The Daft Punk appreciation thread

redambition

This may be old news to some of you in Europe and the US...

I saw Daft Punk tonight - the final show of their Alive tour. Absolutely amazing, it was quite possibly the best live show I've ever seen (and that's saying something as until tonight it was a tie between NIN and the Chemical Brothers.) It really was something for me - seeing them live (finally!) after ten years of loving their music.

Some of the stuff they did to their tracks was phenomenal, and the onstage production just blew me away.

I have a whole new level of appreciation for them now.

Janice

I've been listening to Alive 2007 for a month straight, no kidding. It makes me sooo jealous of those who have seen them live. /jealous Lucky you! I missed them while they were touring through the states.
ssad.gif

MAC_Whore

I associate some of their songs with some really good times in my life. They always bring back memories.

little teaser

i love daft punk but i never been to there shows, if you ever get to see rabbit in the moon they put on a awesome show.

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
I've been listening to Alive 2007 for a month straight, no kidding. It makes me sooo jealous of those who have seen them live. /jealous Lucky you! I missed them while they were touring through the states.
ssad.gif

I've had to stop myself buying Alive 2007! I've been hearing snippets of it on the radio, but I didn't want to listen to the whole thing before seeing them.
smiles.gif
I really want to find a copy of it now though.

Dreamergirl3

I
LOVE
DAFT
PUNK.

I saw them live this summer at the Berkley Greek Theater. Best. Show. Of. My. Life. Lucky enough to get a bootleg copy of the concert on cd, so now I listen to the live show all the time! Every time it takes me back to the best day of my summer, my life. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd get to see them live after being such a huge fan for so long
greengrin.gif
French house pretty much owns my life lol. Thanks for starting this thread!

spectrolite

I think my avatar sums up how I feel about Daft Punk
smiles.gif
I LOVE them!! I saw their Melbourne show on Friday December 14th. It was the best live show ever! The sound was amazing and the lightshow was just out of this world. How cool are the robot costumes?! I've been listening to Alive every day since the event, trying to relive the experience hehehe.

Within 5 minutes of arriving me and my house mate had already purchased $150 worth of merchandise. We each got Alive T-shirts with all of the tour cities listed on the back, Kavinsky badges, Daft Punk sticker, a Daft Punk LED glowing blue bangle for me and some free robot masks that were being passed out.

If I had a time machine I'd go back and do it all again, and then travel to the future to see what kind of amazing show they will have next. Can you imagine how cool it's going to be?!
th_drool.gif

Check out my current desktop wallpaper!!

http://seo-topaz.co.uk/Documents/DSCF0611.JPG

Latest posts