The Vampire Diaries

noahlowryfan

Has anyone watched this yesterday? Yeah, this came out after twilight movie but actuality the book came out way before the twilight book came out. I really like this show and it might be one of my favorites now.

tara_hearts

I really wanted to like it.. I thought the acting/storyline was mediocre. Maybe it will get better as it goes.

Shadowy Lady

I have heard of it but didn't watch it yet. Is it boring and badly acted like Twilight? Or is it serious vampire stuff? Sorry I like vampire things but I detested Twilight. If this is anything like it I need to stay far far away

kdemers1221

I was not impressed either. I watched the show for like 20 minutes and walked away from the tv and didnt' finish watching it. I couldn't take it seriously. The opening was to similar to the opening scene in the first season of true blood and everything else was to similar to twilight. I won't be watching this show.

tara_hearts

Yeah definately skip if you don't like twilight. Its like a cornier version of twilight if you can imagine.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by tara_hearts
Yeah definately skip if you don't like twilight. Its like a cornier version of twilight if you can imagine.

how on earth can you get cornier than twilight!? haha

sinergy

my daughter liked it. but she is twelve. this series came out in the early nineties right?

arielle123

I haven't seen the series but I loved the books back in the 90's when I was a teenager. I'm almost afraid to re-read them because I have such good memories of them.

It's the same thing with the series. I'm sad that they made it because it can't be as good.

malaviKat

LOL I haven't seen Twilight but when I first heard about this series I thought it sounded awfully familiar. Imagine my surprise when this "innovative" new show was actually a book series I'd read in my early teens. I think I'm inclined to agree with Arielle... I'm not sure I want to see my pleasant memories of the books ruined. (Mind you, I'm fairly certain that if I re-read the books nowadays they'd probably be total cheese!)

kaylabella

I thought the pilot was okay, they obviously got some things wrong, but I think the changes make sense. I wasn't super impressed with it yet, but I am willing to give the series a chance since the books were good.

elongreach

The pilot seemed promising to me. However, I loved the twilight series as well as most vampire themed novels and tv shows.

chocolategoddes

i've heard of the show but I don't think I'll ever understand this recent Vampire mania.

there's room for only one vampire in my heart:
20mnoi.jpg

gildedangel

I have seen the previews for it, and my first thoughts were "OMG, it is going to be just like the freaking twilight movie! Boo!" But after reading this thread, I might check out an episode; I won't knock it until I try it. If I don't like the show though, I might check out the books as they apparently came out around the time I was born, so I had never heard of them lol.

sinergy

yea i had the first book in the series or read it or something when i was younger..ive always been into vampires and fantasy or paranormal things....i actually liked the pilot! it was good and they did change stuff but i reread the books now my daughter is in to it and its better with the changes lol

aziajs

I really enjoyed the show. I'll tune in next week.

As for vampires, people seem to forget that this love affair is nothing new....AT ALL. It's cyclical. Vampires are en vogue for a while, then it goes out. It happened with Anne Rice, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Buffy, Angel, and countless other movies and tv shows.

Vlcatko

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxAxC-_ATTACK
I'm bored of vampires.

I am bored of dull vampires :p Vampires have such a potential but all the filmmakers can do with them are crappy teenage romances (nothing against teenage romances, if they are good).
2cents.gif