The Powder And The Glory

Ernie

I just watched this on my local PBS station. It will air again Saturday, check this link for your local listings.

The Powder & the Glory | PBS

It's the story of how Elizabeth Arden and Helena Rubinstein started their companies. Truly fascinating program, especially if you love makeup.
These were women with balls. Seriously, watch this.
thmbup.gif

coachkitten

Thanks Ernie! I love watching/reading about how makeup brands were started. Especially women who started their own businesses. Thanks so much for letting us know!

Ruby_Woo

They won't air it for Orange County so Im bummed
ssad.gif
But I am interested in this. I hope they do something for Estee Lauder who also started w/ making her face creams at home. And she would be the one to hand pick her sales people and she herself would sell along with them. SHe has an interesting story too
smiles.gif

Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamEva Le Fay
Thanks for the heads up Ernie!
I'm looking forward to seeing this aired again since I missed it the first time!
ssad.gif

I figured this would be right up your alley!
winkiss.gif

Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Woo
They won't air it for Orange County so Im bummed
ssad.gif
But I am interested in this. I hope they do something for Estee Lauder who also started w/ making her face creams at home. And she would be the one to hand pick her sales people and she herself would sell along with them. SHe has an interesting story too
smiles.gif

They mention EL at the end of the program saying she never would have made it if the road hadn't been paved by these two dames! they were ahead of the times.