The Usage of the Word "Love"

SerenityRaine

I have a similiar situation to MsWestchester. I've been talkin to this guy online for a year now this month. Not really sure where its going, he's sendin mixed messages & confusing the hell outta me!

So recently he has been using the word "love" in place of babe recently. I'm not one to throw that word out there but he's been throwing it out left & right multiple times in convos. How would you guys deciper this? I'm soo confused. I don't think love is one of those words to toss around without meaning it.

Blushbaby

Well in England "Luv" is used as a term of endearment all the time and used very flippantly. Don't read too much into it.

Meisje

I went to highschool with a girl who called everyone "my love" even if she hated them. It became interchangeable with "you" at some point.

I don't think it means anything special if it's just used in place of "babe" or "honey."

You should try meeting someone in person before committing to a relationship with them. Online, someone can really cull their image and make themselves appear to be someone they aren't.

LoveMakeup4Real

So I take it you don't love him? Lol. If you really like him then my advice would be to go for it! If after a year and you've realized that you really have genuine feelings for him then let him know. If not then tell him you're not comfortable with him using such a strong word.

Is his use of the word love the only thing confusing you or is it his feelings for you/genuine/not sure..?

I was going to share a personal story about a similar situation I had several years ago with this guy I met online but I know it will be too long and sappy so I don't want to bore you all LOL.

SerenityRaine

Thanks guys thats what I kinda thought I just didn't want to read more into it. I do plan on meeting him soon.

I do really like him. Theres definitely a spark there that I haven't felt with other guys. I don't want to let myself get head over heels with him if its not goin to go anywhere. I've never felt this comfortable with a guy & I've never opened up to a guy like I have him. Its just that we're on diff pages. Sometimes he seems like he's on the right page but then other times he's in a whole diff chapter. He's almost there...

LoveMakeUpForReal, do share your story I'd love to hear!

euphrosyne_rose

I say just make sure you follow your instincts and take your time to get to know him really well IN PERSON. I was talking to a guy online for a few months and we met up and took things way to fast. In the end, he was way more the "Prince Charming" online than he was in person. People really can cover up their true selves chatting online so just make sure you get to know him even better and that you click in person as well as on the internet.
winks.gif

snowflakelashes

It's just like sweety or dear, depends on the guy and the culture, I know that in the vocab some of my friends use, "My dear" , and "Love" are simply a term of familiarity rather than having any real meaning. Now if he is saying "I love you" that is something to think about (again it doesn't necessarily mean anything). I say, meet him with an open mind, open heart, and open eyes. Listen to your instincts and feelings about the in person meeting. It will tell you a ton more than any of his words.
smiles.gif

Honey xOo

Well if he went from calling you babe to love all of a sudden he's either having deeper feelings for u, got sick of saying babe? or he heard someone else calling someone else ''love'' and liked the sound of it? lol IDK but it's not a bad thing atleast
smiles.gif
You need to meet or start talking on the phone next and see where it goes.

Didididums

Hey SerenityRaine, I know exactly how you're feeling. I met my current boyfriend of 3 and a half years online and its so so hard to read their feelings through a computer. After about a month of mixed messages and going over and over in my head what they meant, I had to ask him how he really felt about me and what our friendship/relationship meant to him. I know it seems hasty but it's your emotions that are flying wild and if you have to know you have to know. Atleast then you know where you stand.

Hope this helps
smiles.gif

Latest posts