They tried to make her go to rehab...

redambition

she said yes, yes, yes.

Amy Winehouse going into rehab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney Morning Herald
January 25, 2008 - 11:54AM

British soul singer Amy Winehouse, who this week appeared in video footage apparently showing her smoking crack cocaine, has entered a rehab clinic, her record company says.

The troubled 24-year-old, who has been dogged by frequent suggestions of drug taking in recent months, has also cancelled a scheduled performance at an awards ceremony in France this Saturday, record company Universal said today.

"After talks ... she has decided to go into rehab," the company said.

Winehouse is one of Britain's top-selling singers, winning critical and commercial success with her hit album Back to Black, which gathered six Grammy nominations in December.

One of her most famous songs is called Rehab.

Reuters

hopefully this helps her sort her life out a bit.

baby_love

I love Amy so much, she's such a doll *or at least she used to be* and her voice is so outstanding. she is one of my favorite artists...I just feel so awful for her and I'm so glad that she is finally doing the healthy thing for herself.

redambition

what, already? That story just broke today.

hrmmm *watches tabloids*

as much as i like her singing voice, i think she does need to get herself cleaned up. just looking at the pictures and reports of her behaviour that have surfaced recently show that she's either abusing drugs (which seems most likely with the recent video that has popped up) or that she has some serious problems that she needs to sort out.

browneyedbaby

I'm so sick of hearing about Amy Winehouse, it's just goes round and round in circles. I swear the tabloids could print the same stories and just change the dates. *sigh*

Kuuipo

I know a number of pro musicians who waited till they totally hit rock bottom to get help and now regret waiting. The most often used excuse for giving up alcohol and drugs was that old "I'll lose my creativity" line of bullshit. Some people actually are talented enough to turn out some goodies DESPITE the fact that they are trashed 22 hours a day. Some of them get sober and suddenly find that things they considered good to them now sound mediocre and they get serious about their art and start making masterpieces or atleast more goodies. You don't last long in this world if you have a habit. Either you die or commit professional suicide and it is nearly the same thing....

coachkitten

It is about f-ing time! That girl is mad talented and it pisses me off that she chooses to live her life the way she does. I hope she gets it together.

Latest posts