The joys of pink eye!

MissAlexisDDD

Soo as you can guess I have the extreme displeasure of having pink eye. :] I thought I'd post here because it gets more traffic then the health and wellness section.

Do I have to toss my dry shadows? Can I just clean them when alcohol? I am obviously getting rid of my liquid liners and mascara but don't want to get rid of hundreds of dollars of eyeshadow.
ssad.gif

LMD84

i am guessing you can rub the top layer off the shadows... but i'm no expert. i hope your eye gets better soon though sweetie
th_hug.gif

dbecker87

Maybe Beauty So Clean could work in this situation. I'm not sure if it will work with pink eye though.

Best of luck!

xsnowwhite

ahh i feel your pain i had it last year it was aful my eye was oozing(sorry, tmi) for like 2 weeks and i couldnt wear any makeup for 2 weeks. All I did was throw away my mascara and thouroughly clean my makeup brushes . I kept all of my eyeshadows.

honybr

Yes pink eye sucks big time! I had it during the week of Thanksgiving a couple of years ago. I never threw away my shadows. I did wipe the top layer off though and I never got reinfected. Most certainly clean your brushes and chuck all mascara and eye liner. My eye doctor said those items are the ones most likely to make it flair up again. Oh and because it's so contagious, I wiped all my containers down with a clorax wipe just in case. I'm a bit over the top though.

MissAlexisDDD

It's not too bad, I get my overly douche roommate secluded to his room in fear. :] Although I am glad to hear about the eyeshadows!!! Thanks all
smiles.gif
smiles.gif

kaliraksha

Yikes totally agree, about is sucking to throw out mu. Hope you recover quickly. I'm no expert... but I imagine given the right conditions and if you stop using it... the bacteria should die. I would sanitize them ASAP so they have the most time off of being used for the bacteria to die out. Does anyone know if it would die in the freezer? I know most need warm, or moist enviroments... maybe you can throw all your eyeshadows in a freezer bag into the freezer?

jennyfee

You can't really kill the bacteria... Once it's there, it's contaminated. Putting it in the freezer would probably only slow down their reproduction speed, but in the long run there's always going to be more and more of it!! HTH

Yikes totally agree, about is sucking to throw out mu. Hope you recover quickly. I'm no expert... but I imagine given the right conditions and if you stop using it... the bacteria should die. I would sanitize them ASAP so they have the most time off of being used for the bacteria to die out. Does anyone know if it would die in the freezer? I know most need warm, or moist enviroments... maybe you can throw all your eyeshadows in a freezer bag into the freezer?