Thinking of going brunette

Mabelle

i know, i like it too. But i feel like i need a change.
I;m really doubting that im ready though. eep!
i have at least 1 month of gingerness left.

vanillaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
Thanks. and yes, i did it myself.
I just bleached that section of my hair. It doesnt need to be very light. Then i used a colour called Blood Red over it (by Special Effects). It's a vegetable based dye (like manic panic). It comes in a sqweeze tube, and you just apply it with a tint dye and let it sit for a while (i did a couple of hours.

It might come out deeper a bit diffrent depending on how light the hair is under neath. I did this on top of an exsisting colour... but generally it shoudl come out along those lines. You can also try atomic red by special effects. Or Vampire red by manic panic (al;thought they fade faster)
good luck

Thanks so much for explaining! I'm really scared to try it though! I have short hair and don't really know which part to dye red.. Maybe my bangs?

Also, what do mean with applying it with a tint dye? What is a tint dye? The ones you buy in the store?

Mabelle

sorry i meant tint brush!!

If you're scared, go to salon the first time and touch up the colour at home. Even most salon dyes (this colour) will fade fairly quickly.

I wouldnt do the bangs as they will fade the fastest. It's easiest to do a chunk or chunks under the top layer of hair. I believe they are called peek-a- boos. good luck.

vanillaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
sorry i meant tint brush!!

If you're scared, go to salon the first time and touch up the colour at home. Even most salon dyes (this colour) will fade fairly quickly.

I wouldnt do the bangs as they will fade the fastest. It's easiest to do a chunk or chunks under the top layer of hair. I believe they are called peek-a- boos. good luck.

Ah okay, this sound so cool! Yeaah I want brown hair with red peak-a-boos
greengrin.gif
So, I can just buy the color and use it on it's own? Without developer?

I need to buy my stuff online, since they don't carry these colorings in the Netherlands,,

Mabelle

yup^. just use it straight out of the tube. just remember, lightening the streak is a must

vanillaa

Thanks so much and sorry for the offtopic talk!

As to your question... I would like to see a very warm brown color on you, preferably a medium brown so your eyes standout :)