Thinking about applying...

CandyApples83

I'm new to Specktra.net, but OMG I love it so much already....I must check it like 4 times everyday.

So, I'm going to drop off my resume at the counter today....my stomach is in knots....to be rejected from MAC is almost as bad as being dumped (in my opinion). I've read and re-read all of the interview posts...

I started doing makeup awhile ago at Clinique and then I moved to Estee Lauder....I've continued to do makeup ever since....for friends' weddings, etc. I think I would do well, but I'm just afraid my nerves will get the best of me.

I guess I'll see how it goes....

glam8babe

good luck
greengrin.gif

CandyApples83

...well I guess I'll have to be on pins and needles longer...I called the counter, and the manager is ill...she said that I can stop by on Friday! Oh the suspense...

VioletB

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!

If I've learned anything in my ripe old age of 27.. it's to be persistent, never give up, and good things DO happen to those who wait!! I'm leaving Estee Lauder right now to go work for MAC. I'm so happy and so sad all at the same time!!

CandyApples83

This just in...I got a call back from the MAC Counter,and I have an interview next Thursday...I'm thrilled and nervous all at the same time!!! I've been reading all of the interview experiences and I have no idea what to expect honestly...I'll keep you all posted!

CandyApples83

I have my first interview with MAC scheduled for this Thursday! I'm so nervous. I'm applying for a part time job, therefore, I'll have to go after I finish work. I just hope my makeup stays fresh...I'm thinking about doing more of the MAC Barbie look for the interview...since I'll be able to get away with it in the office as well...

lovelyweapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyApples83
I have my first interview with MAC scheduled for this Thursday! I'm so nervous. I'm applying for a part time job, therefore, I'll have to go after I finish work. I just hope my makeup stays fresh...I'm thinking about doing more of the MAC Barbie look for the interview...since I'll be able to get away with it in the office as well...

You'll do fine!
smiles.gif
Good luck and keep us posted.

CandyApples83

yahoo.gif
My interview went great! I have my demo on Monday, and I'm soooo nervous. The counter manager said that she would think of a look and have me do it.....She made me feel so comfortable, and she told me that she didn't expect me to know EVERYTHING about the line, but I will look over your posts regarding sanitation.....and I'm definitely looking to keep it simple for the most part, especially since it's timed. What scenarios or looks have you guys been given?

MAC*GIRL08

My scenario was that my client was a lawyer, and she had a big presentation to do, then was going out to celebrate later with her clients.
So basically a day to night look within 30mins.
Keep in mind that you cannot remove any makeup once started. You have to transition the look into what they request.

Good luck!!!

lainz

when i did my demo, the manager showed me how to sanitize everything. it would be better if you knew what to expect as far as that though.

my scenario was that it was my girl's first time using mac, and she wanted something pretty because she would be meeting her boyfriends parents.

ooh something that got me extra points....i cleaned up my station after i was finished. the manager got busy with a customer, so in that time i cleaned the brushes with brush cleaner, and put all the makeup back in its place.

good luck!! have tons of fun and dance to the music!! oh and wear shoes you wont slip in.

MAC*GIRL08

Yes that does score xtra points, I cleaned my station as I was finished with either the product or the brushes as I went along so I wouldn't have this big mess, when your nervous and have to beat the clock, you tend to throw stuff around but they want to see a clean station so keep that in mind.

CandyApples83

Thanks ladies!!! I just feel like there's so much to remember....I've never been so nervous for any other interview, even in a corporate office setting!!!!

CandyApples83

I had my demo today and I don't think I did that well. For one, my nerves had complete control of me, and I could barely think straight. I ran from my 9-5 job straight to the counter, and I was antsy. The first mistake I made was not grabbing everything that I needed in the beginning...I kind of got things as I worked on different parts of the face.

My scenario was a busy mom that has 2 or 3 kids....I think that one of you had the same scenario. She wanted a nice everyday look, so I went with the "healthy glow" look from the Sci-Fi collection. My model was oily so I used the oil control moisturizer and went straight to matching foundation since I didn't have much time. I moved on to concealer, etc. Long story short I used Femme-Fi, Evening Aura, and Space and Time with Brassbeat eyeliner and Plush Mascara. I used Pro Longwear Lustre in Boss Brown for the lips, and I honestly can't remember what lipliner or blush color I used...still flustered I guess. I used MSF to finish off the look and add a little shimmer to my model's cheekbones.

The counter manager then threw me a loop and pulled out a bright blue eyeshadow...it was possibly Clarity (sorry I can't remember every color the demo was four hours ago and I'm so annoyed with myself). Anyhoo, the counter manager told me to use the color and find something else to add to the look. My model looked at me horrified and I told her that I'd make it work. I sort of shadow lined her lash line with the blue and blended it in and then I used Fluidliner in Waveliner. It actually created a nice "Hawaiian sunset over the Pacific" look. My model squealed because she really liked and a customer commented that she liked it too of course the CM was on the other side of the counter at that point.

At the end, she told me that she would let me know something by the end of the week. She said she liked what I did and that she couldn't expand more b/c the counter was so busy and she was the only one left. Henceforth the open PT position.....I feel like I didn't "Wow" her. I guess we'll see....but I don't feel like she was thrilled, and I know that I wasn't. I'm never good with timed "makeovers", if I get another interview... I guess that can be a weakness that I am working on.....
th_dunno.gif
cry.gif
weeping.gif

MAC*GIRL08

Well don't throw the towel in just yet. Was this your fist demo? did she say anything about coming back to do a second? Give it few days and then call to follow up, persistance pays off. Let us know how you make out! Hang in there!!!
winks.gif

CandyApples83

Crazy thing, I just got a call from the Counter Manager, and she wants to "update" me on what's going on. I'm nervous....I thought I blew my chance, and I've been so down over the last couple of weeks. Maybe there's still a chance...I don't want to get my hopes up too high...I just know that I need a part time job like nobody's business...and I would love to do something that I LOVE!