This hair style

Sar

I love this hairstyle.. does anyone know how I could style my hair like it?

jsc4df.jpg

My hair is very dry (its been very processed I used to have white bleach hair but I have now gone darker) my hairdresser manages to make it smooth and shiny with just the use of products and blow drying but I cant do it myself even with straightening.

But anyway how would I get this hairstyle? I was thinking use big rollers on the top for volume and abit of backcoming and maybe just curl the ends a little with a hot iron? But whenever I curl my hair the curls drop out and when I put product in to try make it stay my hair goes hard especially because my hair is so dry!

Any tips would be really appreciated! x

gildedangel

I would use big velcro rollers on the top of the head and leave them in until the hair dries. I would also not brush it to help keep the streaks of hair intact. Then I would take a 2" curling iron and loosely curl the middle and ends of my hair. HTH!

Sar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
I would use big velcro rollers on the top of the head and leave them in until the hair dries. I would also not brush it to help keep the streaks of hair intact. Then I would take a 2" curling iron and loosely curl the middle and ends of my hair. HTH!

Thanks Ill give it a go..do you have any reccomendations for products that will help keep it in place?

Candy Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel

iagree.gif

Also, since you said you have very dry hair and you dye it, I'd recommend using a conditioner like Optimum Oil Therapy Ultimate Recovery Conditioner by SoftSheen-Carson, it's reeeeaaaaally reeeeaaaaally moisturizing but it wont weigh your hair down. I'll guarantee you like a thousand percent that after one use your hair is going to hold style so much better as well as being a lot less dry. I use this stuff every time I wash my hair and my hair can be pretty dry(and I dye it also). You may also want to consider sheen sprays as they work for hair of any ethnicity that is dry and they really do make hair beautiful. Both items aren't expensive at all and shouldn't run you over $10-12 for both and can be bought at any drugstore/beauty supply. HTH!

MaskedBeauty

Try Matrix Vavoom root booster for more volume. You can use it all over your hair too, not just on the roots. But don't put too much. For softness I love Bed Head "After Party" creme.

hauteness

I do something similar. After washing my hair at night, add volumizing mouse and spray some hair spray. Section your hair down the middle and wrap each side in a bun and let them dry over night. In the morning, unwind each side and wrap a few sections of the curls that come out around a large curling iron. Set it with a little more hair spray, then flip your head upside down and shake!