There's Something About Mary....I mean A38

User27

If you were anything like me, you were mega excited that the Starflash collection hit CCO's recently. I mean Talent Pool was worth the buy alone but even the brown-bronze colors of Glamour Check! and Bold & Brazen were worth it. Even bought a very abnormal color for myself called Lotusland. You are in for the thrill of your life when you go to depot them though. Glue to high heaven and eye shadow powder under the pan in mass amount. These aren't fakes but Starflash didn't put a batch number on the box, just the compact and they're all A38.

I go to depot one more tonight and low and behold it's a beauty called Gulf Stream with a blasted A38 and I wanted to scream. Same situation despite this one not being a member of the Starflash family so it has batch on box. These are labeled on the box with proper stickers; CCS price tag $10.25 and white sticker GA38 and I know they are authentic. Here's another catch though, the tray that holds the metal pan has the CH instead of the bottom interior of compact on half of them. I depot using burn method and go right through the CH and spend a little over a minute to get through where usually it's a melt and run deal. Six pieces that I depotted had that blasted A38 and were the cause of my bedroom reaking forever and I say wtf? one more and it's a dun dun dun A28 Cool Heat I had forgotten about. Good news this one just had the shadow residue underside but not the worst glue amount as the A38.

All I'm saying is sometimes the CH is on the black tray instead of where it should be in the compact, wear a gas mask when depotting them, be prepared to have the shadow residue underneath the pan and keep your pets/kids away when depotting these suckers. If any of you all buy these anywhere, keep all this in mind before thinking you got a fake because I feel like MAC just pulled stunt of the year on me....switching up packaging and snuff.

darklocke

I actually got 2 e/s from the Starflash collection yesterday (Talent Pool and Top Hat), and they both have the batch number on the box. It's barely visible, you have to tilt the box in a certain angle, but it IS there.

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklocke
I actually got 2 e/s from the Starflash collection yesterday (Talent Pool and Top Hat), and they both have the batch number on the box. It's barely visible, you have to tilt the box in a certain angle, but it IS there.

Found A38 in ink, kind of like the old matrix style on the back of the box. Located under AUX E.-U. beside MACCOSMETICS.COM. Many thanks madam because I'm used to looking on the underside now. Tilt in the light and you'll see the number as darklocke stated. I missed Top Hat...purple color and the last one I want from the set. I've heard Mink & Sable was gorgeous too though so we're up to decision time.
yes.gif

II3rinII

im so confused... what does this all mean? what does the batch code have to do with depotting? i dunno, i work for mac and even i dont get all obsessed the batch numbers, so thats why this post confuses me, like whats wrong with A38? and how does it effect the depotting?

Latest posts