The secret to wearing red lipstick

alien21xx

So I bought this Shu Uemura fire engine red lipstick on a whim because I found it looked gorgeous on the MA who was assisting me with my skincare purchase. But since then, I haven't the slightest idea how I was going to use this beautiful shade without looking overpowering... and to work, no less!

That was until I saw the newest Lancome Holiday Look: Precious Light. Wow, that's some awesome way to use red! But then, as you know, I don't use Lancome make-up (I might be tempted after seeing that beautiful red lipstick, Color Fever Shine Countdown, though.)

So, here's my rendition of this gorgeous sparkling holiday look (I day-ified it because I don't go out at night anyway.)

What I used:
  • Face
    • Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
    • MUFE Mat Velvet+
    • Shu Uemura Glow On in M Pink 33B (apply with a fan brush to ensure you only get the barest pink glow)
    • Terra Del Sol #7
  • Eyes
    • Vanilla Pigment (wash)
    • Family Silver Mineralize Eyeshadow Duo
    • Pure Luxe Mermaid e/s (lower lash line only)
    • Blitz & Glitz fluidline
    • Bad Gal Lash
  • Lips
    • Shu Uemura RD 190
cimg3072.jpg

cimg3073.jpg

cimg3077.jpg

Thanks for looking, lovelies!
winkiss.gif

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briar
This look is fantastic, this is a perfect lip/eye combo.

Yes, it is....Great job!

alien21xx

Thank you all for your comments. I do agree that silver eyes+red lips is a great combo. Red lipstick on its own may be a bit harsh so it looks best when balanced out with some warm, light eye make-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingie
Great combo! I wish I had the guts to wear red!
smiles.gif

Thanks, fingie. I think red lipstick goes with a certain mood. So if you're not gutsy enough to wear it on a certain mood/occasion, fear not because there'll always be another time when red is the color to wear.
winks.gif