Thinning down "Stripe right" polishes.

greengoesmoo

I just got 27 and a couple need thinning by a few %

HELP ME!! The first listed ingredient is "aqua" which I assume I am correct in thinking is just posh for water.

I guess this means they are acrylic polymer based rather than solvent based. Which in itself is made of win.

What do I thin these with? Water?
I'm not comfortable doing that without knowing it's tried and tested.

Nail polish thinner? Same again, I really like the colours and don't want to naff them up.

Acrylic paint thinner? My common sense says "No, don't put that sh*t on your nails"

Any ideas?

Junkie

Whenever I go to a nail salon, I always see the nail techs use a bit of nailpolish thinner right in the bottle.

I've personally used a bit of nail polish remover on an older bottle to see if it did the same and it worked - but if you don't wanna screw up the colour, you might not want to go that route.

greengoesmoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie
Whenever I go to a nail salon, I always see the nail techs use a bit of nailpolish thinner right in the bottle.

I've personally used a bit of nail polish remover on an older bottle to see if it did the same and it worked - but if you don't wanna screw up the colour, you might not want to go that route.

On this exact brand?

If so that's awesome! Because I'm savvy with most brands, you can normally tell by the kind of solvent they use. Just water totally threw me off! lol

I'll do a couple of test runs when I get home tonight and post results.
smiles.gif

Btw, anyone know a UK stockist for these? I NEED more!!!

BEA2LS

i just use nail polish thinner... for all brands. i know that many brands make them, i just buy whatever is on sale and it works for me.

Honey xOo

I use Beauty Secrets Thinner with mine. Just start off with a tiny amount and add more as you need to.
smiles.gif
You can order them from sallybeautysupply.com, I'm not sure if they ship outside of the US though. I'd try looking up the company's official site and maybe they sell and ship worldwide.

greengoesmoo

12.27 here we go. I'm about to add thinner... dundundun..

12.29 Roly roly roundy handy..

12.30 some more rolling

12.31 UNf!!
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif
Thanks guys!!!! much love!!
greengrin.gif