these look iffy...

sparkler

...at least, if there were pictures!

vintagerose78 on ebay - that is a hell of a lot of pigments for a new business to have! (here's their ME page) don't you think?

i can't say whether they're fake or not; it's just strange, that's all..

edit: i just sent them a message asking about their lack of photos..

debsjc

I thought exactly the same, and I'm sure the colours they are selling are the same ones the the Far Eastern sellers who were selling fake pigments in lots of 100 had.

caffn8me

There are a few concerns here but there simply isn't enough information to declare these are definitely fake. Here are the reasons I wouldn't buy them;

• There are no photographs
  • The sellers are new and have zero feedback
  • The sellers do not accept PayPal
  • The sellers have a no refund policy
  • The colours are ones which have previously been faked
  • The prices are too cheap for genuine sought after pigments like All Girl
  • They have too many pigments, especially discontinued and limited edition for sale
The only way we'll know for sure that these are fakes is if someone buys one or if they post clear pictures with their listings which show problems.

sparkler

they replied to my message saying that their camera was broken but pictures should be up soon, as well as more pigments!

more?!

Lalli

they told me the same thing and that they comapred em to the ones they bought and they are real as they got them from abroad..

Incus

Full size pigments for just under 2 quid in total (inc. p&p). ??? That looks TOO good to be true. I'm tempted to buy one, just to see whether it's fake or not
hmm.gif

They have "copper" listed. Aint that a long gone dc item? Unless they meant copper sparkle???

It does all seem rather fishy though
hmm.gif

Incus

ok, so I asked them a couple of questions about why there arent any pic's and why such low prices for a WHOLE pigment jar, and this is what they said:

"Hi unfortunately we don't have pictures at the moment as my memory card for my camera has been playing up but I am getting a new one this weekend so we should will definitly have some pictures up on the adverts by Saturday evening. The reason why we are able to start them at such a low starting price is because we sourced them from a seller in the states who has been able to sell them to us for a reasonable price. And after researching others seller who have sold pigments of this size and at the same starting price, they usually sold for £8-13 everytime so we are in someways taking a risk as if they don't sell for more than £8.00 each then we do loose a bit of money, but from previous seller, we believe we will make our money and maybe a profit on these items. If you have anymore questions please fo not hesitate to contact us. Thank You"

Whatcha all thinking
hmm.gif

Incus

hmm... is it just me, or does the photo of their cornflower pigment look EXACTLY the same as their blue storm pigment
hmm.gif

*hopes that caffin8me answers this question :p *

sparkler

they are the same photo...

i don't know much about the colours of those pigments though, so i couldn't say whether they're fake or the wrong photos or what...

oh, caffn8meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkler
they are the same photo...

i don't know much about the colours of those pigments though, so i couldn't say whether they're fake or the wrong photos or what...

oh, caffn8meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incus
*hopes that caffin8me answers this question :p *

Sorry I'm late! I've only just got back from Brighton (it's 4:07am here in London)

I've done a cut and paste job and you can see that the pictures for their Cornflower and their Blue Steel are a slightly different colour. Of course, they may have messed up earlier and subsequently changed the pictures.

caffn8me

I'm half tempted to bid on one of these pigments and see whether they are genuine or not. At the moment I'm inclined to think that they're not but with the amount of solid information we have at the moment it's difficult to be certain.

caffn8me

OK - a bit closer inspection and I'm sure they're fake. If you take a regular black cardboard M·A·C box from any product, scrape your fingernail against it lightly and see if you can see where you've been. You can't. The black printing ink has a very silky smooth surface with no discernible texture at all. If you look at the black ink on the Cornflower picture (that's the one on the left in the thumbnail I posted two posts back), you can see that the black quality on the box is less even, it has a visibly unsmooth texture and there are visible scuff marks in the finish. The quality just isn't there.

I've attached a thumbnail below where I've highlighted some of the scuff mark I can see in grey on one side and the raw picture on the other.

Please feel free to comment on this observation and even disagree with me if you think I'm wrong. Can anyone else see what I'm getting at?

bellaetoile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incus
They have "copper" listed. Aint that a long gone dc item? Unless they meant copper sparkle???

copper is a pro metal pigment, not discontinued. i believe there was a copper that was discontinued awhile ago, too. copper sparkle, as you know, is permanent. i don't know which one they had, or claimed to have, as the case may be.

i am a bit put off by the prices and the location, combined with the lack of feedback. the pictures look iffy too, although, if those are fake, those are better fake pigments than i have ever seen. again, most fake pigments are in the form of samples, not full-sized jars with all the correct markings. i e-mailed the seller to ask what the batch numbers were on the labels of goldenaire and blue storm, we'll see if they respond, and see if they correlate with the batch numbers on my full size pigments. the auctions look off, but not off enough to be sure they are fake.