the original blue pigment

cutandrun

Hi,

I was just wondering if it was worth buying the original, d/c blue pigment? Does it resemble any other existing e/s like freshwater, and how similar is it to rebelrock blue pig? If anyone has swatches that would be great too, thanks!

capspock

I have 1/2tsp of the original Blue and I love it. I was considering buying a whole jar. I don't know about the other questions though, and I would like to know also how different it is from the Rebel Rock blue.

bellaetoile

it *barely* differs. i have both. they are the same exact color, the original blue is a bit more pigmented. two coats of rebel rock do what one coat of original blue will do, but its hardly worth having both.

brandiisamonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaetoile
it *barely* differs. i have both. they are the same exact color, the original blue is a bit more pigmented. two coats of rebel rock do what one coat of original blue will do, but its hardly worth having both.

how can you tell wich one is wich I know probably by the batch numbers but what are the batch numbers for each of them the orig and rr? I dont know wich one I have lol

MACGoddess

Brandi you should be able to tell by how it goes on when you swatch it with your finger. If it goes on blue, but a little bit sheer, then you have RR Blue. If it goes on super pigmented then you have the original Blue.

I just bought a full jar of Original Blue pigment on Ebay for $20 so keep your eyes out guys, it definitely can happen... I already have the RR Blue, but I wanted the original since it is more pigmented and I would rather use that one.

bellaetoile

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandiisamonkey
how can you tell wich one is wich I know probably by the batch numbers but what are the batch numbers for each of them the orig and rr? I dont know wich one I have lol

my orig. blue ends with a 0, my RR blue ends with a 5. i'm in bed on my laptop, otherwise i'd go check. i'm entirely too lazy and comfortable, lol. also, i got my original blue for $20 on the boards, new. its not all that rare, especially since RR blue was released.

blueyedlady87

IMO, the orig. is similar to freshwater; when Freshwater is put over Sea Me shadestick, they're identical. The orig. pigemnt also was much more dense and had better allaround color payoff then RR blue. I got my orig. Blue on the net right before they d/c'd it for like 5 bucks.

scrapbookromance

I had the original blue. it was my first pigment, but I wasn't much into MAC and wasn't very knowledgable about how to make pigments work - so I returned it. pretty much sucks ha.

CrimsonCountess

I have original blue pigment. It is a very nice color. As far as comparison; I have no idea because I don't have RRblue or freshwater e/s. If you really like blue I think it is worth having.

Eowyn

I prefer the original blue over the RR blue too....I can't put my finger on it, but the old blue just LOOKS better. I just got a sample of the RR blue...decided I didn't need a whole jar of BOTH.

Latest posts