• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

the "kitten look"

Tia

tut01oa6.jpg

So we start off with our boring, moisturized, homely face.
--------------
tut_02.jpg

We put on some concealer to make our top eyelid to make our eyeshadow...er, stick. Something like that.
--------------
tut_03.jpg

Then we slowly outline our eye, gradually getting wider (depends on your eye shape). We eventually taper it off upwards. Need a steady hand. Or you could dot along and then connect the dots...might work for some who can't get a smooth line.
--------------
tut_05.jpg

BOOM. Yellow all over eyelid (i wet my brush so it doesnt go over the eyeliner) with Prestige's "Glitz". I love prestige. Five bucks.
--------------
tut_06.jpg

Then we take our MAC "Chartreuse" pigment (or just take any shimmery green) and do a nice, blended line like so. Oh yeah, and my eyeliner is blue cause I was debating on whether I should have a blue line or a black line. Just ignore it.
hmm.gif

--------------
tut_07.jpg

Next I took MAC's "Knight Divine" e/s and concentrated the grey near the tapered-off eyeliner. Then I wet my brush and faded it into the green. So now we have a gradient of grey, green, and yellowz0rz.
--------------
tut_13.jpg

Blend blend and you should get this.
--------------
tut_09.jpg

Goop foundation on your face. Not too much, though. I use Marcelle's "True Radiance Foundation". But it's nearly out...so I'm going to switch to some all natural foundation (i'm a health freak)
--------------
tut_12.jpg

Yay! A cropped out image (hence why it's tiny).
Kitten lips are easy to achieve. You don't need to find this colour of lipstick, you can make it! I took my mom's nude Bobbi Brown lipstick and blended it with MAC's "Rocking Chick" (that really really bright pink one). The nudey brown subdued it and it became a pretty pink.
thmbup.gif

--------------
tut_10.jpg

Now for some old fashioned Maybelline mascara. I'm too cheap to buy anything else. I use the blackest of the black. Yeah, my eyelashes are long. Don't envy me---they're always stuck in my eye.
--------------
tut_11.jpg

Whee, done. Pump those lashes.
cheerleader.gif

--------------
tut_15.jpg

And we're sort of finished! Emo pose time.
--------------
tut_16.jpg

Give a coy look away from the camera...
--------------
tut_14.jpg

Pose cutely.
cutey.gif

the end.

NOW I MUST SLEEP...theguyilikeiscomingbackfromhisbandtrip...
andihavetogetsleeptolookprettyforhimatschooltomorr ow!
eyelove.gif

Wow, did I just say that?

Anyways, there's my first tutorial for you. Hopefully you get something out of it.
Even if it's something like "Wow, this girl is weird. How old is she?"
Sixteen. There, nothing more to comment.

DevinGirl

Heh, this is awesome. The commentary is just as fun as the look itself. Rock on, you rad little thing, you... :p