The joys of going sulfate free

MACtastic

I've been hearing so many good things about sulfate free shampoos that I decided to try it out. A couple days ago, I went down to the local Whole Foods and picked up Avalon Organics' Revitalizing Shampoo and Conditioner. I've used it twice, and already my hair feels so much softer and smoother. My color even looks more vibrant, which is amazing to me because I'm so due for a touch up! I am in love
greengrin.gif
just thought I'd share

user79

I've tried one before but it felt really...slimy on my hair! Hard to describe. It was hard to wash out...

Jacq-i

I've been wanting to try Jonathan Products, which are all sulfate free... You've reminded me that I should save up some money!

CincyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacq-i
I've been wanting to try Jonathan Products, which are all sulfate free... You've reminded me that I should save up some money!

If you email the company, they'll send you samples in the mail. I HIGHLY suggest doing that or buying it from a store that allows returns. I got a bunch of samples from the company and I hated it. For some reason a lot of sulfate-free shampoos feel like you're putting syrup in your hair and Jonathan Product is no different. It was hard to massage in and made my hair feel like straw. I've been sulfate-free for a couple years now and a lot of the shampoos are a pain to use. I have thick, coarse, slightly wavy hair so it's important that I use a shampoo that is easy to work with.

lara

Try Alchemy hair products - they're SLS and paraben free, and not thick or gloopy at all.
smiles.gif

docmaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Try Alchemy hair products - they're SLS and paraben free, and not thick or gloopy at all.
smiles.gif

And proudly Australian.

Lushstar

I use HealthySexyHair's Soy Milk shampoo and conditioner which are sulfate free; they make my hair so silky and much shinier. I found the shampoo hard to work with at first because it's kind of gelatinous. What I find works best is to take a small amount and rub it on my roots; even though it doesn't lather it takes off some dirt/product/grease, then I rinse and shampoo again and it lathers much better and spreads better.

m4dswine

I use Neals Yard Nettle and Sage, its SLS free. Its easiest to use sls free shampoos on absolutely drenched hair, they seem to later through easier with lots of water.

I went sls free because my scalp is terribly sensitive since my husband lost his job last year (I get stress related scalp psoriasis) which hasn't gone away even though he got a job.

The Neal's Yard stuff is really helping, finally I have a bit of a breakthrough!