layer a cream eyeshadow or gel eyeliner, and put black eyeshadow on top of that. It is super deep black, and lasts forever.

kabuki_KILLER

Thanks for all the replies!

I actually have Perversion eyeshadow in a palette, but I feel that their mattes aren't as nice as their metallic and glittery shades. The eyeliner is a winner, though.

Everywhere I go that sells black NYX shadow is always out. XD

I have considered the Sugarpill brand, but the black doesn't look as inky. It could be a decent regular black, though, when I run out. I would just have to convince myself not to buy everything else on the site. XD

The Makeupgeek one looks promising.

And also, I should maybe try the liner, then shadow trick. I used to do this a long time ago. It is great and barely any primer is needed, but I found it hard to blend. Maybe for some looks.

martiangurll

Have you tried MAC Black Black pigment? If you are used to working with piggies, you shouldn't have much fall-out at all with this one. Good luck!

I second this rec. Apply wet with a base like TFSI and shouldn't move too much. No doubt it is very black!