The Pigment Junkie's Flashtronic Haul/Review

me_jelly

Here's another haul/review for the Flashtronic Collection:

MSF:
Global glow - beautiful! On my NC35 skin, it's a glowy (not glittery and oily, thank god!) bronzy gold that would be great over a warm-toned blush or on its own as a bronzer

Mineralized e/s:
First of all, I was a little dissapointed with the texture of these shadows - they are beautiful in the pot (looks like little planets lol) but the textures are not as smooth as I would like them to be and they are a little on the sheer side.

By Jupiter - As I mentioned in my Rushmetal Haul/Review, I love taupes and had to get this one! It's a beautiful medium warm-toned (since it has a lot of golden/beige swirls) taupe - it's great because you can use the lighter swirls as a highlighter, the brown taupe areas on the entire lid, and the darker brown areas to define the crease - one eyeshadow=whole eye look yay!

Lovestone - gorgeous raspberry/rich pink combo. Would look great as a blush or eye color! Again, because of the different color swirls, you can manage to create a whole complimentary eye/cheek look from this one product - color payoff is quite good on this one.

Ether - I wasn't planning to get this one (since I already have a lot of teals) but when I swatched it, I loved it! Depending on which areas/colors you swipe, you can anywhere from an icy blue/green combo to a vibrant teal to a really dark smokey teal (the black swirls) - again, whole eye look with 1 shadow.

Mercurial - I didn't plan to get this one either but...Loved the golden lilac combo - it's gorgeous and quite complex since you can detect different hints of color under different lighting/angles. It's a pale golden/lilic color - I wished the texture was a little smoother though.

Lipglasses:
I don't know about anyone else, but I personally love the cream type lipglasses (i.e. ones that are more opaque without any shimmer/sparkles)

Perfectly pink - such a cute and creamy summery pink - description on MAC site is very accurate

Electro-lush - LOVE this...I have trouble finding lip products that are on the pinky-PLUMMIER side (they always end up too purple and make me look a little...ok let's not go there) - it's a medium pinky-plum that's definitely your lips but MUCH better

WHAT I DIDN'T GET AND WHY:

Gold spill - When I first saw the descriptions in the color collection threads, this was WHAT I WANTED - however, this hardly shows up on my skin (only as glitter) and it actually looks like a funny brownish-taupe (umm..where's the peach?)...weird - I think it'll work better on lighter skintones

Northern light - This one is actually pretty nice - but since this is pink and would function better as a blush, I don't think I'll use it enough since I like my blushes to be matte (super oily skin) - global glow that I purchased will do the job as a highlighter/bronzer

Quarry - I'm on the fence with this one - looks cute in the pot, but on me, it's an ashy pale greyish-blueish color (a little dull on my skin), perhaps better on lighter skintones?

Tectonic - This one is a gold with silvery lime green in it - pretty color but I have a lot of similar colors - one being cocomtion pigment (GORGEOUS) from Rushmetal, although it's a little deeper in color

Flashtronic l/g - I actually liked this one (a caramel-bronzy color) - I might go back for this one but then again I don't wear too much bronzey colors on my lips

Young spark - This one is a great medium-toned neutral pink but is it me or does it look a lot like perfectly pink?! (maybe a tone lighter/softer)

OK lovelies, that's it this time!
Thanks for looking!
wavey.gif

jilliandanica

Great haul! I was skeptical about the new MES but try them over a shadestick and the color really pops. I bought ether and put it over Sharkskin and I liked how it turned out. I'm thinking of buying a few more of the MES and a couple more shadesticks to compliment. Enjoy your haul!

me_jelly

***UPDATE***

I went back and got Quarry MES and Northern Light MSF (the last one in the whole city - man these MSF's sell like candy)!

Quarry - I asked the MA to pick one with A LOT of blue - and it worked - I think the texture is fabulous (the best out of all the MES because it's smooth and there's NO glitter...AT ALL!) - This one I got shows up as a very complex aqua blue with slight olive/grey tones, beautiful!

Northern Light - I tracked down the last one in the city! There was no choice in veining, etc but luckily I got one with quite a bit of dark brown veining and darker pink - hence it showed up as a nice pink on my NC35 skin - The one I ended up with wasn't glittery, but gave me a nice glow.

That's it for now =)

lvgz

no its not just you, i got young spark AND perfectly pink but i knew they were very similar. perfectly pink is a little more pink and less muted.. more bright. young spark i would say was less bright, a little more on the tan side.. but both beautiful so i could not resist. people were complaining about the lipglasses lack of glitter but i, like you, personally love opaque colors with shimmer and less glitter.