Thin lips and BOLD lip color?

l1onqueen

I have no upper lip at all!
cry.gif
the bottom one is okay-can't complain there. However, bold lips don't look so good on me. I think it's the nonexsistant top lip. Any thin lipped chicks here? If so, how do you rock a bold lip without looking silly?

Sojourner

You can definitely rock a bold lip just as long as it's not too murky and dark, my lips are average size but dark reds/brown/purple can make them look mean.

There are plenty of ways to do bold lips though, colours like Impassioned, Russian Red, Show Orchid etc, they are bold and vivid but not too dark. Of course lipliner is your friend but most people use lipliner with bold lipstick anyways.

I think bold lipstick can sometimes look better on thin shapely lips, it gives a very sexy retro look
winks.gif

You just have to practice and master lipliner so that your top lip doesn't look overly drawn on but rather just emphasised. Since you are trying to balance the upper and lower lip, also make sure that you do not apply gloss to your lower lip as it will just make it look bigger in contrast to the top lip. HTH!

Meisje

I agree with "bold" being okay but as for really dark lipstick, I don't think it's flattering on really thin lips. Like the other poster said, it can look mean.

But if you have a thin top lip and full bottom lip, I don't think either would be an issue.

Everyone has something that isn't great on them. As much as I love them, I can't wear pale blue-pinks on my lips because they make me look like I'm about to puke. Certain colors of light matte warm purple eyeshadow look like bruises on me. So I avoid those things. I wouldn't worry too much or put too much energy into making something work if it isn't flattering --- find looks you like and wear those.

Don't concentrate on what you perceive as a negative, just play up the features you like.