The color of money.. kinda (pic heavy)

Daligani

I've been kind of laying off the makeup a bit lately since I got some sort of rude comments on my "addiction" when I was visiting some family in another state at the end of last month.
In reference to my traincase (which isn't even big at all), I heard comments such as "Are you freaking KIDDING ME? You actually use all that crap? Why the hell do you need so much crap?".. In reference to my brows, which I've been quite proud of in the last year or so, "Why do you do your brows like that? You look pissed off" and "haha, Cruella!!". Grr. It made me feel really stupid and embarrassed
ssad.gif

So now I'm really really really self-concious about my makeup and have a hard time enjoying putting time into it. I've barely been wearing any at all.
I'm hoping that now that the kiddos are back in school, that I'll start taking my time with it and start enjoying it again.
I did end up making some very subtle changes to my brows.

A couple days ago, I did take some time and this was the result..

EOTD with flash..

100_2977.jpg

100_2979.jpg

In natural light..

100_3077.jpg

100_3079.jpg

The FOTD with flash and without..

100_2959.jpg

100_2973.jpg

100_3095.jpg

100_3092.jpg

100_3099.jpg

I used..
Face -
L'Oreal Bare Naturale mineral foundation in Soft Ivory
CG concealer stick
BE Warmth

Lips -
NYC brownish gloss in a holiday palette thingie over Jordana lipliner in Nude

Eyes -
MAC Espresso on brows
UDPP
Isadora Sand Stone
Fyrinnae Bastet
Fyrinnae Haunted
MAC Greenbrown
NYX White Pearl
MAC f/l in Blacktrack
CG lash exact mascara in Very Black

CC is always welcome and appreciated
smiles.gif

knoxydoll

Holy hell that's gorgeous. Those greens just make your colouring looks so pretty, fresh, and perfect. My family is the same way, so I usually wear nothing when I'm around them. It makes me feel better from not being told I'm wearing to much, or to outrageous.

ratmist

So long as you're doing well, have enough money to take care of your basic needs before touching makeup needs, and are happy, ignore them. You look beautiful, and your brows are lovely.

trojanpopcorn

Honestly, your makeup looks beautiful and not over the top at all. Please don't let them get you down. I get comments like that from people on my team and I hae slowly learned to just block them out!

starangel2383

just ignore those jerks, i get the same comments from my family, but i just ignore them and continue on. if getting new makeup products or trying out new looks makes you happy, than that is all that really matters. and i think you look gorgeous with your makeup and i love your eyebrows, they suit you.

hotpink1326

1st of all... you look soooo effin HAWT!!! I really miss seeing your beautiful face around Specktra!! This look is stunning, i really, really LOVE it
smiles.gif

2ndly... I'm sorry that people made rude comments to you but dont let it discourage you. Makeup isnt everyones "thing" but its yours... and your good at what you do! Screw anyone that doesnt like it & keep up the posts girl!!!!

Mien

Girl, you look beautiful. At first I had to get used to your brows, but I'm actually in love with them now. They really suite you! Aswell as these colours. I Don't think I've ever seen you use colours that don't compliment your pretty features!

majacat

I think this looks great to.. I usually get comment's about my huge collection also but u know what? Then i just check Specktra and look at all you pretty girls that feel the same way about makeup as I do. and then i don't feel so stupid anymore!

Shadow

Fabulous choice of colors and a great job blending! Don't pay any attention to mean-spirited people. They lack passion in their own lives so they have to dump on people.

NicksWifey

Sorry to hear people were giving you a hard time. Don't worry about them or their ignorant comments BECAUSE you look fab, you have great talent and I absolutely adore your brows!!

Daligani

Thank you so much, ladies
heart.gif

It was just really bad timing for them to teasing me and whatnot.. reaaaally bad timing. I had already been feeling weird about my makeup. It's hard to explain (and I am truly NOT fishing for anything here), but over the last few months, I've been feeling like I'm trying to hard or something. Hell, I'll be 33 yrs old next month (lol yes, I know I don't look it) and I'm just a stay at home mom kind of person. I go grocery shopping and take my youngest to and from school.. aaaaand that's my social life lol so I feel like I should be bumming around in sweatsuits or something.
So anyway, when all of those comments were made, it just made me feel like total ass! My mom just HAD to point out my makeup to my aunts and then proceeded to tell them how long it takes me to do my makeup.. and how I'm obsessed with my eyebrows. Now, my mom is NOT one to ever try to put anyone down, much less me, and I KNOW that, but it really bothered me pretty bad. It was after that that the comments started
ohboy.gif
it wasn't as though everyone was literally sitting around ganging up on me, but it sure felt that way since so many people had something to say about it.

MACATTAK

I love this! So beautiful, as all of your posts. Don't worry about what others say...people will always have something to say about everything. That's why we all come to Spectra, because we truly understand each other. Keep up the gorgeous work
smiles.gif

Latest posts