The itsy bitsy stupid freak'in spider...

Wattage

So yeah. I am turning 25 in a few weeks and low and behold I am starting to notice signs of aging. Most I can deal with (my tits aren't rock hard anymore, I have a few smile lines, I have a bedtime...) but this is scaring me: I have some spider veins on my legs. I am seriously depressed about this
weeping.gif

I am thinking of having the injection to have them removed.

Has anyone ever had treatment for spider veins? Can you share your thoughts/experiences?

PLEASE!!
greengrin.gif

user6

It's natural!

Don't fret, it's natural! lol but you know my aunt had that done a while ago, and she totally loved it.....but then again, you know she's 1 kid with 15 siblings, 14 out of 16 kids are doctors, 1 nurse and 1 dentist....so she got a free procedure with her brother (of course), but she said it was easier than she thought, and the quick recovery time was awesome, she'd recommend it to everyone! I hope that this helps you out, but just keep in mind, not all people/docs are the same!! and please keep in mind, the older you get, the riper you are, and the better you are at everything!
wavey.gif

YvetteJeannine

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicredfearn
Don't fret, it's natural! lol but you know my aunt had that done a while ago, and she totally loved it.....but then again, you know she's 1 kid with 15 siblings, 14 out of 16 kids are doctors, 1 nurse and 1 dentist....so she got a free procedure with her brother (of course), but she said it was easier than she thought, and the quick recovery time was awesome, she'd recommend it to everyone! I hope that this helps you out, but just keep in mind, not all people/docs are the same!! and please keep in mind, the older you get, the riper you are, and the better you are at everything!
wavey.gif

icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
HOW THE HELL did their parents (I'm presuming your grandparents) put them all thru school???!!!!!!! Other than if they're/were very wealthy, that HAD to be hard putting 14 kids thru college+med. school, nursing school, and Dentistry college!!!!!

user6

Here comes the truth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteJeannine
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
HOW THE HELL did their parents (I'm presuming your grandparents) put them all thru school???!!!!!!! Other than if they're/were very wealthy, that HAD to be hard putting 14 kids thru college+med. school, nursing school, and Dentistry college!!!!!

Ok, sit down, cause this will astonish you! All 16 kids are between 22-28 months apart,
icon_eek.gif
and they were lucky enough to have parents who have a very successful bakery in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico). That bakery is a family owned and run business, and I guess none of them wanted to be bakers! lol It kinda sucks though, their dad just passed away last year, and their mom is really sad,
cry.gif
she doesn't know who to leave the bakery to, all her kids would rather be doing something else, and don't want to be anywhere out of the U.S. Oh well, she'll find someone!!! But their parents (yes my grandparents, from my hubby's side) worked their tails off, making special orders, and staying up sometimes 3-4 days at a time just to keep up with the demand....it all worked out though, they don't owe a single cent, and they've got their parents to thank for it!
type.gif
But back to the original post subject, my aunt would recommend this procedure to you in a heartbeat!!!!

Wattage

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicredfearn
wavey.gif

Wow, that is good to hear! I think there is an actual "Vein Clinic" here in Vancouver so I think I will check it out.

Boo hoo, getting old stinks!

browneyedbaby

Thank you for posting this I'm the same age and I thought it was just me! They bug the hell out of me but thought I just had to put up with them. Might see what I can get done now!

Wattage

As an update, I would thought I would let anyone who is interested know: I have done a bunch of reading on this (being my geeky self) since posting this. Seems that high-dose birth control pills may be a confounding variable, along with genetics. I have been on a high dose pill for nearly 9 years now. I am going to see my GP on Sat to try a lower dose pill.

smiles.gif

Raerae

My skin care lady said they can use laser's and zap those little things!

Crossing your legs isn't supposed to help with those eigther according to the, "I heard that somewhere but have no idea if it's true or not" factbook.

DaizyDeath

my dad had the spider vein injecctions and i was there with him when they did it. it doesnt hurt much at all they use a really tiny [botox size is what id compare it to] needle and it only takes about 15 minutes no biggie!

id say if you really feel self concious about it do it for yourself

o yeah and you also have to wear these stockings for a week but they dont look wierd or anything they just look like regular knee highs and they push a bit on the legs but its not uncomfterable