The Purge

VAL4M

However, I think it's time to purge some older drugstore makeup. No need in keeping cheapo items I never use when I hardly have enough space to keep my expensive items.
Hey Sandra are you on Fragrantica? If so do you have the same ''name'' i'm very curious to see your perfume wardrobe ;)
As for my nail polish I never count them but I gave 7 to friends this weekend, they were colours that didn't suit my skin tone. I'm not a nail fanatics so I never feel the need to have the latest colours and I never jump on the high-end nail polish bandwagon (I look at you Chanel and Dior) so most of my nail polish are Julep, Opi and China Craze, so I might have 30ish nail polish and I have no attention to have more!

SandraVB79

I don't think I have ever created a username on Fragrantica. My perfume collection consists of only mass-marketing brands (Lancome, Gaultier, Dior, ..) and only 1 real nice niche perfume (eau radieuse from Humiecki & Graef, the special porcellan edition). The only reason I know how many nail polishes I have is because I have an inventory in excel. There are so many that sometimes I don't remember which ones I have. I have lots of Chanel and Dior, many OPI and Nails Inc, some Essie and then a bit of everything else, lol.

stephshopaholic

I have a fragrantica too lol but I haven't updated it in a few months. I have maybe 20+ perfumes right now I gave a few away to my sister, Anna Sui fairy dance and a few others, anything I blind buy that I end up not liking goes to her.

VAL4M

I have a fragrantica too lol but I haven't updated it in a few months. I have maybe 20+ perfumes right now I gave a few away to my sister, Anna Sui fairy dance and a few others, anything I blind buy that I end up not liking goes to her.
LOL Ok will try to find you it is not the same as here ... my knowledge of Fragrantica is so minimal. AND now why the Fragrance topic is so limited here
tong.gif
??? I should go and add some topic, I love makeup and have way more makeup then perfume but I really became more passionate about perfume this past couple of year. Those damn niche perfume house just get me so excited LOL.

PS: my name on Fragrantica is VAL4MAL a little different.

stephshopaholic

I love perfume too but I haven't fully gone down the rabbit hole yet and tried indie perfumes or anything like that. Stephanieshopaholic is my username there

VAL4M

Stephanieshopaholic is my username there
Well there is some niche perfume house more affordable then others
angelic.gif

I have a soft spot for Serge Lutens his bottle retail for 115$ to 135$CAN so not that expensive compare to let say MJ Daisy who retail for 90$CAN. But yes I need to be careful.

SandraVB79

I am so in love with Amouage perfumes, but they are around 300EUR for a bottle. And then there are the body products. And the gift sets.... I am way more passionate about perfumes than makeup. I buy both about as much, but I use my perfumes daily. Not so with my makeup, because I currently don't work. Don't feel like putting it on to sit at home with the dog. But I'd rather slice my throat than go without perfume!!

VAL4M

I am way more passionate about perfumes than makeup. I buy both about as much, but I use my perfumes daily. Not so with my makeup, because I currently don't work. Don't feel like putting it on to sit at home with the dog. But I'd rather slice my throat than go without perfume!!
I tried Opus III and really like it, I want to tried other one but at the same time i'm wondering what the use? if I can only afford 1 or 2 bottle per year at that price and already have a loooong wish list instead of testing more shouldn't I work on what I have before. But it is definitely up in my ally as for as perfume goes. I too wear perfume daily and will even use random sample that I have when ordering from Sephora for bedtime like Vera Wang Forever, princess, Balenciaga Paris, Tocca's perfume, Narciso Rodriguez etc, they are nice perfume but too generic for me so I wear those after my shower before going to bed that way i'm using them.

SandraVB79

I also use perfume before going to bed, lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I keep on trying expensive ones. If I only buy very few of them, I have to be sure it's the one I like most. There is a local store specialized in niche brands, and they don't only let you smell them, but let you really discover them, including all the background etc. Couple of years ago, I was invited to an event with the "noses" of many brands: Juliette has a gun, Humiecki & Graeff (I bought the porcellan edition of Eau Radieuse then and had it signed), Atelier Cologne, Odin, Olfactive Studio, Parfum d'Empire, Romea d'Ameor, ... It was so cool.

DILLIGAF

Hello all!!!
Spring has sprung and I'm doing a bit of spring cleaning. It's been a while since I've gone thought my stash and found new homes for neglected product. This is what's going away this round.

• 9 depotted NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils. These were some of the first products I bought when I started my collection. I've found better product that works for colored bases. Long story short. They're old!
  • Wet N Wild Color Icon 8 pan palette in I heart Matte. I was keeping this one for two of the colors. The others were a bit chalky. I realized that I have those same colors in other brands and formulas I love.
  • Loreal True Match Lumi Cushion. This was a new purchase and it's a great product but I bought the wrong color (too dark) and I'm not a fan of illuminating foundations.
  • Catrice Liquid Metal Eyeshadow in We Are The Champagnes, Look Me in the Ice & Under Treasure. Don't care for the colors.
  • LA Girl Pro BB Cream in Deep. Wrong color, way too red.
  • NYX HD Blush in Electro and Double Dare. I have these colors in formulas that I like better.
  • Magnolia Makeup Blush in Caution Cone. Never used this. I've had it for a while.
  • Milani American Beauty Rose Blush. Just a wee bit ashy.
  • 4 NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils. Just don't use them anymore.
  • Jordana Made to Last Liquid Eyeshadow in Immortal Metal and Uphold Gold. They don't ever dry down enough for me.
  • Maybelline Color Tattoo in Chocolate Suede. Same color as Rich Mahogany.
  • NYX Single Shadow in After Party. It's been sitting on my vanity for the last 3 months and I haven't even opened it.

I'm not even finished. This all that I was able to get through today.

DILLIGAF

My sister decided to get in on the act. She has recently purged some items from her collection.

• NYX Jumbo Pencils in Purple, Pots & Pans, Lemon, Slate, and Cherry.
  • Jordana Easyliner in Mint (2x) and Purple Fusion.
  • Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Rendezvous.
  • Ulta Eye Shadow in Night Sky.
  • NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Amsterdam
  • Maybelline Vivids Lipstick in Brazen Berry.
  • Wet N Wild Idol Eyes Creme Shadow Pencil in Techno
  • NYX Single Eye Shadow in Morocco

She said it's because her collection is getting out of control. If only she saw mine in it's entirely.

Jayjayy

I purged 19 lipsticks yesterday...a combination of liquid lipsticks and all of my Bite Beauty minis--I hate baby lipsticks lol. I still have a TON left, but I look forward to wearing them. Its such a shame, I purged items I never wore but had no interest in wearing SMH. The only one I loved was Dose of Colors Berry Me 2 but the packaging was leaking oil. My other shades don't leak so I had to let her go.

I'm not buying any new lipsticks until I've worn every one I own at least once.

boschicka

Just found this thread and I love it! I recently purged a bunch of items (96 to be exact) and sold them to Glambot. They offer so little per item, but it's just easier sometimes to sell to them in one large batch and be done with it. Versus selling on here, 1 item here and there. Worring about packaging/shipping/insurance, paypal fees. And certain items just don't sell on here, so it's better to simply include them with a large Glambot sell package to get rid of them.

I've been going through my entire collection and getting rid of the next round. I'll post a pic of my To Get Rid Of bag later. Currently testing out my pots of Armani Eyes to Kill Silk Eyeshadows. I don't like how some of the colors apply. Also working on my Mac MSF assortment. I hate glitter in face products. I'm finally admitting that to myself.

DILLIGAF

New Year New Purge!!!
I realized that it's been a while that I've made a note of what has come out of my collection of late. I've actually given away a medium Sephora bag of product to a young lady at work that has shown signs of being a makeup enthusiast. I'm still purging things out and this is what is currently in my to go bag.

• Smashbox Full Exposure Palette. I've had this product for years and I haven't used it once, NOT ONCE!
  • BH Cosmetics Missy Lynn Palette. I'm just not in love with this product anymore,
  • ELF Prism Eyeshadow in Naked. I was using this as highlighters. We all know I can stand to get rid of some highlighters. This is the first ( and probably only) one to go
  • CARGO eyeshadow palette in Tahiti. The number of times I've taken this out of my collection only to have it slip back in! I'm putting my foot down. IT HAS TO GO!
  • Ben Nye Lumiere Luxe Powder in Indian Copper. I have a similar color from Mehron that I like better. This mixed with a mixing medium was foiled heaven!
  • Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in Sequin. I'm done with the Colourpop Super Shock Shadows. I have about 10 total and I don't see that getting any bigger. Their pressed shadows have me though.
  • NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Rocky Mountain Green. I thought I got rid of all of these. I was wrong.
  • Prestige Total Intensity Eyeliner in Fierce Blue & Powerful Purple. This is a product I wholly recommend to people. It's pigmented and it's cheap. However, I have dupes for these colors in higher end product. As a result these just don't get used.
  • Wet N Wild MegaLast lipsticks in Cherry Bomb (9108D) and Vamp It Up(919B). To be honest, I love these lipsticks. They are MATTE and longlasting. However, the caps! They will not stay on! They have ruined the interior of more than one makeup bag or purse. I have similar colors from Pat McGrath, NARS, MAC, etc to put up with this any longer.
  • Maybelline Bold Lipstick in Berry Bossy. Meh
  • Jordana Made To Last Liquid Eyeshadow in Around Town Brown. Again another product I thought I had gotten rid of. They just don't dry down enough for me.
  • NYX Studio Liquid Liner in Extreme Blue. Old
  • Maybelline Master Strobing Liquid in Deep/Gold. I went to use this the other day and it smelled strange. So out she goes.
  • NYX Slip Tease Full Color Lip Oil in Bang Bang. To me, a lip oil should be moisturizing. This one isn't. I've worn it a couple times now and it dries the holy hell out of my lips. I can take a dry lip formula but this is ridiculous. I have one more color in this formulation that I'm going to give a go this weekend. I hope it's different. I don't have high hopes.
  • MAC Cremesheen Glass in Petite Indulgence, Creme Anglaise, and Melt In Your Mouth. I've had these for a good while. I still don't wear glosses. Into my B2M bag, they go.
I plan at some point to go over to my main collection and pull some product out of there in the upcoming days. So I will be listing more soon. What's leaving your collections?

fur4elise

Good work lady! :tee:

My purge has been an ongoing practice over 2017. I have a student worker who is also a beauty enthusiast with a very limited budget. So I have passed on lots of goodies to her. She in turn has given things to her sister.

I let go of several premade e/s & blush palettes! NARS, UD, MAC :shocked: , Benefit, Tarte...Also tossed many old loose pans. That was a downright cut throat purge!

Other odds & ends included Hourglass blushes I never got on with, a pile of several old MAC mineralize powders and singles that I will B2M,
and over 12 Physicians Formula powders, blushes & bronzers, some still brand new :doh:

I feel so good letting things go not getting used. As I write this, I can think of other things that will probably get cut too. Overall though, I am now sitting with a pretty nice edited wardrobe where I am loving everything I reach for! All around good feelings.
:thumbsup:

On the other end, I have also been 100% on top of returning anything new that was a dud for me. I am low/no buy again for 2018 so this should help me cut back on dud products.

New Year New Purge!!!
I realized that it's been a while that I've made a note of what has come out of my collection of late. I've actually given away a medium Sephora bag of product to a young lady at work that has shown signs of being a makeup enthusiast. I'm still purging things out and this is what is currently in my to go bag.

• Smashbox Full Exposure Palette. I've had this product for years and I haven't used it once, NOT ONCE!
  • BH Cosmetics Missy Lynn Palette. I'm just not in love with this product anymore,
  • ELF Prism Eyeshadow in Naked. I was using this as highlighters. We all know I can stand to get rid of some highlighters. This is the first ( and probably only) one to go
  • CARGO eyeshadow palette in Tahiti. The number of times I've taken this out of my collection only to have it slip back in! I'm putting my foot down. IT HAS TO GO!
  • Ben Nye Lumiere Luxe Powder in Indian Copper. I have a similar color from Mehron that I like better. This mixed with a mixing medium was foiled heaven!
  • Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in Sequin. I'm done with the Colourpop Super Shock Shadows. I have about 10 total and I don't see that getting any bigger. Their pressed shadows have me though.
  • NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Rocky Mountain Green. I thought I got rid of all of these. I was wrong.
  • Prestige Total Intensity Eyeliner in Fierce Blue & Powerful Purple. This is a product I wholly recommend to people. It's pigmented and it's cheap. However, I have dupes for these colors in higher end product. As a result these just don't get used.
  • Wet N Wild MegaLast lipsticks in Cherry Bomb (9108D) and Vamp It Up(919B). To be honest, I love these lipsticks. They are MATTE and longlasting. However, the caps! They will not stay on! They have ruined the interior of more than one makeup bag or purse. I have similar colors from Pat McGrath, NARS, MAC, etc to put up with this any longer.
  • Maybelline Bold Lipstick in Berry Bossy. Meh
  • Jordana Made To Last Liquid Eyeshadow in Around Town Brown. Again another product I thought I had gotten rid of. They just don't dry down enough for me.
  • NYX Studio Liquid Liner in Extreme Blue. Old
  • Maybelline Master Strobing Liquid in Deep/Gold. I went to use this the other day and it smelled strange. So out she goes.
  • NYX Slip Tease Full Color Lip Oil in Bang Bang. To me, a lip oil should be moisturizing. This one isn't. I've worn it a couple times now and it dries the holy hell out of my lips. I can take a dry lip formula but this is ridiculous. I have one more color in this formulation that I'm going to give a go this weekend. I hope it's different. I don't have high hopes.
  • MAC Cremesheen Glass in Petite Indulgence, Creme Anglaise, and Melt In Your Mouth. I've had these for a good while. I still don't wear glosses. Into my B2M bag, they go.
I plan at some point to go over to my main collection and pull some product out of there in the upcoming days. So I will be listing more soon. What's leaving your collections?

Last edited:

DILLIGAF

So after my most recent post, I turned around and realized there was a bag of lip product behind me. So I went through it.

• Revlon Matte Balm in Passionate. Meh
  • Revlon Matte Balm in Fiery. Nothing wrong with this product. As far as red goes I have other reds I love more.
  • Jordana Sweet Cream Matte Liquid Lip Color in Red Velvet Cake. I have no idea why I was holding on to a liquid lip I didn't like. Great color, the formula could use some work.
  • Too Faced Melted Chocolate in Chocolate Cherries. I don't like the smell of this product. I could do without the chocolate scent. I should have returned this ages ago.
  • Lime Crime Velvetine in Utopia. It has dried up. In the trash, this one goes.
  • NYX Intense Butter Gloss in Berry Strudel. I don't like glosses or this color.
  • NYX Butter Gloss in Vanilla Cream Pie, Red Velvet, and Devil's Food Cake. I don't like glosses!
  • NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Beige. I actually like this gloss. This one is old though. I can always repurchase.
  • L.A. Girl Matte Flat Finish Pigment Gloss in Rebel. While the name includes the world gloss this is a liquid matte lip. I have this color in better formulas.
  • Inglot Freedom System 5 pan with round lipsticks. I don't like the smell of this product anymore.
  • MAC Lipgelee in Lilacrush. I've had this forever and not nearly as moisturizing as I wanted it to be.
  • MAC Lipglass in Heroine, Style-Packed, and True Babe. See my previous statements on how I feel about gloss.
To be honest I kept a few glosses but they aren't anywhere near the sticky mess that is MAC lipglosses. I have a feeling if I am realistic about their use they may end up in future clearouts.

DILLIGAF

Let's get into liners and a couple of powders
  • MUFE Aqua Shadow Stick in 8E, 4E, and 6E. They were dried out.
  • Prestige Total Intensity Liner in Fearless Teal. I have this color in other brands I like more.
  • Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner in Stingray, Deep Fuchsia, and Deep Burgandy. They were all dried out. I will be repurchasing Deep Fuchsia and Burgandy.
  • Milani Liquif'Eye Metallic Eye Liner in Aqua and Black.
  • Buxom Waterproof Smoky Eye Stick in Torch/ Two By Four. This smelled terrible.
  • Loreal HIP Color Rich Cream Crayon in Intricate. Do you have any idea how old this is?
  • Loreal HIP Color Chrome Eyeliner in Silver. Another oldie. Replaced it with the Silkissime liner in Silver.
  • NYX Slide On Glide On liner in Golden Olive. There is a Silkissime dupe that is way creamier.
  • MAC Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner in Black Line and Petrol Blue. I went to swatch and the entire pencil fell out.
  • Jordana Easyliner for Eyes in Seagreen. I have this color in just about every brand available. Time to cull a few.
  • NYX Eye Pencil in Teal. I have a similar color in Stila I like better.
  • FaceFront Cosmetics Flashlite Highlight Powder in Gamma Ray, Autofocus, and Double Exposure. I'm not a fan of loose highlighters. Does anyone remember this company?
  • MUFE HD High Definition Powder. Flash Back City!
  • NYX Jumbo Pencil in Slate and Knight. I think this is really it for these Jumbo pencils. At least I hope so.
  • NYX Lip Liners in Purple Rain, Hot Red, and Pale Pink. I have better MAC ones in similar colors.
  • Sephora + Pantone Universe Palette in Precious Metals
  • Loreal HIP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner in Eggplant and Midnight Blue. *smh*
  • Sigma Paris Palette.
  • Smashbox On The Rocks Holiday Palette. I was gifted to me and I never used it.
  • Tarte The Tarte of Giving Holiday Palette. Not the colors for me anymore.
  • Coastal Scents Creative Me #1 Palette. I'd rather have SugarPill.
  • Lorac Multiplex 3D Eyeshadow Palette.
  • Tarte CC Matte be MATTEnificent Palette. I don't know what compelled me to buy this in the first place.
  • Stila Barbie Loves Stila Smudge Pots in Cobalt Clutch and Purple Pumps. This cannot be used! I was keeping it for collection purposes but I need a collection I can use.
  • Victoria Secret Eyeshadows in Horizon and Prowl. Do they even make makeup any more?
  • NYX Ombre Blush in Code Breaker.

I think this will be my last declutter for a while. I got rid of the old and purged the items I know I won't use anymore.

boschicka

I'm sending a large priority mail box to Project Beauty Share. Sending extra brushes I've never used, mostly leftovers from sets or free gifts with purchase. Including two palettes of Inglot e/s pans that just aren't for me b/c they are more cool toned. And then I'm adding Paul & Joe and Anna Sui blushes that are gorgeous, but they don't last on my skin. Oh and a few random Lancome e/s palettes I've never touched.
In sending these items, I'm thinking I should also go out and buy things the women can actually use more than makeup. Toothpaste, soap, shampoo, feminine hygiene products, etc. That will have to go in a separate box though!

Latest posts