the results are in...

hotti82

Ok, so i tried to give myself a loose-curl look...let me know what you think...the makeup is worn off, my allergies are HORRIBLE and yes, there is a blemish on my face
ssad.gif

IMG_1287.jpg

IMG_1282.jpg

IMG_1281.jpg

so_siqqq

Good job!

The pictures really shows the thickness of you hair so you can use a flat iron if you feel there's too much volume. Blow dry as normal with some blow dry styling product. Flat iron sections and use a heat protector for hair like Matrix Heat Glide (this is the only product I've found that doesn't make hair sticky but protects from damage and helps the hair to stay straight longer). Then curl. I'd curl more at least up to eyebrows.

But overall it looks fantastic!

hotti82

Quote:
Originally Posted by so_siqqq
Good job!

The pictures really shows the thickness of you hair so you can use a flat iron if you feel there's too much volume. Blow dry as normal with some blow dry styling product. Flat iron sections and use a heat protector for hair like Matrix Heat Glide (this is the only product I've found that doesn't make hair sticky but protects from damage and helps the hair to stay straight longer). Then curl. I'd curl more at least up to eyebrows.

But overall it looks fantastic!

thanks! i let it air dry all day; used a flatiron with some serum, heat protector and straightener; then i used the curling iron...it look me 5 hours!!! i'm never doing this again myself! i get a girl downtown to do it for me; she only charges me $30, it takes her all of 2 hours and it comes out looking SO much better! but i wanted to let you all know how it turned out...

MacVirgin

hmm what did you use to dry it rollers? maybe this helps.

i wash my hair and rud serum *anti frizz* in it
put rollers on very tight... auw!
dry under hairdryer
take rollers out and with a handryer (fohn) i flattend the top
pull hair up and make small section witch y begin to flatten with teh ceramic iron.
i work my way to the top
when finish i rub a of protector
when i go to sleep i make a *tulband* with my hair very tight and hold the hair in place with *i dont know how you call hem*
flat thingies that you can also hold rollers in place. *hope you understand*.
grrrr.. im mad at myself cause i cant explain what i mean
cry.gif
. it's so much better if when you can show something in person or your own lenguage
weeping.gif
weeping.gif

ishtarchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotti82
thanks! i let it air dry all day; used a flatiron with some serum, heat protector and straightener; then i used the curling iron...it look me 5 hours!!! i'm never doing this again myself! i get a girl downtown to do it for me; she only charges me $30, it takes her all of 2 hours and it comes out looking SO much better! but i wanted to let you all know how it turned out...

yup, that's exactly why I don't do anything to my hair, i've learned my lesson, I'm makeup savvy but hair illiterate and it can taje me 3 hours to just blowdry my own hair so at this point i seriously prefer either looking like "me" or paying $20 to get it done
smiles.gif

but it looks nice!!! however as you said, 5 hours? no way!

hotti82

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacVirgin
hmm what did you use to dry it rollers? maybe this helps.

i wash my hair and rud serum *anti frizz* in it
put rollers on very tight... auw!
dry under hairdryer
take rollers out and with a handryer (fohn) i flattend the top
pull hair up and make small section witch y begin to flatten with teh ceramic iron.
i work my way to the top
when finish i rub a of protector
when i go to sleep i make a *tulband* with my hair very tight and hold the hair in place with *i dont know how you call hem*
flat thingies that you can also hold rollers in place. *hope you understand*.
grrrr.. im mad at myself cause i cant explain what i mean
cry.gif
. it's so much better if when you can show something in person or your own lenguage
weeping.gif
weeping.gif

thanks...i think i get what you're saying; i know what you mean though about explaining things...visuals are always more helpful!

IslandGirl77

Your hair looks great! Your hair looks like mine. It's very thick. It takes me like two hours to straighten. So I dont' do it very often. But, when I do, I usually blow dry it first. I have a IONIC blow dryer and it makes it nice and shiny, somehow. LOL THen I flat iron. I use a glosser on my hair before I flat iron and it makes it soft and shiny too. I just having so much hair and I cannot stand "PUFF". I went to HHGregg one time, and this girl was like, "OMG, you have a lot of hair!" I feel ya pain girl. But, yours looks great. SOrry for the rambling.

hotti82

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandGirl77
Your hair looks great! Your hair looks like mine. It's very thick. It takes me like two hours to straighten. So I dont' do it very often. But, when I do, I usually blow dry it first. I have a IONIC blow dryer and it makes it nice and shiny, somehow. LOL THen I flat iron. I use a glosser on my hair before I flat iron and it makes it soft and shiny too. I just having so much hair and I cannot stand "PUFF". I went to HHGregg one time, and this girl was like, "OMG, you have a lot of hair!" I feel ya pain girl. But, yours looks great. SOrry for the rambling.

lol, no worries, girl! it's all good! i didn't blow dry; i air dried...maybe that was the problem??

IslandGirl77

I find that when I blow dry first, it gets it a little straight, and then it's a little easier to flat iron. I use a blow dryer witha comb attachment to comb through it as it dries. That seems to work good for me. Especially after I have relaxed my hair.

Bootyliciousx

you really have beautiful hair!!!The volume is amazing keep the voulme! Your hair type is hot!!!

Tip:blow dry your hair straight, use a serum (biosilk is good)and a heat protectant and then straighten it after your hair is completely dry.- chi iron only takes couple of seconds to heat up and it does a good job of straightening the hair. And use a deep condtioning shampoo or a good shampoo and condtioner. Biosilk makes great shampoo and conditioner that help alot in flatning the hair, but over time use the shampoo and conditoner makes it drying.

melissa

You look awesome!!!!!! and you did a great job straightening! You look like a completely different person!

melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandGirl77
I find that when I blow dry first, it gets it a little straight, and then it's a little easier to flat iron. I use a blow dryer witha comb attachment to comb through it as it dries. That seems to work good for me. Especially after I have relaxed my hair.

I totally agree. I find that its easier to straighten my hair and it comes out more smooth if I blow diry it first. With the blow dryer, you can start the straightening process by drying the hair downwards and/or using a paddle brush which both helps to relax the curl. What kind of flat iron did you use?

hotti82

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa
I totally agree. I find that its easier to straighten my hair and it comes out more smooth if I blow diry it first. With the blow dryer, you can start the straightening process by drying the hair downwards and/or using a paddle brush which both helps to relax the curl. What kind of flat iron did you use?

i just picked up a babyliss pro at the beauty supply...