Theme Makeup with a Purpose

sagehen

If anyone is interested, there's a 30 day dark lip challenge. Check out this thread if anyone's up for the challenge :)

http://www.specktra.net/showthread.php/113343-Get-Your-Dark-Lip-On!
Ooh I am on challenge! I am wearing Smoked Purple l/s today. Do we have a theme yet y'all? In the interest of my own challenge of using new things I wore NYX Kitten Heels liquid suede lipstick yesterday. It just happened that it is red so I was on trend for World AIDS Day. I am also wearing a couple more shades from the Gwen Stefani palette today. I am surprised at the lack of pigmentation in these shadows. I guess that will make them base shades for some shadows that do not go on smoothly over primer. I have never felt so "meh" about a purchase. Hmph. There are at least 4 shades I actually like so I am calling it a keep. It was still worth the price.

Marsha Pomells

Ooh I am on challenge! I am wearing Smoked Purple l/s today. Do we have a theme yet y'all? In the interest of my own challenge of using new things I wore NYX Kitten Heels liquid suede lipstick yesterday. It just happened that it is red so I was on trend for World AIDS Day. I am also wearing a couple more shades from the Gwen Stefani palette today. I am surprised at the lack of pigmentation in these shadows. I guess that will make them base shades for some shadows that do not go on smoothly over primer. I have never felt so "meh" about a purchase. Hmph. There are at least 4 shades I actually like so I am calling it a keep. It was still worth the price.

Theme is Mid Winter.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I haven't popped into this thread in a minute but I am happy to report that I managed a lot of fall themed looks this month. I just didn't always have the time to post a look breakdown. So has a theme for December been decided? I like the sound of Mid Winter's Dream (except we aren't officially in winter yet, and I don't want to mentally go there) and the Try New Stuff sounds like a great idea because my November hauling was all the way out of control.

sagehen

I haven't popped into this thread in a minute but I am happy to report that I managed a lot of fall themed looks this month. I just didn't always have the time to post a look breakdown. So has a theme for December been decided? I like the sound of Mid Winter's Dream (except we aren't officially in winter yet, and I don't want to mentally go there) and the Try New Stuff sounds like a great idea because my November hauling was all the way out of control.
***feels less alone*** lol is there an emoji for that? I anxiously await an edict from @Medgal

Marsha Pomells

Meteorically we are (yesterday was the first day), we just haven't seen any snow yet (except for Scotland)... Or the freezing cold temperatures (unless anyone is in Siberia, Scandinavia, Alaska or within the Arctic or Antarctic Circle or anywhere that has seen snow). So bring on the winter looks, still trying to plan my one.

mkoparanova

I didn't realize about the sale till I had already asked the salesperson to add one to my purchase... So it was a pleasant surprise! Which one did you get?

What is a DD lipstick? I googled it and let me tell you - skmevweird results indeed! Boa constrictors and... Big boobs!
Anyway. Should have known better than to Google that one! ;)

So what happened to people's accounts? We're they just lost in the move? I am still adjusting to this new interface. Do you ladies know s shortcut to getting to this thread? I couldn't figure out where my subscriptions show up in the new setup.

I bought some stuff yesterday on the NARS site that was definitely an impulse buy. Hopefully it's gonna be a good impulse! I got a few blushes,a wet/dry eyeshadow palette and I think Niagara and train bleu.

I was about to pull the trigger on the bite lab lipsticks (set of 12) at sephora, but I didn't, and I assume theyre gone now....

A lot of people couldn't log in with their old passwords. Also I've seen quite a few post about people not wanting to spend as much time here now because of the new look. It's sad, I'm in a different time zone than most of you and it was sometimes taking me 1 hour every morning to go through the new posts, whereas yesterday, for example, there were no new replies :(

The subscriptions: http://www.specktra.net/subscription.php?folderid=0

Meteorically we are (yesterday was the first day), we just haven't seen any snow yet (except for Scotland)... Or the freezing cold temperatures (unless anyone is in Siberia, Scandinavia, Alaska or within the Arctic or Antarctic Circle or anywhere that has seen snow). So bring on the winter looks, still trying to plan my one.

It was snowing last week!
38d27b7581222ab3f8fe0690df09a7a2085a541ee46502e83940878b048d48d4.jpg screenshot from a video

Marsha Pomells

A lot of people couldn't log in with their old passwords. Also I've seen quite a few post about people not wanting to spend as much time here now because of the new look. It's sad, I'm in a different time zone than most of you and it was sometimes taking me 1 hour every morning to go through the new posts, whereas yesterday, for example, there were no new replies :(

The subscriptions: http://www.specktra.net/subscription.php?folderid=0

It was snowing last week!
View attachment 50337 screenshot from a video

I didnt see any snow... Maybe because I was fast asleep and didn't wake up till about... Midday... :doh:

I miss the regular faces :tear: . Yeah, I know the new website can be a bit on the fiddly side. As stated in a previous post, the new layout still has a long way to go. I'm still trying to get use to it myself, it's either a case of not having Specktra in my life or get used to the change... So I chose change.

Last edited:

mkoparanova

I didnt see any snow... Maybe because I was fast asleep and didn't wake up till about... Midday... :doh:

I miss the regular faces :tear: . Yeah, I know the new website can be a bit on the fiddly side. As stated in a previous post, the new layout still has a long way to go. I'm still trying to get use to it myself, it's either a case of not having Specktra in my life or get used to the change... So I chose change.

Tbh I didn't see it either :D My brother wakes up early for school, he took the video.
Hopefully everyone will start missing specktra and they'll get over the change.

Marsha Pomells

Tbh I didn't see it either :D My brother wakes up early for school, he took the video.
Hopefully everyone will start missing specktra and they'll get over the change.

Same. I hope that the usual suspects can get their logins sorted, I miss give V a quick review on lipsticks she decides to skip. The laughs, Erine's swatches and tips, catching up on 12 pages because of a stalking party. Me posting pics of almost naked men to keep the stalkers' motivation up... There's a very long list and I just can't be arsed to finish it, cos Corrie's on.

mkoparanova

And today's makeup:

Face:

MAC Fix+ Coconut
CT Mini miracle eye want 2
CT Magic foundation 3
Chanel Poudre universelle libre 20
MAC Pink Sprinkles
D&G Tan
MAC Scene to be seen (blush topper)
MAC Porcelain pink
MAC Fix+ Coconut

Eyes:

NYX HD eyeshadow base
Too Faced Semi-sweet chocolate bar Mousse, Puddin, Coconut creme
Too Faced Chocolate bar Haute chocolate, Ameretto, Cherry cordial
MAC Vanilla pigment
Chanel Rouge noir liner
Chanel Le volume Rouge noir

Lips:

Colourpop Trap

mkoparanova

Same. I hope that the usual suspects can get their logins sorted, I miss give V a quick review on lipsticks she decides to skip. The laughs, Erine's swatches and tips, catching up on 12 pages because of a stalking party. Me posting pics of almost naked men to keep the stalkers' motivation up... There's a very long list and I just can't be arsed to finish it, cos Corrie's on.

I wanted to like your post, that's another thing I miss..

Marsha Pomells

And today's makeup:

Face:

MAC Fix+ Coconut
CT Mini miracle eye want 2
CT Magic foundation 3
Chanel Poudre universelle libre 20
MAC Pink Sprinkles
D&G Tan
MAC Scene to be seen (blush topper)
MAC Porcelain pink
MAC Fix+ Coconut

Eyes:

NYX HD eyeshadow base
Too Faced Semi-sweet chocolate bar Mousse, Puddin, Coconut creme
Too Faced Chocolate bar Haute chocolate, Ameretto, Cherry cordial
MAC Vanilla pigment
Chanel Rouge noir liner
Chanel Le volume Rouge noir

Lips:

Colourpop Trap

Cant wait to see your look. Which reminds me, I got some lipstick swatches to post. Got 3 out of the 4 lipsticks from Dark Desires. Black Night looks very promising indeed, I hope that I won't be disappointed in all of them.

mkoparanova

Cant wait to see your look. Which reminds me, I got some lipstick swatches to post. Got 3 out of the 4 lipsticks from Dark Desires. Black Night looks very promising indeed, I hope that I won't be disappointed in all of them.

I didn't take any pictures, I was in a hurry and now my eyes don't look good.. My UDPP disappeared somewhere and I've been trying the other bases I have but I don't like them (MAC Soft ochre, YSL Couture, Zoeva matte primer).
I skipped DD, I wear only nude and vampy shades but not in this formula.

Marsha Pomells

I didn't take any pictures, I was in a hurry and now my eyes don't look good.. My UDPP disappeared somewhere and I've been trying the other bases I have but I don't like them (MAC Soft ochre, YSL Couture, Zoeva matte primer).
I skipped DD, I wear only nude and vampy shades but not in this formula.

MAC have bought out a lot of cremesheens this year, along with lustres. I think if the lipsticks were matte, it would've been a different story altogether. They had Ring My Bell (sold out now but available on Selfridges website), I think you would've like it. It's a nude glaze, but I decided to skip it.

Forgot about the case of 'what formula is Heaux II'. I think this is still up for debate.

Last edited:

mkoparanova

MAC have bought out a lot of cremesheens this year, along with lustres. I think if the lipsticks were matte, it would've been a different story altogether. They had Ring My Bell (sold out now but available on Selfridges website), I think you would've like it. It's a nude glaze, but I decided to skip it.

Forgot about the case of 'what formula is Heaux II'. I think this is still up for debate.

I prefer the matte or satin formula. RMB looks way too light, I'm over the Myth phase :D I got the two lipsticks from Cinderella and I never wear them. I'll buy Heaux only if they return the original one. + Bad girl Riri :D

Marsha Pomells

I prefer the matte or satin formula. RMB looks way too light, I'm over the Myth phase :D I got the two lipsticks from Cinderella and I never wear them. I'll buy Heaux only if they return the original one. + Bad girl Riri :D

The closest dupe for Heaux you're gonna get will be D For Danger, it's a tad lighter. Come to think of it, I still got a few of the new mattes to pick up.

Latest posts