Theme Makeup with a Purpose

aradhana

pretty look kate! i like that you've got your custom blended colour. i noticed the other day that bite have that service available and was thinking i would love to try it out. did it take long to have done? fun process?

hope you are all having a great holiday season!

sagehen

OK, I have not made it out of the house yet... FACE: Laura Mercier Oil-Free Supreme Foundation, Toffee Bronze (can't wait to finish this...) LA Girl HD Pro concealer, Fawn under eyes, Chestnut on dark areas NYX Set It and Don't Fret It powder, medium dark City Color Contour Kit to bronze and highlight (WOC, leave this alone. the highlight does not show up on anyone darker than NC35, and it is ashy. whose idea was it for a matte white powder for a highlight in a kit that is supposed to be "universal"?) MAC powder blush, Animal Instinct EYES: ELDW cream e/s, Cafe Au Lait Too Faced Natural Eye Palette, Erotica on lid, Velvet Revolver in crease, Sexpresso in outer v, Silk Teddy under browbone NYX gel e/l, Scarlette (blackened brown) ABH Dipbrow, Dk Brown/Auburn mix MAybelline One By One mascara, Blackest Black LIPS: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream, Addis Ababa (I need a new one - I am hoping a new one would have the formula that NYX made with the new shades)

Medgal07

cool! i'm excited guys! i'm not sure i'll make it through a year with my collection, but wherever i get to is fine. i think it's ok to repeat, or take breaks to work in new stuff or whatever...it's just for fun!
pretty look kate! i like that you've got your custom blended colour. i noticed the other day that bite have that service available and was thinking i would love to try it out. did it take long to have done? fun process?
hope you are all having a great holiday season!
I agree! Repeats should be allowed for whatever reason the participant deems necessary, after all,
she's the only one impacted by it. I think i'll maintain two baskets, a large one for lipsticks that I use
that will return to circulation after a year, and a smaller basket that will be discarded if my daughter has
no interest in them. Obviously, if they're MAC I'll B2M them.

Quote: Originally Posted by sagehen

OK, I have not made it out of the house yet...

FACE:
Laura Mercier Oil-Free Supreme Foundation, Toffee Bronze (can't wait to finish this...)
LA Girl HD Pro concealer, Fawn under eyes, Chestnut on dark areas
NYX Set It and Don't Fret It powder, medium dark
City Color Contour Kit to bronze and highlight (WOC, leave this alone. the highlight does not show up on anyone darker than NC35, and it is ashy. whose idea was it for a matte white powder for a highlight in a kit that is supposed to be "universal"?)
MAC powder blush, Animal Instinct

EYES:
ELDW cream e/s, Cafe Au Lait
Too Faced Natural Eye Palette, Erotica on lid, Velvet Revolver in crease, Sexpresso in outer v, Silk Teddy under browbone
NYX gel e/l, Scarlette (blackened brown)
ABH Dipbrow, Dk Brown/Auburn mix
MAybelline One By One mascara, Blackest Black

LIPS:
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream, Addis Ababa (I need a new one - I am hoping a new one would have the formula that NYX made with the new shades)
City Color Contour Kit to bronze and highlight
​I had to look this one up Sage---I've never heard of it. I'm wondering if the formula is the issue, because
I'm not light and I'm able to wear two Chanel highlighters that are white. Actually they look stark white.

Animal instinct is very pretty and Addis Ababa is WOW gorgeous!!! Sounds like a really pretty pink look
Sage!!!

Medgal07

cheerleader.gif
Like Sage, I returned to pink---We have just one more pink day left.
cheerleader.gif

SATURDAY's PINK to MAUVE & EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN Lip Look
I wore the same e/s quad as Monday put placed the shadows differently, for totally different look.

EYES:
MAC Blackground Paint Potas a base
Chanel e/s Quad, Tissé Paris #238 from the spring 2015 collex, RÊVERIE PARISIENNE
Slate Gray to lids over Blackground & to lower lash line
Intense Rose to crease
Delicate Rose to transition
Estée Lauder Illum. Powder Gelee, Crystal Baby (Soft Pink() to highlight brow & inner corners

FACE:
Chanel, Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base
Guerlain Terracotta Joli Teint Healthy Glow Fluid Foundation
YSL Touche Éclat’ Radiant Touch Luminous Pralinein small triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Powder, Banana Visage
MACProSculpting Cream,MAC Coffee Walnut to contour, set w/ Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow to set
Estée Lauder Illum. Powder Gelee, Crystal Baby (pale white pink) to highlight facial high planes
Tom Ford Wicked 06 (Raspberry Pink) Blush
MAC Mineralized Skin Finish-Natural Powder to set
Skindinavia Makeup setting spray
Givenchy Prisme Libre 7 Voile Rose lightly dusted over entire face

LIPS:
Chanel Hydra Beauty Nourishing Lip Care
Chanel Sonic Pink, Le Crayon Lèvres Precision Lip Definer
Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet Luminous Matte, La Diva (Electric Pink) 44

NAILS:

Dior Darling (Pink) 653

sagehen

Medgal you have me intrigued by this Estee Lauder gelee. I am going to google this. You are right about the formula (and quality, frankly) of the white highlighter being an issue. I only grabbed the palette because it is made by a local company and they had a warehouse sale. I saw this product and remembered some blogger mentioning it. No good. Passing on to my sister. I will also take any further advice from said blogger with a grain of salt.

Medgal07

You are right about the formula (and quality, frankly) of the white highlighter being an issue. I only grabbed the palette because it is made by a local company and they had a warehouse sale. I saw this product and remembered some blogger mentioning it. No good. Passing on to my sister. I will also take any further advice from said blogger with a grain of salt.
The biggest mistake Estée Lauder ever made was making the gelees limited edition!
You made me crack up about the blogger
lol.gif
There's nothing truer in makeup than, 'one size does not fit all, or even most.'

sagehen

[COLOR=EE82EE]The biggest mistake Estée Lauder ever made was making the gelees limited edition![/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE]   You made me crack up about  the blogger:lol: There's nothing truer in makeup than, 'one size does not fit all, or even most.'[/COLOR]
from your keyboard to their ears!

aradhana

cheerleader.gif
Like Sage, I returned to pink---We have just one more pink day left.
cheerleader.gif

SATURDAY's PINK to MAUVE & EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN Lip Look
I wore the same e/s quad as Monday put placed the shadows differently, for totally different look.

EYES:
MAC Blackground Paint Potas a base
Chanel e/s Quad, Tissé Paris #238 from the spring 2015 collex, RÊVERIE PARISIENNE
Slate Gray to lids over Blackground & to lower lash line
Intense Rose to crease
Delicate Rose to transition
Estée Lauder Illum. Powder Gelee, Crystal Baby (Soft Pink() to highlight brow & inner corners

FACE:
Chanel, Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base
Guerlain Terracotta Joli Teint Healthy Glow Fluid Foundation
YSL Touche Éclat’ Radiant Touch Luminous Pralinein small triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Powder, Banana Visage
MACProSculpting Cream,MAC Coffee Walnut to contour, set w/ Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow to set
Estée Lauder Illum. Powder Gelee, Crystal Baby (pale white pink) to highlight facial high planes
Tom Ford Wicked 06 (Raspberry Pink) Blush
MAC Mineralized Skin Finish-Natural Powder to set
Skindinavia Makeup setting spray
Givenchy Prisme Libre 7 Voile Rose lightly dusted over entire face

LIPS:
Chanel Hydra Beauty Nourishing Lip Care
Chanel Sonic Pink, Le Crayon Lèvres Precision Lip Definer
Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet Luminous Matte, La Diva (Electric Pink) 44

NAILS:

Dior Darling (Pink) 653
ooh La Diva looks incredible!!

Medgal07

sounds very pretty! actually i'm glad to see you refer to this too faced palette - i've kinda been wondering how their stuff would fare on darker skin tones. i've been using their eyeshadow primer for years, but haven't branched out to any of their other products, and most of the reviews i've read online are from light to medium skin toned people. i was mostly interested in this palette and the chocolate bar one, since i keep hearing so many great things about it...

Thanks Aradhana-------I call it Chanel's Candy Yum Yum.

Shars

sounds very pretty! actually i'm glad to see you refer to this too faced palette - i've kinda been wondering how their stuff would fare on darker skin tones. i've been using their eyeshadow primer for years, but haven't branched out to any of their other products, and most of the reviews i've read online are from light to medium skin toned people. i was mostly interested in this palette and the chocolate bar one, since i keep hearing so many great things about it...

They have a bronzer called Sun Bunny that is a beautiful highlight on darker skin tones. I quite like their eyeshadows as well and prefer their primer to Urban Decay's.

Medgal07

They have a bronzer called Sun Bunny that is a beautiful highlight on darker skin tones. I quite like their eyeshadows as well and prefer their primer to Urban Decay's.
I'll need a new primer soon---perhaps I'll look into the Too Faced Shadow Insurance!!!

Shars

I'll need a new primer soon---perhaps I'll look into the Too Faced Shadow Insurance!!!
Sephora always has little sets with the smaller sized version which have enough to last a good few months. What I prefer about the Too Faced Shadow Insurance is that it's strong enough to help my eyeshadow last ALL day (and I tend to have 12 hour days by the time I take my makeup off at night) but it doesn't interfere with blending. I find the Urban Decay Primer Potion interferes with blending sometimes.

sagehen

Well, this is an older version of the palette on the shelf now. Three of the shades have been replaced by new ones and I think I might like the new version more. The transition shade seems more WOC friendly and the glitter bomb shade has been changed out too. The thing I dislike about TooFaced palettes is the huge pans of colors that are too light for me to use. The darker shades are the ones I would use. I have 3 Too Faced palettes: I got one in a swap and two on super discounts at a Nordstrom Rack. One of the palettes had ZERO wear time and several shades broke out of it. That was my first palette and it was a bad. The other two palettes, my only complaint is the issue with the huge pans of the light shades, although the shades could definitely be more vibrant/pigmented. I definitely have to pack it on. I would never pay full price for a TooFaced palette for these reasons, but I am thinking of using a gc I got for Christmas for the SemiSweet palette. That is as far as I plan to venture into TooFaced.

Medgal07

Well, this is an older version of the palette on the shelf now. Three of the shades have been replaced by new ones and I think I might like the new version more. The transition shade seems more WOC friendly and the glitter bomb shade has been changed out too. The thing I dislike about TooFaced palettes is the huge pans of colors that are too light for me to use. The darker shades are the ones I would use. I have 3 Too Faced palettes: I got one in a swap and two on super discounts at a Nordstrom Rack. One of the palettes had ZERO wear time and several shades broke out of it. That was my first palette and it was a bad. The other two palettes, my only complaint is the issue with the huge pans of the light shades, although the shades could definitely be more vibrant/pigmented. I definitely have to pack it on. I would never pay full price for a TooFaced palette for these reasons, but I am thinking of using a gc I got for Christmas for the SemiSweet palette. That is as far as I plan to venture into TooFaced.
I don't have the SemiSweet palette but I've heard good things about it Sage.

aradhana

cool i will check out the bronzer. i also prefer their primer to UD's. i can't recall why anymore, but i think i've been using the shadow insurance for something like 7 years. i usually don't have that much loyalty to any product and love changing it up, so i guess it's saying something!

Quote: Originally Posted by sagehen

thanks for this info!

that palette, though older, is one i thought looked quite pretty but it's good to know that my intuition was right about the lighter shades. maybe if they come out with a palette that is mostly without super light shades i'll go for that, or as you say, finding a palette at a reduced price. i liked one of those little palettes they released at christmas which had just three shadows in it, but i think it was part of a larger set that i didn't need the rest of! (it was the set that had mini-kits you could give as gifts or keep for yourself).

Medgal07

Ladies, have we decided when we're starting our 'TAUPE CHALLENGE'????? Are we staring January 1, 2015? How long would you like to do it...one week or two??

Shars

cool i will check out the bronzer. i also prefer their primer to UD's. i can't recall why anymore, but i think i've been using the shadow insurance for something like 7 years. i usually don't have that much loyalty to any product and love changing it up, so i guess it's saying something!

thanks for this info!

that palette, though older, is one i thought looked quite pretty but it's good to know that my intuition was right about the lighter shades. maybe if they come out with a palette that is mostly without super light shades i'll go for that, or as you say, finding a palette at a reduced price. i liked one of those little palettes they released at christmas which had just three shadows in it, but i think it was part of a larger set that i didn't need the rest of! (it was the set that had mini-kits you could give as gifts or keep for yourself).
You're welcome! I have 2 Too Faced Palettes - the 15th Anniversary Sephora one and the holiday one from last year (Pretty Rebel). Both of them are extremely pigmented and last on my lids. That said, they are more satin type shades. I've heard that their mattes leave a bit to be desired.

Prettypackages

Ladies, have we decided when we're starting our 'TAUPE CHALLENGE'????? Are we staring January 1, 2015? How long would you like to do it...one week or two??
Oh I don't know... I was going to say one b/c I personally don't have a lot of taupe, but then I realized, I can create more than one eye look with one shade of taupe. So I leave it up to you all. I really want ot hear what looks you all create.

Are we done with our lippie of the week? NOOOOOOOOOO I forgot to post the rest of my vampy looks and I enjoy these challenges.... I gave up on pink though. I will say, out of my "bright pinks" Embrace me and pleasure bomb are my faves... I dont need the rest...

Medgal07

who me? I'm sure I'll love them.

such a pretty palette!
I tend to stay away from them as well. Let us know how you like the palette. I think it looks warmer than chocolate bar.

Oh I don't know... I was going to say one b/c I personally don't have a lot of taupe, but then I realized, I can create more than one eye look with one shade of taupe. So I leave it up to you all. I really want ot hear what looks you all create.

Are we done with our lippie of the week? NOOOOOOOOOO I forgot to post the rest of my vampy looks and I enjoy these challenges.... I gave up on pink though. I will say, out of my "bright pinks" Embrace me and pleasure bomb are my faves... I dont need the rest...
I never even got to those---I should be able to fit them in over the course of a year
lol.gif
​I'll wait for everyone else, or a majority to weigh in.
​ I think we had one more day of pink but I'm in red today...it worked better w/my outfit. I wore pink yesterday though.

Prettypackages

I had to go back and look..... I think I'm going to wear RIta tomorrow, instead of a nude b/c I just went back a few pages and saw AWS lip pick wearing it. LOVE IT. LOL

December 28 - 31
All Nudes, regardless of color (tan, brown, pink, peach, etc)
MAC
A Perfect Day (Light Neutral Pink)
Bad Girl RiRi (Peachy Beige)
Beach Sand (Peachy Tan)
Exclusive Event (Cool Nude) Divine Night Collection
Freckletone (Neutral Peach, Lustre)
Fresh Brew (Creamed coffee, Lustre)
Honey Love (Light Beige Toned w/Rose) B2M Nov 2012
Mulled Cider
Myth (Light Neutral Nude)
Nude (Cool Nude Cream) RiRi Fall Collection
Peachstock (Creamy beige peach, Satin)
Photo (Golden brown, Satin)
Pillow Talk (light medium beige-brown)
Velvet Teddy (Deep Toned Beige)
Viva Glam Gaga 2 (Muted pink-beige)
Warm Companion (Beige w/Gold Pearl)
CHANEL
InTime (Soft Pink) 93
Précieuse (Nude) 114

TOM FORD
First Time (Peachy Nude)
Negligee (Rosy Nude)

CHARLOTTE TILBURY
Hepburn Honey (Beige Nude)

-----------------
and we decided we'd extend the nudes out for the whole week.

Latest posts