The Makeup Show 2009

lilchocolatema

Hey babes,

Any of you coming to TMS this year? If you don't know, it's basically a makeup convention for MUA's! There are tons of seminars, workshops, and the makeup lines present give great discounts (usually 30% and up). I've gone the past two years and gained a wealth of knowledge. Hope this helps!

LA- March 15 & 16
NYC- May 17 & 18

I did a video giving more info, highlighting seminars, presenters, etc. Here's the vid with general info! YouTube - The Makeup Show 2009!!! Info and FAQ!

The MakeUp Show, Makeup artists, beauty and fashion, film and television, theater and FX, students, salon and retail makeup artists

TISH1124

I went to the one last year in NYC...I hope to go again this year since my friend is going..Makes for a fun time!

MrsGooch

I'm going to the NYC one..I've missed it for the past two years..no more!
smiles.gif

aziza

I'm going to the NYC show! I was so disappointed when they moved the Miami show to LA though. Poo on them lol.

iiifugaziii

i have a personal business card. can i use that to get in? I really want to go to the one in LA! i've never been and it sounds fun!

iiifugaziii

Quote:
Originally Posted by couturesista
Is it open to the public ( non-mua)?

here's the details from the website:

"The Makeup Show LA is a pro-only trade event open to anyone involved with the makeup artist industry. Makeup artists, retail artists, aestheticians, hairstylists, fashion stylists, agents and bookers and of course students of makeup, hair or aesthetics are invited to attend. Proof of profession or student status is required." -www.themakeupshow.com

aziza

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiifugaziii
i have a personal business card. can i use that to get in? I really want to go to the one in LA! i've never been and it sounds fun!

Yep...business cards are fine!

A: As the show is a pro-only event, proof that you are a part of the makeup or beauty community will be required to enter the show. This proof may include a license, union card, business card, comp card, tear sheet with name credit, student identification (from beauty/hair/makeup school), letter of employment or from school. As well, The Powder Group will send an advance email to our list that will be able to be printed out and brought to the show as proof of working in the industry. Photo identification will also be required for advance ticket pickup.

K&T Makeup

I would love to go to the one in NYC this year but my anniversary is the 19th and we are going out of town...darnnit! LOL