This Crazy Astronaut!

IslandGirl77

This is the kind of people we send into space?
hmm.gif
Any thoughts on this? This lady is out of her mind in my opinion. On the radio today, they said she wore a diaper on her drive to Florida, so she didn't have to make any stops.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/06/ast...ted/index.html

prinzessin784

omg I didn't hear that about her wearing a diaper, wtf? haha!! She's definitely nuts, but what is the man's side of the story? It seems like he is very much responsible for the whole thing, not that she isn't too. It's messed up.

IslandGirl77

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzessin784
omg I didn't hear that about her wearing a diaper, wtf? haha!! She's definitely nuts, but what is the man's side of the story? It seems like he is very much responsible for the whole thing, not that she isn't too. It's messed up.

I don't know, but this lady is married with three kids. I wonder how her children and husband feel?

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandGirl77
I don't know, but this lady is married with three kids. I wonder how her children and husband feel?

Like burying themselves in a hole. Seriously, how embarassing....

Beauty Mark

I thought she was separated from her husband.

I'm disturbed that, according to some news I heard, that NASA doesn't periodically check the astronaut's mental state.

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

900 miles mind you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Indigowaters

That heifer crazy! Sorry for my southern speech ya'll. OMG! She just opened herself up to all kinds of jokes. Comedians all across this country have been given their jobs back with this one.
lmao.gif
This heifer didn't want to stop and use the restroom because she was going to go get the woman that took her man! Did she think he would want her after the load of crap she came with in her diaper?
hmm.gif
I thought they had better background checks at NASA than this. She's a nutcase.

ChynaSkye

yeah... funny, i heard this story but in the version that i heard the diaper was the most important part lol

IslandGirl77

You guys are exactly right! People are going to be cracking alot of jokes on this woman. Indigo, you got me cracking up with that load of crap in her diaper comment. Seriously, that man is probably afraid of her now.

macslut

Quote:

Actually, they wear the diapers when going into space because, well, relief options are pretty limited.

Something snapped in her and I also heard that drugs were involved. Still, nothing made her drive 900 miles. He is not responsible in any way for her behavior. I am glad she didn't get the chance to hurt anyone.

MiCHiE

Yeah....driving 900 is insane. Her conscience should've kicked in about 20 miles into the trip and said, "B----, is you crazy?!?!?".

Beauty Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigowaters
That heifer crazy! Sorry for my southern speech ya'll. OMG! She just opened herself up to all kinds of jokes. Comedians all across this country have been given their jobs back with this one.
lmao.gif
This heifer didn't want to stop and use the restroom because she was going to go get the woman that took her man! Did she think he would want her after the load of crap she came with in her diaper?
hmm.gif
I thought they had better background checks at NASA than this. She's a nutcase.

According the people interviewed on the news I was watching tonight (Anderson Cooper's show), they claim that the initial background checks are thorough, but they don't check to see how people are doing afterwards. Because of how difficult it is for one to be picked to be an astronaut, the astronauts are hesitant to get help.

GalleyGirl

Ya, this story would be nothing without the adult diaper element.
And people sometimes snap without any warning...I can see how she could pass an initial mental screening, only to develop more serious issues later.

giz2000

Astronauts wear diapers during the launch and re-entry phases of their missions....that being said, the rest of her actions were downright looney.

xbeatofangelx

Not only crazy, but downright scary!

"Inside a bag Nowak was carrying, the officer found a tan trench coat, a new steel mallet, a new folding knife with a 4-inch blade, 3 to 4 feet of rubber tubing, several large plastic garbage bags and about $600 in cash, the report said."

It sounds like she was going to torture then kill the other lady, Sin City style (I'm thinking of the hobbit with the glasses)!!!

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbeatofangelx
Not only crazy, but downright scary!

"Inside a bag Nowak was carrying, the officer found a tan trench coat, a new steel mallet, a new folding knife with a 4-inch blade, 3 to 4 feet of rubber tubing, several large plastic garbage bags and about $600 in cash, the report said."

It sounds like she was going to torture then kill the other lady, Sin City style (I'm thinking of the hobbit with the glasses)!!!

Was her crazy ass listening to "Ring The Alarm" on her way there!??!

Fairybelle

IMHO, I think that you can't be 110% sure about anyone in any workplace. Think of the guys/gals who go 'postal' and one day come to work and kill everyone. You can screen, drug test, lie-detector test, quiz...but sometimes there are things that drive perfectly sane people into craziness like 'LUV' or jealousy, or something so primitive that it overrides sanity. I think this happens more often than we think-- just not on such a public scale as the astronaut.
The diaper part does crack me up though... Lol!!

Fairybelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
Was her crazy ass listening to "Ring The Alarm" on her way there!??!

That, or she watched that Carrie Underwood video "Before He Cheats"
lol.gif