Theme Makeup with a Purpose

Medgal07

The best I did was with the black eyeshadow in the YSL Fétiche palette.
I posted several videos for smokey eye looks---good for ideas. Pretty found a super, super easy video
for winged linger for hooded eyelids. I watched it once, tried it and LOVE it. I'm
not good at this stuff which attests to how easy the video instruction & demo were.

I also posted several pages back, how I wear the YSL Fétiche palette---which has to be my all-time fav
palette for making smokey eye looks.

​ As for eyeliner, I think I like prefer liquid liner pens like MAC Penultimate and CT Feline Flick for wings
because it gives me better control. I do like gel liners for just lining the upper lash
line. I'm not good enough with wings yet to do them w/gel liners.

Medgal07

There was a period of 6-7 years when i was in college/university where i transitioned from daily pencil eyeliner to liquid eyeliner, at first one that was the wand type, then to a cake liner with separate brush where you add water to. The cake with separate brush gave good control (line thickness, opacity), but i think i got bored of liquid liner since I was wearing it every single day! So once i finished it, i just stopped altogether wearing eyeliner for several years.

Now that I'm well over my aversion I might buy one of the cake eyeliners again!
OMG Aradhana----I had totally forgotten about the cake liners. I guess I stopped using them for no
reason other than it was just easier to have a liquid liner versus having to add water to liquify one.

Anneri

I posted several videos for smokey eye looks---good for ideas. Pretty found a super, super easy video
for winged linger for hooded eyelids. I watched it once, tried it and LOVE it. I'm
not good at this stuff which attests to how easy the video instruction & demo were.

I also posted several pages back, how I wear the YSL Fétiche palette---which has to be my all-time fav
palette for making smokey eye looks.

​ As for eyeliner, I think I like prefer liquid liner pens like MAC Penultimate and CT Feline Flick for wings
because it gives me better control. I do like gel liners for just lining the upper lash
line. I'm not good enough with wings yet to do them w/gel liners.

Anneri

Oh, totally forgot to post today's look!

Face as usual, with Chanel Rose Initiale Blush and Lightscapade.
Eyes: Earthly MES all over with Blanc Type under the browbone. AAAAAANNNNND *drumroll* Blitz & Glitz fluidline for that winged liner!
Lips: Good Kisser.

I liked it a lot. :)

Medgal07

Oh, totally forgot to post today's look!

Face as usual, with Chanel Rose Initiale Blush and Lightscapade.
Eyes: Earthly MES all over with Blanc Type under the browbone. AAAAAANNNNND *drumroll* Blitz & Glitz fluidline for that winged liner!
Lips: Good Kisser.

I liked it a lot. :)
Wow! Awesome look! You're making me want to wear Lightscapade! I have a feeling you're very good at making wings, Anneri.

Anneri

Wow! Awesome look! You're making me want to wear Lightscapade! I have a feeling you're very good at making wings, Anneri.
Thanks Med! Thanks to Pretty's video tutorial I've started to up my wing game, wooot! I'm really excited to practise some more and get really good at it!

I just love Lightscapade. I use it nearly every day because it's such a great highlighter for my skintone!

Medgal07

Thank you Pretty!

OMG I think you just changed my MU life. I did it!!!!! And it looks quite good!!! YAY!!!! Thank you for posting this!!!!
*runs around dancing*

(Also I really had to laugh about the girl. She's funny! Not like all the other beauty bloggers/ YT gurus!)

Hahaha! I'm not *yet* cooking with my MU! But who knows...
cutey.gif

I know that a lot of people use their hair straighteners, but I had about a dozen e/s to depot and with a frying pan you can depot a lot of them much more quickly because you can warm up several at once. I'm so happy that I finally have all my Mega Metals in a palatte so that I'm hopefully going to use them more often!

I actually meant tutorials for winged liner, not the smokey eyes. But now that I've seen the one that Pretty posted I doubt that I need another one!

That sounds so beautiful!

Me too, me too!!!!!!

Thank you! I've to unearth all those holiday MU items soon too! (But I'm not really into the holidays yet. There's such a lot of holiday items in stores already and I'm like 'I want to enjoy autumn first please?')

Do you like Tribalist? Heirloom will be in stores next week over here and I'm really not sure what to get yet. Did you get anything else?
I think the frying pan is an excellent idea for depotting multiple shadows. I think the most that I've ever done at once was 3/4 and for that I used a lighter &
tweezer.

Yay for winged liner!
cheerleader.gif

I haven't even worn some of my holiday makeup items, and the spring stuff is popping up. What the hell---it's still fall/autumn
icon_eek.gif
Not to mention that I've not worn some
of last year's holiday stuff--***cough 3D gold glitter.

honybr

My BCAM look yesterday:

MUFE eyeshadow - D850 Nitro Pink (glitter pink on steriods)
UD Perversion eyeliner
L'oreal Mascara
Illamasqua blush - Beg (subtle pink with brown undertones)
MAC Calente lipstick

The eyeshadow was super bright even for me. I received lots of compliments so I just went with it. Lol.

Medgal07

My BCAM look yesterday:

MUFE eyeshadow - D850 Nitro Pink (glitter pink on steriods)
UD Perversion eyeliner
L'oreal Mascara
Illamasqua blush - Beg (subtle pink with brown undertones)
MAC Calente lipstick

The eyeshadow was super bright even for me. I received lots of compliments so I just went with it. Lol.
Wow Honybr---sounds like a phenomenal look! Beg sounds really pretty too. My Caliente lippie is super soft and frankly a mess, but I love the color so much!!!

honybr

Wow Honybr---sounds like a phenomenal look! Beg sounds really pretty too. My Caliente lippie is super soft and frankly a mess, but I love the color so much!!!

That's how my Caliente is turning. I had to put on several layers and then when I tried to reapply I had to remove it and just start all over. I wonder if it's the formula?

Medgal07

That's how my Caliente is turning. I had to put on several layers and then when I tried to reapply I had to remove it and just start all over. I wonder if it's the formula?
Of course I thought /I had done something wrong but another lippie from that collex, Sheer Seduction is doing the same thing, so now I'm inclined to think it's
the formula. I also have Altered Beige from that collex and it's fine, but clearly a different formula.

meka72

Hey ladies! I hope you've had a good day. Yesterday, as I promised @Sagehen, I wore OCC Black Metal Dahlia in honor of the Specktrette who lost her battle with cancer. I only cleaned the house and did my hair but my lips were gorgeous! This week, I'm wearing: Sunscreen/Primer: Elta MD UV clear SPF 46 Foundation: MUFE pro finish in 174 Concealer: Nars creamy concealer in Amande (undereye) and Cafe (PIH) Setting powder: Surratt Diaphane Loose powder in éclatant (I read that using a translucent powder would minimize transfer of foundation) Blush: Milani Bella Rosa (in honor of BCAM) Highlight: Mac stereo rose Lips: Nars Audacious lipstick in Fanny I experimented with smokey eye looks last week. I did a cool look on one eye and a warm look on the other. I liked them both but would probably do the warm look for work. But I'm off to look at more videos. ETA: I forgot that I used Stila stay all day liquid liner (thanks to @MsTT for the recommendation in the sephora thread) to line my eyes. No mascara as usual. Lol.

Medgal07

I experimented with smokey eye looks last week. I did a cool look on one eye and a warm look on the other. I liked them both but would probably do the warm look for work. But I'm off to look at more videos.
Hey Meka
wavey.gif
That was a really nice tribute!!!

I love reading your looks because you use such a variety of products. Fanny is gorgeous, BTW!!!

I think what I like about smokey eyes is that they can be cool or warm, toned down for a day look or amped up for evening. Smokey eye week will be a fun
week!!!

MandyVanHook

[COLOR=EE82EE] I posted several videos for smokey eye looks---good for ideas.  Pretty found a super, super easy video[/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE]  for winged linger for hooded eyelids.  I watched it once, tried it and LOVE it.  I'm[/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE]  not good at this stuff which attests to how easy the video instruction & demo were.[/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE]  I also posted several pages back, how I wear the YSL Fétiche palette---which has to be my all-time fav[/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE]  palette for making smokey eye looks.[/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE]​  As for eyeliner, I think I like prefer liquid liner pens like MAC Penultimate and CT Feline Flick for wings[/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE]  because it gives me better control.  I do like gel liners for just lining the upper lash[/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE]  line.  I'm not good enough with wings yet to do them w/gel liners.[/COLOR]
I must find this video! My eyes aren't super hooded, but enough that it makes winged liner a pain.

MandyVanHook

[COLOR=EE82EE]  Hey Meka :wavey:  That was a really nice tribute!!![/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE]  I love reading your looks because you use such a variety of products.  Fanny is gorgeous, BTW!!![/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE]  I think what I like about smokey eyes is that they can be cool or warm, toned down for a day look or amped up for evening.  Smokey eye week will be a fun[/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE]  week!!! [/COLOR]
I LOVE smokey eyes. It's pretty much an everyday thing for me!

Medgal07

Monday's Look

EYES:
Chanel IDO, Impulsion (Pastel Pink)

Chanel single E/S, Palpitation ( soft rose) Lid to transition area
Chanel single E/S, Sensation (ivory pink) to highlight brow
Charlotte Tilbury Feline Flick black liner to upper lash line, WINGED AGAIN!!!!
yahoo.gif

MAC eye pencil, GraphBlack to just beneath lower lash line & to waterline

FACE:
Chanel Bronzing Base as Primer
Chanel Perfection Lumiére foundation
MAC P & P Bright Forecast Highlighter in small triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Powder, Banana
Tom Ford, Shade & Illuminate topped w/Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Sculpt Powder
Tom Ford Blush Duo, Softcore Highlighter to facial high planes
Tom Ford Blush Duo, Softcore Blush (terracotta on me & packs a huge punch!!)
Chanel Les Beiges powder as overall face powder
Skindinavia Makeup setting spray

LIPS:

Chanel Sonic Pink, Le Crayon Lèvres Precision Lip Definer
Dior Rouge Dior, Deauville(Pink) 671

NAILS: Chanel Rose Insolent (medium rosy pink)

OOTD: Black Leggings , Black Tunic. Black Uggs, short classic, BCA Pink Pin, Pink & Black Statement necklace

Dolly Snow

Monday's Look

EYES:
Chanel IDO, Impulsion (Pastel Pink)

Chanel single E/S, Palpitation ( soft rose) Lid to transition area
Chanel single E/S, Sensation (ivory pink) to highlight brow
Charlotte Tilbury Feline Flick black liner to upper lash line, WINGED AGAIN!!!!
yahoo.gif

MAC eye pencil, GraphBlack to just beneath lower lash line & to waterline

FACE:
Chanel Bronzing Base as Primer
Chanel Perfection Lumiére foundation
MAC P & P Bright Forecast Highlighter in small triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Powder, Banana
Tom Ford, Shade & Illuminate topped w/Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Sculpt Powder
Tom Ford Blush Duo, Softcore Highlighter to facial high planes
Tom Ford Blush Duo, Softcore Blush (terracotta on me & packs a huge punch!!)
Chanel Les Beiges powder as overall face powder
Skindinavia Makeup setting spray

LIPS:

Chanel Sonic Pink, Le Crayon Lèvres Precision Lip Definer
Dior Rouge Dior, Deauville(Pink) 671

NAILS: Chanel Rose Insolent (medium rosy pink)

OOTD: Black Leggings , Black Tunic. Black Uggs, short classic, BCA Pink Pin, Pink & Black Statement necklace
Sounds beautiful Meddy