This happened across the street from my apartment~

Raerae

http://www.presstelegram.com/news/ci_6337222
Quote:
Six arrested after string of robberies
3 robberies seem to be related; 1 suspect at large.
By Kelly Puente and Hanna Chu, Staff writers
Article Launched: 07/09/2007 10:23:20 PM PDT

A Long Beach SWAT officer takes a suspect into custody after two different armed robbery incidents, one on 5th St. and Pine Ave. and the other on Cherry St. and 7th St., Monday afternoon. Six suspects were taken into custody while one remains at large. (Carlos Delgado / For the Press-Telegram)LONG BEACH - Six suspects have been arrested after a string of local robberies, authorities said Monday.
One suspect, possibly armed, is still at large in Long Beach, said Sgt. Dina Zapalski of the Long Beach Police Department.

Two robberies occurred in Lakewood and two robberies took place in Long Beach, she said.

Three male suspects, in their late teens, allegedly went on a 16-hour crime spree in a gray Cadillac, starting with a robbery at about 8 p.m. Sunday in the 2800 block of Bomberry Street in Lakewood, said Lt. Jim Tatreau of the Lakewood Sheriff's Station.

A woman walking on the sidewalk was held at gunpoint and her purse was stolen, Tatreau said.

Then at about 11 a.m. Monday on the 5700

A robot was used as the Long Beach SWAT team conducted a residential yard search on St. Louis Ave. and 7th St. after two different armed robbery incidents, one on 5th St. and Pine Ave. and the other on Cherry St. and 7th St. on Monday. Six suspects were taken into custody while one remains at large. (Carlos Delgado / For the Press-Telegram)block of Lakewood Boulevard, three male suspects driving a gray Cadillac held up a woman at gunpoint and stole her purse in a robbery that was almost identical to the first, Tatreau said.
About an hour later, five suspects robbed yet another woman at gunpoint at 12:08 p.m., near the corner of Fifth Street and Pine Avenue, said LBPD Officer Jason Evans.

Police believe the two Lakewood robberies are related to the robbery on Fifth and Pine, Evans added.

Then at about 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advertisement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
p.m., two suspects robbed a woman at gunpoint near Seventh Street and Cherry Avenue, Evans said.
A perimeter was set up on Monday from 1:30 to 5 p.m. between Cherry and St. Louis avenues from Seventh to Eighth streets, where police believed the robbery suspects were hiding, he said. A SWAT unit of officers and canines then searched every yard within the perimeter, Evans said.

Long Beach police were able to track down all five suspects involved in the Fifth and Pine robbery in the perimeter, Evans said.

One suspect was arrested from the robbery on Seventh and Cherry, but his accomplice, a black male in his teens, is still outstanding, Evans said.

The robbery at Seventh and Cherry is believed to be an isolated event, although it was nearby, Evans said.

Six suspects in their late teens were taken into custody, Evans said.

A gray four-door Cadillac was detained and stolen items were returned to the victims, Zapalski said.

Got to love how the only suspect who escaped capture, is the one who robbed the lady across from my apartment, and is possiblt still armed. I think about how often I'm in this area walking around. Could have easily been me that got held up at gunpoint.

My Mom is all like, "I don't want you living there anymore! There was like 3 murders in 48 hours over the weeked!"

kaliraksha

Oh goodness. My SO cajoled me into moving when my car got broken into at my apartment's parking lot- talk about protective. But RaeRae, now I know where you live!