The skinnys...

thestarsfall

Should I buy myself some skinny/straightlegged jeans so that I can wear them inside boots (which I also will have to purchase).

I don't really look good in them, but I want winter boots that I can wear over my pants to keep them warm and to keep the pants from getting wet. However, in most boots, flares and bootcut legs don't fit too nicely.

I think I am going to see how boots look on me and then decide if I should get boot-pants (skinny legs) so that I can wear them...

faifai

Yes, do it! Canada can get so, SO cold that it will be worth it. If you don't think skinny pants flatter you, try pairing them with a long sweater/jacket/scarf etc. Covering the hips and upper thighs is key to making the look work. I've been browsing around in various stores and long sweaters, sweaterdresses, etc. are definitely "in" this season so they should be easy to find.

If it's really, really cold, you can also wear leggings underneath the jeans to add warmth without adding bulk.

thestarsfall

The other problem is that I have short legs, so with tall boots, and then long shirts I wont have any!!! lol...

meh...I can imagine it being uberwarm though...which is awesome...I always wear leggings under my jeans (or tights if the jeans are really tight) in the colder days in Jan and feb

Miss uppity

If you don't think skinnys look good on you then don't buy them. Buy the boots and a straight leg jean, and wear the boot under them. There's no need for jeans to get wet, they should end just at the ankle anyways and skinnys aren't extra warmer or anything

xxx

pahblov

Depending on the boot you could probably fit a straight leg inside of them, if you don't like the look of skinnys. Try and get a boot that has a zipper all the way down to the bottom. I have a couple pairs of calve high boot with no zipper and it's hard enough to get skinny jeans into them!

gabi1129

i agree with pahblov, try a straight leg before going to a skinny leg. IMO they both work great!

knoxydoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss uppity
If you don't think skinnys look good on you then don't buy them. Buy the boots and a straight leg jean, and wear the boot under them. There's no need for jeans to get wet, they should end just at the ankle anyways and skinnys aren't extra warmer or anything

xxx

Umm when you're walking in a foot of snow and sometimes mush there's no way to keep your jeans dry. I've had wet stains almost to my butt before cause it gets just so wet (this is usually in the spring). When the snow is higher than your ankle you want your pants in your shoes.

j_absinthe

The key to people with short legs and boots v. tops is balance-I learned this from a guy who was selling me boots.

If your legs are short, it's usually best to get mid-calf boots instead of anything hitting the knee, unless you're pairing a knee high boot with a short skirt, but then you just run the risk of looking stumpy and/or streetwalkerish. If you've got a longer shirt and you're worried about the length of your legs, go for an ankle boot (and if it's cold, wear a pair of leggings underneath as mentioned above.)

Anita

I am short and I wear skinny jeans with boots all the time. Like the last person said, I think the key is to get boots that only go to mid calf instead of up to the knee. Either way I'm still lemming a pair of over the knee boots really bad