Theme Makeup with a Purpose

Prettypackages

totally hear you! our weather is flip flopping and effing me up in the process...
The first day of winter is December 22nd, although I get that it may feel otherwise in other parts of the world. I don't want to accept it until the Winter Solstice actually arrives.

So is that the verdict for December? Winter looks or are we still taking suggestions/voting?

That is exactly how I feel - I cannot accept it until then.

Medgal07

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Prettypackages
is inferno like chanel rouge noir?

Hmm someone asked this question before the change, I think Meddy posted swatches. I miss the gallery! I don't have RN, Inferno is usually matte but I applied it over balm here.

Inferno is a very dark red and Rouge Noir is burgundy---if I still have the swatch pics I'll try to repost them this week. Just a tad busy w/holiday stuff! I hope everyone is doing well.

awickedshape

Today I'm wearing three shades from Chanel Signe Particulier quad. Left out the plum. Was thinking that there was a sort of lavender shade from TF Lips and Boys this year that I could use with it. Can't recall it

20151207_092208-1.jpg

Shars

Hey ladies! Haven't been on much as work and personal stuff are kicking my butt but I've been more or less staying on theme lol. Just popping in to say hiii and hope you all are well.

awickedshape

:wavey:Whatcha been up to? Any haulage recently?

Hi

I've been off theme, wearing more greens etc so not much to post.

As for hauling, I got a Marc Jacobs brush (not loving it) and am planning on TF Egon, CL Just Nothing matte lipstick and a Laura Mercier caviar stick.

Did you get anything from the Sephora $20 off $50+ ?

Prettypackages

Ok, this is the SECOND time I've been here and thought I posted!!! Hey Shars!!

I'll post a recap.....

Soon as I remember what I wore on my eyes. LOL
I started using my Iman Foundation stick in CLay 1. LOVE this coverage. IT is pretty and very natural looking.
I've also been trying ot use the new palettes I received. I definitely love Viseart Paris Nudes more than Sultry Muse. That one didn't work well with me at all.

I've also been doing the vampy lips challenge.

Today

Eyes: a mix of viseart dark mattes and Surratt Haute chocolate. I love this shade, it's like the perfect nude with a bit of shimmer to it.
I have Haute C on the lid. A midtone brown in my crease with a lighter orange (DM=Shade 1 row 1 and the orange is Shade 4 row 1). I also put a darker brown in the crease to deepen it. (Shade 2 row 1). In the top row I used the first two and the last shade. The light brown all over, then the orange in the crease, and the darker brown to deepen the crease. s4.jpg this is haute chocolate

tumblr_ny19gb6jVv1scbtgpo1_500.jpg

Pics from halboor and beauty professor.

Cheeks: chanel Alezane. I thought I didn't like this, but I do. I've been wearing it all week.
Face: Clay 1 iman foundation.
concealer: BB dark peach serum corrector MAC nc45 studio finish conealer, which might be my new fave, this sucker has been staying. I tried the new one in the skinny stick formula. It slides right off. Even if I set with powder.
Set with LM translucent powder.
Lips: Show all. I have to be honest, I don't like this on me. It's getting old. I have the beginning stages of crayon smell, which thankfully dissipates as I wear it.

Thursday:
eyes: Haute Chocolate again on the lids. Viseart Dark Mattes again, I used the top row shades 1,2, and 3.
Face and cheeks: Same as above.
lips: Pre-Raphaelite *sniff* getting old.

Wednesday:
Cheeks: Chanel Alezane
Foundation: Laneige BB Cushion in Dark. Nice dewy like coverage. Natural
Concealer: Mac matchmaster concealer in 7, set with LM translucent powder
eyes: viseart paris nudes and dark mattes
I used the 2nd shade in the second row on the lid, a pretty peachy copper. In the crease I used dark mattes. Shade 1,2, and 3 (corner into crease) in the crease from the Row1.
paris%u00252Bnudes.png pic from maggies makeup.
lips: Talk that Talk. patchy, oh so patchy, but pretty.

Tuesday
Lips: Boyfriend stealer. Streaky, and I have to use a light hand.
Foundation: Laneige BB Cushion in Dark. Nice dewy like coverage. Natural
Concealer: Mac matchmaster concealer in 7, set with LM translucent powder
eyes: Paris Nudes Shade 4 Row 3 a metallic purple with Dark Mattes Shade 1 row 3 in the corner. Which is a pretty blurple. I used the dark brown again in the crease. S1R1
Highlight: Chanel Coup de minuit (whatever) This the first time I liked it.

Monday:

lips: TF Wes... I love you!! LOL
foundation: Laneige BB Cushion in Dark. Nice dewy like coverage. Natural
Concealer: Mac matchmaster concealer in 7, set with LM translucent powder. Also used MAC highlighter bright forecast. (On the fence with this one)
Eyes: Paris Nudes and Dark Mates from Viseart
PN= Shade 3 Row 2 on the lid. burgundy
DM= Shades 1,2 Row 1 in the crease and Shade 3 in the corner.

OMG, I remembered.

Last edited:

awickedshape

ok, this is the second time i've been here and thought i posted!!! Hey shars!!

I'll post a recap.....

Soon as i remember what i wore on my eyes. Lol
i started using my iman foundation stick in clay 1. Love this coverage. It is pretty and very natural looking.
I've also been trying ot use the new palettes i received. I definitely love viseart paris nudes more than sultry muse. That one didn't work well with me at all.

I've also been doing the vampy lips challenge.

Today

eyes: A mix of viseart dark mattes and surratt haute chocolate. I love this shade, it's like the perfect nude with a bit of shimmer to it.
I have haute c on the lid. A midtone brown in my crease with a lighter orange (dm=shade 1 row 1 and the orange is shade 4 row 1). I also put a darker brown in the crease to deepen it. (shade 2 row 1). In the top row i used the first two and the last shade. The light brown all over, then the orange in the crease, and the darker brown to deepen the crease. View attachment 50565 this is haute chocolate

View attachment 50564

pics from halboor and beauty professor.

Cheeks: Chanel alezane. I thought i didn't like this, but i do. I've been wearing it all week.
Face: Clay 1 iman foundation.
Concealer: Bb dark peach serum corrector mac nc45 studio finish conealer, which might be my new fave, this sucker has been staying. I tried the new one in the skinny stick formula. It slides right off. Even if i set with powder.
Set with lm translucent powder.
Lips: Show all. I have to be honest, i don't like this on me. It's getting old. I have the beginning stages of crayon smell, which thankfully dissipates as i wear it.

Thursday:
Eyes: Haute chocolate again on the lids. Viseart dark mattes again, i used the top row shades 1,2, and 3.
Face and cheeks: Same as above.
Lips: Pre-raphaelite *sniff* getting old.

Wednesday:
Cheeks: Chanel alezane
foundation: Laneige bb cushion in dark. Nice dewy like coverage. Natural
concealer: Mac matchmaster concealer in 7, set with lm translucent powder
eyes: Viseart paris nudes and dark mattes
i used the 2nd shade in the second row on the lid, a pretty peachy copper. In the crease i used dark mattes. Shade 1,2, and 3 (corner into crease) in the crease from the row1.
View attachment 50566 pic from maggies makeup.
Lips: Talk that talk. Patchy, oh so patchy, but pretty.

Tuesday
lips: Boyfriend stealer. Streaky, and i have to use a light hand.
Foundation: Laneige bb cushion in dark. Nice dewy like coverage. Natural
concealer: Mac matchmaster concealer in 7, set with lm translucent powder
eyes: Paris nudes shade 4 row 3 a metallic purple with dark mattes shade 1 row 3 in the corner. Which is a pretty blurple. I used the dark brown again in the crease. S1r1
cheeks: Chanel alezane
highlight: Chanel coup de minuit (whatever) this the first time i liked it.

Monday:

Lips: Tf wes... I love you!! Lol
foundation: Laneige bb cushion in dark. Nice dewy like coverage. Natural
concealer: Mac matchmaster concealer in 7, set with lm translucent powder. Also used mac highlighter bright forecast. (on the fence with this one)
cheeks: Chanel alezane
eyes: Paris nudes and dark mates from viseart
pn= shade 3 row 2 on the lid. Burgundy
dm= shades 1,2 row 1 in the crease and shade 3 in the corner.

Omg, i remembered.

lol!

Shars

Hi

I've been off theme, wearing more greens etc so not much to post.

As for hauling, I got a Marc Jacobs brush (not loving it) and am planning on TF Egon, CL Just Nothing matte lipstick and a Laura Mercier caviar stick.

Did you get anything from the Sephora $20 off $50+ ?

I think I've been channelling you. I've been wearing whatever I feel to on the day. Today I'm wearing a very fresh faced, no makeup, makeup look with a mauve-pink lip! I was RACKING my brain to find something to buy. I think I'm all hauled out lol. Plus, I have an extra Bi account so I got the $15 off $50 plus the Rouge $25 off $50. I ended up getting this Sephora blush set with one order - 4 full sized sephora blushes plus a Baby Z - palette for $50... effectively $35. I swatched them in store and was really impressed so thought I may as well pick them up. One of them is a dupe for NARS' Taj Mahal blush that I own and LOVEEEE!! My other order was boring: a Dr. Jart+ brightening infusing mask, the Sephora + Pantone marsala angled blush brush and the Boscia Konjac mini sponge trio. Those were things I wanted for a while. I'm excited to see what's going to go on sale next week and from Christmas day when they will have the extra 20% off all sale items.

awickedshape

I think I've been channelling you. I've been wearing whatever I feel to on the day. Today I'm wearing a very fresh faced, no makeup, makeup look with a mauve-pink lip! I was RACKING my brain to find something to buy. I think I'm all hauled out lol. Plus, I have an extra Bi account so I got the $15 off $50 plus the Rouge $25 off $50. I ended up getting this Sephora blush set with one order - 4 full sized sephora blushes plus a Baby Z - palette for $50... effectively $35. I swatched them in store and was really impressed so thought I may as well pick them up. One of them is a dupe for NARS' Taj Mahal blush that I own and LOVEEEE!! My other order was boring: a Dr. Jart+ brightening infusing mask, the Sephora + Pantone marsala angled blush brush and the Boscia Konjac mini sponge trio. Those were things I wanted for a while. I'm excited to see what's going to go on sale next week and from Christmas day when they will have the extra 20% off all sale items.

LOL

The look sounds great!

Taj Mahal looks so good, glad you have it and a dupe

I realize that I end up having to buy the things I really want at full price because they go out of stock by the time sales come up :/ (ETA: Steups lol)

I ended up ordering some little things on the last day, things that were not even on the radar, just to use the discount lol

Last edited:

Prettypackages

Feeling some kind of way. I saw this excellent video on hooded eyes on youtube and the young lady said she came up with the name Hoodie... *folds arms* No! I DID!!! ;-)

Last edited:

Twinkle_Twinkle

Since my No-Buy pretty much starts today (I say pretty much because I dropped and broke one of my Black Radiance Baked Blushes and I think I'm going to replace it in the next few days) I figure I should try and stay really active with the theme challenges and consistent about posting looks. This was my look for last night. It's really more of a fall look, but I guess it could be considered winter. I am trying to use all of the new eye shadows I've gotten, so my looks might veer a little off theme for the sake of breaking in new products.

Primers
Laura Mercier Oil-Free Foundation Primer
Benefit Porefessional
elf Hydrating Under Eye Primer
Wet n Wild Fergie Take on the Day Eyeshadow Primer

Face
MAC Fix+ Rose
MUFE Ultra HD foundation I'm still on the fence about this foundation...
Bobbi Brown Corrector
MAC Select Cover-Up concealer
MAC Studio Lights
Ben Nye Neutral Set (setting powder) I am rediscovering my love for this. Still love my Kryolan for the summer though!
NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Powder (finishing powder)
MAC Definitive Sculpt & Shape Powder (contour)
Bobbi Brown Deep Chocolate Bronzer
MAC Darkly My Dear (blush)
Looxi Beauty Divine (highlighter)
MAC MSFN in Dark (to blend highlighter and brow highlight)
Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray

Eyes
Ben Nye eyebrow pencil
Lancome Brow Expert Kit
Ben Nye brown eye shadow (all over)
MAC Constructivist Paint Pot (base)
NARS Malacca eyeshadow (lid)
sugarpill Castle on the Hill eyeshadow (crease) from the Edward Scissorhands palette
Urban Decay Plushie eyeliner (waterline)
Urban Decay Cult eyeliner (top lash line)
Urban Decay Mushroom eyeliner (bottom lash line)
CoverGirl Lashblast mascara
Maybelline Full & Soft mascara

Lips
Stila All-Day Liquid Lipstick in Amore

Last edited:

mkoparanova

Hello ladies and happy new year!! :party: I haven't posted here in a really long time, so here's my NYE look:

Face:

Clarins Beauty Flash Balm
CT Magic Foundation 3
MAC Light boost
Chanel Lumiere d'ete
MAC Corol - dark part
TF Softcore - highlighter
Chanel Poudre universelle libre 20
Guerlain Flocons Enchantes
MAC Fix+

Eyes:

UDPP
Too Faces Semi-sweet Chocolate bar Nougat+Mousse - blending; Coconut creme - brow highlight
Too Faced Chocolate bar Cherry cordial+Amaretoo - crease
Chanel Signe particulier - taupe on the lid, burgundy - outer v
Chanel Rouge noir liner
MAC Vanilla pigment - inner corner and brow arch
Chanel Le volume Ultra noir - top lashes
Chanel Le volume Rouge noir - bottom lashes

Lips:

MAC P+P
Christian Louboutin Eton moi :heart:

Nails:

Chanel Rouge noir

542ff297b350faaef4af89ace2d35df84f4b1430cd1f714a10ece326e2ef3ab9.jpg