The 'Deal' With Moisturegleam.....

YvetteJeannine

I was at the MAC store in the mall last night...I was there to get a brush, but on a whim I asked them if they had Moisturegleam...and they did...so I bought it (of course
winks.gif
)...I've wanted this since it came out (wasn't it with the Lure collection?? If not, someone pls correct me).

Anyway...I *thought* this was for the face...something like a hyped-up Strobe Cream (that's why I bought it)...BUT on the tube it says "Pour Le Corps"...which is French for "For the body". Maybe that's just a generalization...could "for the body", obviously mean face as well?? ...I looked on the tube and box it came in, and I don't see any other info. CAN it be used on the face? (I like that soft, glowy look...a lot
cutey.gif
). I don't dare use it on my face 'till I get some definite answers...If it's *strictly* for use on the bod, I guess I'll just have to be bummed and leave it at that! I wouldn't have spent my money if I'd known it's only for body...Is there any hope, lol
smiles.gif
?

Anybody know??? Thanks!

Marcita

When I bought it I was told it was for the face. I've used it on my chest area and on my face.

Chloe2277

I would use caution! I love to use strobe cream under my eyes to brighten that area and on my cheekbones (a tip I got from a MA) so I figured I would use the moisturegleam the same way. My eyes had never been so red and bloodshot in my life! I had friends and coworkers asking if everything was ok it looked like I had been crying all day or had a really bad eye infection! I know everyone reacts differently to products but I would just be careful and not get it near your eyes. It was fine on my cheeks luckily I didn't have any breakouts!

carolyn1

generally, most body products can be used on the face if you avoid getting too close to the eye area. but, i wouldnt try it if you have sensitive skin either

KJam

I use it on my face, avoiding my chin and nose where I am pimple prone - but I prefer my strobe cream, as I have been breaking out a little and I am starting to blame my moisturegleam!

V2LUCKY

I've used the Moisturegleam on my face as my daily moisturizer since it first came out (with Lady Sol when Belle Azure came out last year) and was so glad when it came out again with Lure cause I was running out.
I'm very acne prone and have not had any problems with it but everybody is different, but if you don't wanna use it on your face it gives a nice glow to your body.

MAC_Whore

I have normal skin and use it on my face or body. I do keep it away from the eyes. I have never had any issue. It is nice in the sense that it is one big-ass container of kinda Strobe Cream (as in very cost effective).

allan_willb

I always use it at the beach...It did come out with lure,bait,and hooked...a small sized one...There was a larger one that came out a while back with another old collection I cant remember the name.

wannabelyn

from memory the old one was bigger and was made for the body
but the new one that came out with lure was smaller but reformulated to suit the face as well? i'm not sure if it was reformulated but when it came out with the lure collection it was made 'suitable' for the face

i've been keen on getting the new moisturegleam because strobe doesn't really show on my face...i think i have to think twice now

Naturellle

I just purchased moisturegleam this past week and was advised to use this to get the glowy/dewy look for my face. I've used it on my face and I LOVE it. I just purchased another before they sold out since there were only three left. You can use on your entire body. Again, the MA that worked w/me on achieving the glowy/dewy look strongly recommended moisturegleam and I'm sooo pleased w/it.

Keep in mind that I used my regular moisturizer(after cleansing and toning) and then used the moisturegleam last. Moreover, don't it put on your eye contour area. I did that(put on entire face including eye contour area) today for the first time and my eyes burned when I washed my face. However, I was fine afterwords; no red eyes or irritations. Also, it is not supposed to replace your normal moisturizer as told to me by the MA that helped me. Hope that helps.

YvetteJeannine

Thank you SO much, all of you for all your replies!

I'm a *much* happier gal now that I know I can use it on my face too...after all, that IS what I bought it for; I wanted to achieve that glowly look.

Thank you!
smiles.gif

jess98765

yep this product can be definitely used on the face. i went to a mac makeup class thingy a while ago when it came out and they used moisturegleam on my face as a demo....so i'm taking it that if MUA at MAC uses it on my face, it's a sure fact that it can be
smiles.gif

But yea, i agree with your comment above about how it makes your skin glowy!! i love it!! probably more so than strobe cream- but that could be becuase of its yellow undertones which suits my skin more than pink.....but yea, i hope you enjoy the product

Sanne

I remeber the hype about it the first time it came out with belle azure, and I know that moisturegleam should not be used on a acne-prone skin. It contains cocnutoil, and this could cause break-outs. this stuff is beautiful on le corps though
smiles.gif

bellaetoile

i bought the version that came out with lure/bait/hooked. i used the 'MAC chat' feature on the website, asked about it's safety for face-use, and was told that the lure/bait/hooked release was perfectly fine for use on the face. obviously, be intelligent with it (don't eat it, get it in your eyes, etc.), but i've never had a problem with it as a substitute for foundation or strobe cream. in fact, i really like how it looks, a perfect, subtle shimmer.

YvetteJeannine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaetoile
i bought the version that came out with lure/bait/hooked. i used the 'MAC chat' feature on the website, asked about it's safety for face-use, and was told that the lure/bait/hooked release was perfectly fine for use on the face. obviously, be intelligent with it (don't eat it, get it in your eyes, etc.), but i've never had a problem with it as a substitute for foundation or strobe cream. in fact, i really like how it looks, a perfect, subtle shimmer.

LOL...

Well...I hadn't planned on making a meal out of it any time soon
winks.gif
...but I did use it for my face today, and loved the results. My face felt just fine! I stayed away from the eye area, though.

Thanks, everyone!