Thinking about buying mineral makeup....

JanineDesiree

But I don't really know what to look for. I want something that can be used wet or dry and I want to have a wide selection of colours. Reasonable prices as well, but I don't mind paying more for something good. I'm used to MAC prices.

The only mineral I have looked into in person is Micabella and I really liked the colours and how they looked both wet and dry, however I have read A LOT of horrible reviews online tonight(although most were about pushy sales people) and I just don't know what to think about it anymore.

If anyone has other mineral lines they'd like to suggest to me, please please help me out. I am just stuck in a makeup rut!

calicandee

My absolute favorite mineral foundation is the one by Laura Mercier! It has the most beautiful finish!

User38

^ LM has a great product, but Everyday has a better colour and finish selection, imo.

SloanePeterson

I'm surprised nobody on these boards has mention Aromaliegh mineral makeup yet. They are my absolute favorite indy makeup company. They have a vast, vast collection of eyeshadows and some incredible mineral foundation powders and finishing powders.

I have purchased eyeshadows from them that I am still using 3 years later. They give you a lot of product and their eyeshadows are really affordable. $6.50 for one eye shadow that will last for years.

whoadangjamie

You should try out Shiro Cosmetics, or Femme Fatale, or Hello Waffle (which is reopening soon). They're all independently owned, and they make the most gorgeous colors. Fyrinnae is also a really fantastic company, and if you buy from them I would suggest their lip lustres (liquid lipstick, kinda) over anything else. I could talk for ages about indie makeup, so if you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

AnneOyer

It is hard to spot a genuine mineral make up, mineral makeup means they are organic. This only means that they don't have preservatives, parabens, mineral oil, chemical dyes and fragrances

Latest posts