"The end of counterfeit MAC"

xStarryEyedX

Not sure if anyone else is as interested in this stuff as I am... BUT! I am severely anti counterfeit anything. Purses, perfume, makeup... Totally against it. I think it's a really lame industry. I worked for MAC for 2 years, and whenever people would try to either return, B2M, or re-purchase fake products I died a little inside. Or the best would be when someone would come in to return something that they got as a gift and to explain to them that we could not take that return as it wasn't real. Oh and also, one time I was shopping at freaking MARSHALS and found fake MAC. I mean come on... So this link makes me very happy...

http://www.arizonafoothillsmagazine.com/afm-style-files/scottsdale-beauty-buzz/the-end-of-counterfeit-mac-makeup

While I don't exactly buy that it will all go away, I'm happy to see that at least something is being done about it.

Merula

That's pretty good to hear. Sometimes some people don't know they're buying fake MAC, even me at one point. Early on when I was starting to discover MAC I was more than happy to find lipsticks at the swapmeet, only to find it smelling very chemical and gross. Not to mention those large MAC palettes that I keep telling my cousins aren't real.

It scares me what might be in those things.

Joeysgirl

Wow! Glad to see they won the case. It's a shame and angers me too. At the very least I wish they would label their stuff as replica or something. I know so many newbies that go to eBay and get MAC or Chanel or Bobbi Brown.. and it is heartbreaking for me to tell them that it is not real, and lord only knows what chemicals are in :(

Dreaming Dancer

wow, thanks for posting. I am glad something is being done. I only by from MAC.com or counter at Macy's because i worry about getting fakes.

This is awesome id always wonder when something would be done about this! although this isnt the end, its still going to be a continous problem unfortunatly... its crazy how much of it is on ebay and i believe majority of those ebay sellers know its fake thats why they say in their auction descriptions:

im not affiliated with mac cosmetics or theyll say if your worried about authenticity please buy from the mac store

so if you see that then just beware!

becuase 100% mac sellers are proud to stand by stating in their auction: 100% mac authentic or money back

also if you know mac makeup and can read their labels it gets so much easier to tell the difference!

The worst for me was when a gal pal of mine showed me their new "MAC" makeup/brushes that they bought from the swap meet and she claimed the stuff was real and I am like :( cause I don't want to tell her cause it might come off rude and condescending but I also don't want her to use poor quality products cause they may be harmful...

xStarryEyedX

The worst for me was when a gal pal of mine showed me their new "MAC" makeup/brushes that they bought from the swap meet and she claimed the stuff was real and I am like :( cause I don't want to tell her cause it might come off rude and condescending but I also don't want her to use poor quality products cause they may be harmful...
I'd get annoyed also because when her brushes turn to crap in a month she's going to think that mac is just bad quality... It's an awkward spot for sure

Babylard

That's good and bad news. I feel sorry for people who are indirectly involved (factory workers etc.). Poverty in Asia is horrible and I wouldn't want to see it get worse. >_< I just feel sorry for people who lose their jobs. Nonetheless, I hope to see less Fake MAC on ebay. During my first year of getting into MAC, I purchased quite a bit of Fake glosses that just ended up in the garbage.

roop300

Just watch out when buying from Craigslist too. Seen soooo many fakes being sold as real Mac.

fabulousmoolah

If they would just market these as dupes it would be fine, I just hate that they list it on ebay (and Amazon too) and claim it's authentic.