Theme Makeup with a Purpose

Shars

How do you all use blue eyeshadow?
Share some looks!

Depends on the blue. With navy blues, I find they make for a much softer and less harsh smokey eye than black or really dark brown. I'd put the navy on the light, blend out the edges with a lighter brown and skip liner on the upper lash line.

For teals and so on, I kind of do the same... colour on the lid and brown to blend out and define the crease.

A nice trick I found was reverse smokey eye looks. So you'd keep the lid somewhat neutral and then use the blue as a bottom lashline colour and smoke it out with brown. Gives for a nice alternative.

awickedshape

Depends on the blue. With navy blues, I find they make for a much softer and less harsh smokey eye than black or really dark brown. I'd put the navy on the light, blend out the edges with a lighter brown and skip liner on the upper lash line.

For teals and so on, I kind of do the same... colour on the lid and brown to blend out and define the crease.

A nice trick I found was reverse smokey eye looks. So you'd keep the lid somewhat neutral and then use the blue as a bottom lashline colour and smoke it out with brown. Gives for a nice alternative.

Oooh, nice! Sounds really good.

I saw these two that looked nice (not that I can duplicate the first lol)

View attachment 54258

And this reminds me of YSL's blue mascaras and the Bleus Lumiere palette

View attachment 54259

Blue on the lids usually end up louder on me than I'd like.

Shars

Oooh, nice! Sounds really good.

I saw these two that looked nice (not that I can duplicate the first lol)

View attachment 54258

And this reminds me of YSL's blue mascaras and the Bleus Lumiere palette

View attachment 54259

Blue on the lids usually end up louder on me than I'd like.

Ohh pooey. I'm sure you can. Just practice lol. You have beautiful full eyes but I get what you mean by blue ending up looking louder. It's probably because you have more lid space. So maybe try blue on just half the lid i.e. lashline to halfway and then blend into your crease colour after that. Otherwise, I'd say rock your blues on those pretty eyes!!

Prettypackages

I love these ideas, I need to practice that reverse smokey. It took me forever to understand what a true smokey looked like. LOL

awickedshape

Ohh pooey. I'm sure you can. Just practice lol. You have beautiful full eyes but I get what you mean by blue ending up looking louder. It's probably because you have more lid space. So maybe try blue on just half the lid i.e. lashline to halfway and then blend into your crease colour after that. Otherwise, I'd say rock your blues on those pretty eyes!!

Thank you for the vote of confidence!
I will have to try that
:yourock:

I want to try a shimmery blue over black eyeshadow from one of my quads sometime soon.

those looks are gorgeous. I honestly don't wear blue eyeshadow. I've been running from it.

I used to think that people thought it was tacky but I had a lot of blue suits so I started trying it out.
I had a L'Oreal HIP blue duo first, it was so loud lol but I liked those duos.

I love these ideas, I need to practice that reverse smokey. It took me forever to understand what a true smokey looked like. LOL

I need to pay better attention and stop using those cheap sponge tip applicators lol

I think one of my eyes is slightly hooded and working in the outer vee is a bit hard for me

Last edited:

awickedshape

Only thought to take a pic after melting in the heat lol
Wore Guerlain Brownie and Clyde eyeshadow mono all over the place and layered the black eyeshadow from Gucci's Ocean Rhapsody quad on the lid.

20160523_161801.jpg

Have you all decided on particular shades to wear this week?

Anneri

Hello ladies! Missed you!!!

Count me in on the 'exhausted' group - I feel like the walking dead. Just finishing my month-long Mandarin crash course with finals this week, and it's kicking my ass. At the same time I'm still working part-time and trying to figure out how that 'living in China' thing works. Thankfully I'll go home in two weeks, so looking forwar to that! Everything I hauled lately I had sent to my parents' place, so it'll be like Christmas in July! You can't really buy makeup here, everything important is insanely expensive and comes out months later anyways.

And due to my early morning classes, my MU has been incredibly boring and basic! :hide:

Shars

Hello ladies! Missed you!!!

Count me in on the 'exhausted' group - I feel like the walking dead. Just finishing my month-long Mandarin crash course with finals this week, and it's kicking my ass. At the same time I'm still working part-time and trying to figure out how that 'living in China' thing works. Thankfully I'll go home in two weeks, so looking forwar to that! Everything I hauled lately I had sent to my parents' place, so it'll be like Christmas in July! You can't really buy makeup here, everything important is insanely expensive and comes out months later anyways.

And due to my early morning classes, my MU has been incredibly boring and basic! :hide:

Hey Anneri!! So happy to hear that you have been settling in well but yay for going home and collecting your aggregate haul lol. Good luck with your Mandarin exams. I know learning any Chinese language is difficult so all the best to you!

aradhana

hello ladies! :wavey:

how are all the life changes going? sounds like everybody is shifting gears. hope it is going well.

i have a break for the summer from school, so presently 'only' full-time work on my plate.
it means i have time to actually come on here and see how you are all doing and what is new on the makeup front. :)

my makeup has been a bit boring lately due to having little time in the mornings, though i've been throwing in fun lipsticks here and there to mix it all up.
probably old news to most, but i got an email from NARS about their fall collection...the promo pic looks exciting! i want to know how they achieved that eye look:

fall2016_narspowerfall001.jpg

sagehen

Hi everyone...I thought I would stop by in honor of it being the first day of autumn, even though I am wearing teal slacks and a berry colored blouse (the print in the blouse pulls it together, I promise!) This is what I am wearing on my face today...FACE - MAC Prep n Prime, ELDW, Spice (6W2), EL Double Matte pressed powder, Deep, Rimmel London eye brow pencil, 001 Black Brown, LA Colors contour powder from the #1 contour palette, BR baked blush in warm berry - EYES, Maybelline Master Prime (is that the name?), UD Hustle e/s on lid and into crease, blended with Buck in Crease, with Creep in the outer v, Marc Jacobs eyeliner from a Sephora gift, Black, flicked out a little, L'Oreal Voluminous Excess mascara, black (I will not be repurchasing this...not enough volume and makes my lashes look piece-y, if that makes sense - not lush and voluminous) - LIPS Milani Amore Matte Lip Crème, 37Dearest.

Latest posts