The creases of DOOM! Please help!!!!!

nongoma

HI ladies,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this in. Please do move if more appropriate elsewhere.

SO! here is my dilemma. Whenever I put colour on eye lid....it somehow ends up travelling up to my crease colour. THIS ANNOYS ME TO NO END!!! It looks messy and spoils anything ive done to make it look good. Part of the reason why this happens is because I have 110 folds of doom on my eyelid anyway but hell that is not going to stop me!

What usually happens is I'll have my crease colour beautifully placed then some random lid colour will decide to lead its on personal invasion onto my crease......HELP!!!

I've been thinking about it and I hope someone can give me more insight into it. Should I be taking my lid colour higher than where it is? or is it my application technique or what?
th_dunno.gif
I've attached a picture for you to see....hopefully it'll give you an idea.

Anything you can help with ladies would be much appreciated!!

Thank you!!!!

PollyRhythm

I have the same problem that you do since the top part of my eye folds on top of my lid when I open my eyes. I'd enjoy some insight also.

nongoma

I use UDPP, Mary Kay's signature Primer, Two faced shadow insurance, Mehron AQ Palette....anything I can get my hands on!

Would changing bases make a difference?

M.A.C. head.

It might help to use a base like Mixing Medium. Other bases [UDPP, TFSI] coupled with something like MACs mixing medium or one you make at home can really help. I used to have the same problem.

zodiacgrl89

I used to have that problem too.

It's possible that you have oily eyelids or

get double eyelid surgery it changed my life.

leenybeeny

Instead of it being a base issue, it sounds more like an issue of transfer which a base won't really help. Have you tried putting something like SheLaq on overtop? I use this over my shadow when I want to use glitter.. once on, the shadow will not budge! I use the shadow brush that it comes with, dip it in the SheLaq but then on the inside edge of the bottle, I wipe off most of the liquid so the brush is just damp. Then I dab on my lids (not brush back and forth or it will move your shadow). Takes 30 seconds or so to dry and you're done
smiles.gif

ebonyannette

Well your eyes look pretty much like mine, My color used to travel too.

When you use the udpp how much are you using? If you are using too much it will crease, if your not using enough it wont help.

I put one thin swipe on each eye (in the crease) blend it out and let it dry for a second cause a dot just aint enough for me. If you dont wait for it to dry or look up right after putting it on yourll get a crease in the udpp, i put it on and fan it for a second.

I personally use UDPP and then a thin layer of paint or shadestick blended out. (but let them dry all the way)

Also grease is the nemesis to UDPP so if you put on moisturizer first all over your face including your eyelids, it doesnt work. If you put concealer on first it doesnt work.
If you do your hair first (with oil) then put on your udpp with your fingers it doesnt work.

Lastely it can also depend on the shadows your using, i found that urban decay and some drug store eyeshadows disappear or travel sometimes but thats just me.

I hope this helps some...