The key to good blending ??

Life In Return

What is the key to flawless blending ? Sometimes I can get it; sometimes I can't. I see some of you ladies' FOTDs and it's like, WOW. How exactly is good blending done w/o the colors looking muddy ?? And I don't mean brushes... I'd like to know the methods.

Kels823

Well this is something that Im practicing on as well... but from what Ive experienced/read/seen.. its about practice of course. Sometimes you have to take a middle color (lets say youre taking a lighter color in the inner corner and a darker color on the outer v, crease) and put it in the inner 3rd to help the colors flow easier... hmm.. sometimes I do better w/ my finger than a brush becuz I have more control (if that makes sense)... Man Im sorry I couldnt be more help. But hopefully more ppl will chime in soon....
smiles.gif

ebonyannette

I have the same problem, I think I blend too much because my colors will look muddy or it will just merge into one big color instead of like 3 separate ones!
And if I blend too little I look like Im crazy.

glittergoddess27

One way is,...I use the 224 in light windshield wiper strokes,.. depending on placement of shadow in one direction or little circles. Seems to work pretty well to get it all blended nicely,.. if it is a really dark color then sometimes I will get a little midtone of whatever I am trying to blend on my 224 before I start to work with it. So if I was blending black I would go with a medium grey. HTH,..

AllINeedIsMac

sometimes the magic trick for me --- a q-tip, Jude can tell you. I've seen some of her tutorials where she's blending with a simple q-tip. I just keep blending lightly until it gets right. I figure that the more you blend, you can never back track, so you might as well do it softly until it comes out right.

ebonyannette

the windsheild wiper is where I go wrong I think maybe I apply too much pressure but whenever I do the wind-wiper It looks a mess!

joytheobscure

I am still learning, I'm much better but blending is hard, I use a little tiny rose art childs art brush (brush set is like $2) - I also overblend sometimes for fear of underblending!

lightsinsorrow

Use good brushes...it's really important! Blend shadows into the crease in a windshield wiper motion and blend in little circles to fade one color into the next on the lid. Also try holding the brush at the end of the handle, not the base. This allows your fingers AND your wrists to control movement. Holding the brush closer to the base (i.e. closer to the bristles) limits movement to the wrist, which leads to discomfort AND inefficiency. And blend/apply shadows with your eyes open as much as possible. This is key to getting a good application. No one walks around with their eyes closed all day. Your makeup must look good when your eyes are open (and closed!) so make sure you cover all your bases!

lightsinsorrow

Use good brushes...it's really important! Blend shadows into the crease in a windshield wiper motion and blend in little circles to fade one color into the next on the lid. Also try holding the brush at the end of the handle, not the base. This allows your fingers AND your wrists to control movement. Holding the brush closer to the base (i.e. closer to the bristles) limits movement to the wrist, which leads to discomfort AND inefficiency. And blend/apply shadows with your eyes open as much as possible. This is key to getting a good application. No one walks around with their eyes closed all day. Your makeup must look good when your eyes are open (and closed!) so make sure you cover all your bases!

curlyqmishee

My biggest problem used to be overblending. If I'm doing say 2 shades on the lid I'll take my 224 and just use tiny little circular motions right on the line that separates the 2 colors... just so it fades perfectly without detracting from actually seeing both colors. I detest the muddy look from overblending!

Good luck... HTH.

DaizyDeath

a good tip is to go from there is no eyeshadow like from the top of your eyebrow is to where there is eyeshadow with a small circle motion and it will blend it really well.

im not shure if i explained that good enough but just try alot of different things and practice makes perfect!

also i sometimes use the windshield wiper motion when i have a light and a dark color and i dont want them to get all mucky when blending .

Latest posts