They don't counterfeit paints....Do they?

cloudsweare

I just 'won' (used the buy it now feature) to grab a Canton Candy paint of ebay..FIRST EBAY BUY YAY! I don't think they fake paints, correct? I mean. I try to shy away from buying anything that I know is commonly faked (eyeshadows, lipsticks, glasses, etc) from anywhere besides Mac and I site I know is legit. But, I cannot find the paints and shadesticks I want anywhere but ebay. But, those products as well as paintpots I think have not be copied yet.

The seller is under the name of fran24112. Here is a glimpse of the paint.

e4_1.JPG

Is she real?
th_dunno.gif

cloudsweare

Thanks.
smiles.gif

I'm just a little leery though. Being MAC on Ebay. She has Chartru and Flammable as well. And, someone has me the Mangomix shadestick. Now, if someone only had "Blueboy" paint. I'm lemming it.

TISH1124

I have not seen these duped...But like has been said anything can happen ...This looks real to me

MissResha

oh wait! i just saw the seller's name

she sells REAL stuff. i've been buying from her for YEARS and i've always been very happy. i love her. ur fine with her.

cloudsweare

^Yeah, I got it in the mail last week and it is real.

Love it to death too.

I'll order from her again. She is good.

Brianne333

On the topic of fake paints - has anyone seen a paint tube with a white strip across the crimping at the bottom (where you fold it down?) that goes horizontally? I have 3 that have this strip and 3 that do not. They all look identical otherwise.

TheCollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
Glad yours were real but I found fake paints being made guys. I'm not calling this seller out as the girl stated she received authentic. I'm posting this only for further lookup by Specktra members.

>>>>wholesale<<<<MAC cosmetics,makeup tool,cheap make up supplier>>>>Paypal<<<<-Large Photo & Picture

*For people new to the forum, top shelf in front of the brown wooden slab. The 2 black tubes in front. Sorry for not posting sooner to people.

Just because its on alibaba does that mean its definitely a fake? Do you know if they ever mix real and fake in their lots?? I'm not real familiar with alibaba so I just wanted to ask.
th_dunno.gif

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCollector
Just because its on alibaba does that mean its definitely a fake? Do you know if they ever mix real and fake in their lots?? I'm not real familiar with alibaba so I just wanted to ask.
th_dunno.gif

It used to be a good tool for knowing the fakes but now they're using pics of items they possibly don't have. Redambition spotted original images being used on alibaba but they had placed their company watermark across it. When contact was made about the items, they had none of the items in stock. Companies on alibaba are advertising items they don't actually have now trying to lure in new buyers....means it will be like 25% harder to determine what they really have to even judge for upcoming fakes. It took a long ass time to sift through those listings before but I'd kill if I had to waste 2x the amount of time searching to verify. At this point, I'm sticking to methods I know can trust because me scrutinizing every item has taken the fun out of my cosmetics and that shouldn't be the case.

chickatthegym

To bring up an old thread... Has anyone received any fake paints on eBay? I am looking for a rare one and I am considering buying it on eBay but some of the sellers' other items ARE fake (pigments and shadows). I wouldnt buy pigments or shadows on eBay unless I could verify they are real. But how can you tell if a paint is fake??

VeXedPiNk

^^ If the seller has items that are obviously fake, I'd steer clear of anything they were selling. Not worth the chance, no matter how much you want the item.

cloudsweare

I have 4 of the paints from ebay now. Every one is real.

I did see a very shabby looking Blueboy on there the other day though. The tube looked longer and the seller didn't even know the name of the color. Had it listed as 'royal blue'

obscuria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
I bought a Blueboy paint on LJ, but it doesn't say Blueboy on it, is that normal?

MAC didn't start putting names on the actual paints until ...I think 2004 (don't quote me on the year)? So some of them will not have names on them. I believe this is the same for the earlier paints such as shimma and pixel. I've seen real blueboys with and without the name on the actual tube. it just depends on when they were manufactured.

Latest posts