The Body Shop - Just got Hired!!!!!

nicemeka

Hey Everyone, I have just receive my makeup license (but still a beginner) and wanted start working at cosmetic line. I really wanted to work for MAC but I have no retail experience at all, and to work there you at least have to have 6 months to a year. So, I feeled out an application at The Body Shop and got hired. I'm really looking forward to this opportunity, because I really need to enhance my makeup skills. I understand they do free makeovers, specialized in skincare. Has anyone ever worked there before? How well do they train you in their products and skin care? Please let me know!!!!!!!!
winks.gif

vandael

i can't offer any advice... just congrats on the body shop!!! i love the kevyn aucoin brushes there. i usually go and feel them up until i can afford the investment. lol.

p.s. i would loooove to work at mac too!

melozburngr

they do a meeting to train on new makeup lines every couple months or whatever where you have to practice demonstrations on co-workers (like one demo) and skincare is pretty straightforward. you just learn off off worksheets.

I worked there for two years, its pretty easy.

and vandael- Kevyn Aucoin brushes? they only carry Body Shop brushes that I know of, and I just left there like beginning of April this year. Perhaps I'm mistaken, or they released a special line?

nicemeka

Quote:
Originally Posted by melozburngr
they do a meeting to train on new makeup lines every couple months or whatever where you have to practice demonstrations on co-workers (like one demo) and skincare is pretty straightforward. you just learn off off worksheets.

and vandael- Kevyn Aucoin brushes? they only carry Body Shop brushes that I know of, and I just left there like beginning of April this year. Perhaps I'm mistaken, or they released a special line?

Thanx. I'm excited about it. do you know how much the employee discounts is?

baybehbekah

that was my first make up job as well
smiles.gif
i loved it and learned alot! i worked for them before it was loreal and our discount was 30% or 40% i am not sure what it may be now.

congrats! & have fun!

nicemeka

Quote:
Originally Posted by baybehbekah
that was my first make up job as well
smiles.gif
i loved it and learned alot! i worked for them before it was loreal and our discount was 30% or 40% i am not sure what it may be now.

congrats! & have fun!

Thanx...I wonder how different it was at the Body shop before Loreal took over.

vandael

Quote:

melozburngr - they carry kevyn aucoin brushes at the body shop in chicago at the water tower place downtown. maybe it's a new thing? or location exclusive? i last saw them there three weeks ago. it's a lot less intimidating going to the body shop to test them rather than deal with some of the snooty sales people at neiman marcus IMO (no offense to anyone that likes neiman). plus, they're really expensive and i don't like people pressuring me into a sale for something i consider a huge investment.

melozburngr

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandael
melozburngr - they carry kevyn aucoin brushes at the body shop in chicago at the water tower place downtown. maybe it's a new thing? or location exclusive? i last saw them there three weeks ago. it's a lot less intimidating going to the body shop to test them rather than deal with some of the snooty sales people at neiman marcus IMO (no offense to anyone that likes neiman). plus, they're really expensive and i don't like people pressuring me into a sale for something i consider a huge investment.

must be some sort of location exclusive. odd. not even on their website.

as for the discount mentioned earlier- 40% off all regular priced items, nothing on sale items. However, they sometimes offer deep discounts on gift sets or certain items throughout the year on special days.

Glow

I wonder if the discount varies in different countries...
I worked at a location in Canada for a couple of months and the discount was 50%... i left late november.

nicemeka

Quote:
must be some sort of location exclusive. odd. not even on their website.

as for the discount mentioned earlier- 40% off all regular priced items, nothing on sale items. However, they sometimes offer deep discounts on gift sets or certain items throughout the year on special days.

What was your reason for leaving? I know I want to gain as much knowledge in skin care and makeup as well.

melozburngr

I left because I got a job across the country, and had to move.
ssad.gif

As far as knowledge of skincare etc, you basically learn their products, and the ingredients in them, and what skin they're best suited for... i.e. Tea Tree Oil for oily/blemished skin- characteristics and secrets/tips about a specific ingredient- i.e. Tea Tree Oil is a natural anti-bacterical...was used by soldiers for a number of things. Also kills nail fungus. Stuff like that.

Makeup I'm sure varies from store to store. There wasn't training in our district really, and definitely not our store, but all the girls who did makeup in our store were all obsessed with makeup, so we knew.
smiles.gif

OfficerJenny

Congrats on getting the job!
Kinda off topic but I have some interest in working there, too, and I was wondering if they hire at 16? or if you have to be 18 :<