The Power of Make-Up (Extreme Makeover)

Raerae

Yeh, anyone can look amazing once they are given a professional makeover/photoshop job
smiles.gif

Some of the girls on their didn't even look that bad to beging with, they just needed to do their makeup, get out of the frumpy clothing. and style their hair.

prinzessin784

wow some of those are pretty impressive! I'm pretty sure I could be put up there with them though, without makeup I look really horrible....haha!

faifai

Are those photoshopped or just made up? Professional makeup can do SO many gorgeous things, but I get really annoyed when people photoshop their photos. It just beats you over the head with the whole "nothing is good enough" idea. Why photoshop something lovely like a makeover into something that is literally unattainable?

tadzio79

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzessin784
wow some of those are pretty impressive! I'm pretty sure I could be put up there with them though, without makeup I look really horrible....haha!

hehe, I'm with ya there!
rofl.gif

those after pics are really impressive, especially if it is only with MU!

juli

More so of Cameron Diaz w/ w.o make up!

Very interesting tho. I esp. like the Asian gal's make over in the second row, second pic.

:p

Another Janice!

dear lord...the bottom row, second to last photo...that lady's boobs are waaayy to big for that dress...her boob fat is falling out all over the place.

This all really confirms that I need a better foundation!

redambition

ahehehe. i love these.

there are some tricks used in this kind of "before and after" photography though.

the before shots are usually chosen purposely to be unflattering - hair usually pulled back (not always, if it's out it's looking limp and dull), straight on to the camera, poor lighting etc.

the after shots are posed to be more flattering (with better hair as well) and are then photoshopped to make them even better.

still, it does illustrate quite well that good makeup and good camera angle will make a world of difference.

knoxydoll

are these from the show extreme makeover?
because if they are then it's not just MU and photoshop it's also plastic surgery and the like

veilchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
ahehehe. i love these.

there are some tricks used in this kind of "before and after" photography though.

the before shots are usually chosen purposely to be unflattering - hair usually pulled back (not always, if it's out it's looking limp and dull), straight on to the camera, poor lighting etc.

the after shots are posed to be more flattering (with better hair as well) and are then photoshopped to make them even better.

still, it does illustrate quite well that good makeup and good camera angle will make a world of difference.

That's what I thought too - take a really really bad "before" pic and a professional "after" pic plus good make-up, dressing and hairstyling skills, and the difference will be even more obvious. And not to forget the computer skills to digitally enhance
winks.gif
But it's still great to watch.

NutMeg

I like pictures like this, not so much to show what makeup can do, because we all know it's more than that, but to demonstrate that everyone can be beautiful. No matter what you look like to start with (barring serious deformity), given the right makeup, lighting, outfit, hair, etc, you too can be gorgeous.
greengrin.gif

xsnowwhite

wow those are way different.
i must say though if i had a photoshop makeover done i'd be pretty mad since i wouldnt look like that in person hah.

xbeatofangelx

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsnowwhite
wow those are way different.
i must say though if i had a photoshop makeover done i'd be pretty mad since i wouldnt look like that in person hah.

Lol.. I think that's the only drawback - Just imagine how much more self-confidence these women gained after their makeovers, and how much their self-esteem rose n____n

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae
Some of the girls on their didn't even look that bad to begin with, they just needed to do their makeup, get out of the frumpy clothing. and style their hair.

exactly. i couldn't agree more.

Ms. Z

Great results but I think these after photos are after cosmetic surgery, I remember this one from ABC's Extreme Makeover

http://abc.go.com/primetime/extrememakeover/bios/89876.html

And this one is also from the show

http://abc.go.com/primetime/extrememakeover/bios/89906.html

I was hooked on that show, I never knew why they cancelled it; the last thing I remember hearing was that a woman who was promised a makeover & didn't get it & was suing them.

I don't know what happened to the Swan either.

Latest posts