Theme Makeup with a Purpose

sagehen

Wearing KvD A-Go-Go liquid lipstick today. some bronzy, shimmery shades on eyes. Have had a bad 7 days - I hope to be coming around the corner with a better face tomorrow.

aradhana

Wearing KvD A-Go-Go liquid lipstick today. some bronzy, shimmery shades on eyes. Have had a bad 7 days - I hope to be coming around the corner with a better face tomorrow.

ohh just googled that shade...you must have looked awesome! was that for the blouse you mentioned, or not yet?

today i wore a black gel liner by marc jacobs on upper and lower lashlines (more thickly on upper), with seaside cream colour base on lids, improper copper on cheekbones and mineralize bush in exotic ember. lips were spontaneous patent polish pencil. is our theme for lips only, or could be any facet of our makeup? i guess i did the latter today.

sagehen

ohh just googled that shade...you must have looked awesome! was that for the blouse you mentioned, or not yet?

today i wore a black gel liner by marc jacobs on upper and lower lashlines (more thickly on upper), with seaside cream colour base on lids, improper copper on cheekbones and mineralize bush in exotic ember. lips were spontaneous patent polish pencil. is our theme for lips only, or could be any facet of our makeup? i guess i did the latter today.
Yes it was for the blouse lol! I really like that shade - it is so bright but still so wearable for WOC. I thought it was for any aspect of our make, the theme. I was doing lips because I was inspired to and because it is easy. Today I plan to have some coral blush on the cheeks at some point. I hope. I am not wearing anything but foundation and brows at the moment, but it will get better.

aradhana

Yes it was for the blouse lol! I really like that shade - it is so bright but still so wearable for WOC. I thought it was for any aspect of our make, the theme. I was doing lips because I was inspired to and because it is easy. Today I plan to have some coral blush on the cheeks at some point. I hope. I am not wearing anything but foundation and brows at the moment, but it will get better.

in my mind, after i googled the lipstick, i figured you looked like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

which is pretty awesome, IMHO.

so far i've just been doing the orange cheek thing. i guess i have tomorrow or sunday to do my orange lips again. my faces have been simple during the week, but hopefully it being weekend i can do something with a bit more razzle dazzle.

i went into sephora today and didn't buy any makeup, just a josie maran body butter. i did walk around the store ten times and watched 1 million billion things...and collected my birthday bonus. i chose the marc jacobs option - eyeliner and kiss kiss bang bang lipstick. which reminds me i should go google that too. i wasn't sure whether i should keep the bonus gift or pass it along. i never ended up using much of the MUFE lipstick from last year? year before? it was nice, but a bit of a snore on me.

sagehen

in my mind, after i googled the lipstick, i figured you looked like this:

View attachment 52714

which is pretty awesome, IMHO.

so far i've just been doing the orange cheek thing. i guess i have tomorrow or sunday to do my orange lips again. my faces have been simple during the week, but hopefully it being weekend i can do something with a bit more razzle dazzle.

i went into sephora today and didn't buy any makeup, just a josie maran body butter. i did walk around the store ten times and watched 1 million billion things...and collected my birthday bonus. i chose the marc jacobs option - eyeliner and kiss kiss bang bang lipstick. which reminds me i should go google that too. i wasn't sure whether i should keep the bonus gift or pass it along. i never ended up using much of the MUFE lipstick from last year? year before? it was nice, but a bit of a snore on me.
Yes! I was wearing attitude just like the pic lol! I also went with orange and coral blush a couple days this week. I have a ladies' night out with some high school friends tomorrow and I have no idea what to wear, but there will be orange on my face lol! Maybe KvD Countess?

I don't know why but they gave me my birthday gift early this year, and I got the Marc Jacobs option. I passed the lipstick along to a coworker but kept the eyeliner to see what the hype is about.

What color next week ladies?

aradhana

Yes! I was wearing attitude just like the pic lol! I also went with orange and coral blush a couple days this week. I have a ladies' night out with some high school friends tomorrow and I have no idea what to wear, but there will be orange on my face lol! Maybe KvD Countess?

I don't know why but they gave me my birthday gift early this year, and I got the Marc Jacobs option. I passed the lipstick along to a coworker but kept the eyeliner to see what the hype is about.

What color next week ladies?

what did you think of the eyeliner? i had the full-size one previously, and it just finished. i found it had pretty good staying power. however, i didn't find it easy to get a fine point. i kind of prefer pencils i can sharpen myself.

i decided to keep the lipstick. the colour seems brighter than i had expected once applied.

how about green? or maybe we could do green the week after, for st.patrick's... :)
my other suggestion would be blue....

sagehen

what did you think of the eyeliner? i had the full-size one previously, and it just finished. i found it had pretty good staying power. however, i didn't find it easy to get a fine point. i kind of prefer pencils i can sharpen myself.

i decided to keep the lipstick. the colour seems brighter than i had expected once applied.

how about green? or maybe we could do green the week after, for st.patrick's... :)
my other suggestion would be blue....

My same issue. I like to be able to make a fine line, or at least control it better than with that pencil.

Definitely, let's keep green for the week of St. Patrick's Day. I could do blue. I really need to break from my blah, neutral rut. I will look for some inspiration!

sagehen

My blue look for the day is MUFE Peacock Blue metallic e/s on my lid, with MUFE pink brown in the crease, MAC Waveline liner, winged out and a lotta mascara. It turned out nice, and was quite a change from my UD Naked lid and Buck crease from yesterday (I added blue liner) I need a cobalt blue liner - I am going to bring back the 80's high school look this week lol. I need to dig through my UD liners. I know I have one.

sagehen

My blue for the day is LimeCrime Peacock liquid lipstick. I love the stares I have gotten at work lol. Yesterday I wore Prestige Total Intensity liner in the dark blue shade. I have rubber the name off of it...was it Denim Blue?

sagehen

Tuesday I wore a green e/l from UD 24/7 line - Zodiac? And today I am wearing UD Smog on lid, with a little Buck in crease to clean it up and Darkhorse in outer crease for a little depth. UD Covet 24/7 liner on top and bottom lash lines and LaSplash Nagini as liner with Jeffrey Star Mistletoe lipstick. No one even bats an eye at my "bold" lip colors at work any more lol.

Shars

Tuesday I wore a green e/l from UD 24/7 line - Zodiac? And today I am wearing UD Smog on lid, with a little Buck in crease to clean it up and Darkhorse in outer crease for a little depth. UD Covet 24/7 liner on top and bottom lash lines and LaSplash Nagini as liner with Jeffrey Star Mistletoe lipstick. No one even bats an eye at my "bold" lip colors at work any more lol.

Sounds amazing!! Awesome St. Paddy's day look. I completely forgot it was St. Paddy's Day today... I'm so annoyed as green is my favourite colour :(

sagehen

Hi all - what's the challenge for this week? I decided it was a challenge to get out the door to work, so I am wearing a very bland look lol. I would like to try something exciting tomorrow lol.

Shars

Hi all - what's the challenge for this week? I decided it was a challenge to get out the door to work, so I am wearing a very bland look lol. I would like to try something exciting tomorrow lol.

I think you and I are on the same challenge!! LOL. I think I'm going to play around with pinks and purples this week, though.

aradhana

I think you and I are on the same challenge!! LOL. I think I'm going to play around with pinks and purples this week, though.

This is a great idea. It's Spring and time to bring out my pinks. That's what I am going with!

i was on the same challenge as you ladies...but pinks and purples sounds good to me. i think it's been a while since i did a purple eye look.

sagehen

Today I am wearing UD Toasted on my lids over WnW Fergie shimmer primer and LC True Love l/s on my lips. At some point I will put on blush. Does true love count as pink? It's pink on me...

aradhana

Today I am wearing UD Toasted on my lids over WnW Fergie shimmer primer and LC True Love l/s on my lips. At some point I will put on blush. Does true love count as pink? It's pink on me...

i'd say yes. :) in fact it's called 'vibrant pinky red' on the lime crime website.

i wore unlimited prolongwear today, with life's a picnic on cheeks and some warm brown/black mufe artist's eyeshadows. i really like the shadows, but anytime i've done a look with them i have been less than enthused. ME 624, I 628 & D 716. With Black Line pearl glide.

Not sure what lipstick to do tomorrow. I kind of want to wear NARS Habanera on eyes... When the sales person applied it on me she had used Rykugien on the lips, so I guess I could do that...looks like I am on a soft pink trend as opposed to brights.

sagehen

I dug out Prince Noir lipstick, just because of the name. I know that was not the theme of the collection that the lipstick came from, but it made me feel better.

Latest posts