This has got to stop...

miss_emc

It's 5:23am where I am in Australia, i woke up just over an hour ago because I was having nightmares (yes, nightmares) about losing an eBay auction for Moxie lipstick. Included in those nightmares was also the fear that I would be too late to grab my Barbie Mini MAC makeup bag when I ring up the Sydney freestanding store first thing this morning to order it. This is so sad, this is what my life has come to, losing sleep over a discontinued lipstick and missing out on a makeup bag??? I think it's time someone started up some sort of rehab for people addicted to make-up...

kalice

I second that! I have so many things I have to attend to, but I stay up at night thinking about whether I should get a backup of shimpagne when I already have one, and a good number other highlighters that i won't be able to finish in my life time.

We need a MACoholic annoymous society...

electrostars

LOL.
A friend of mine just told me the other day she had a dream that she had a MAC counter in her living room..and she still had to pay for things in her dream even though it was in her living room..and in her dream she would steal stuff when the MAs were gone. LOL.

Nikki0211

Yeah, I agree...we need rehab. I feel waaayyy too addicted sometimes. Like thinking I need more than one backup of Rocking Chick. I also have two backups of Say Yeah!...I find it sad but then I find myself not caring that it's crazy. lol

MAC_Whore

I'm all for it! Let's make our rehab facility really luxe though. Kind of like a celeb rehab. It will have a spa, yoga, haute cuisine and also (of course) restraints for when we decide we can't miss a collection and try to sneak out!
lol.gif

LatinaRose

LOL, that is so funny! We do need some sort of rehab or support group. Then we could all relapse together and go on a MAC spree!

Ella_

I found myself freaking out this morning that I couldnt get into MAC to pick up what I want from barbie - its released today in Australia.
Im going in on wednesday and its taking every ounce of my restraint not to call in and ask my fave MA to put one of everything on hold for me.

miss_emc

Oh i'm so glad i'm not the only one that has M.A.C nightmares! I work for them yet I still find myself having the odd dream of missing out on something that our counter doesn't have and that i'll have to either order from Eastern States or get it off eBay. I agree about this luxe rehab thing, we only want the best, after all, it has to be good enough to keep our minds off this beautiful make-up!

MAC_Whore

A little OT, but Electrostars your avatar is hilarious. I guess that isn't too off topic for this thread though, eh?
lol.gif

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

Uhh hunny, have fears about Barbie, here in Adelaide, like 5 items were completely sold out after only 6 hours!!!! Thats crazy...

jenii

Oh my god, I'm glad I'm not the only person who has these kinds of nightmares. I had a dream I got banned from a CCO because they claimed I was stealing, even though I'd bought everything in my bag.

sharyn

MAA? Makeup addicts anymous?

Hi everybody, My name is Sharyn and I've been a MAC-Addict for almost 2 years now. I sometimes skip school to get the new collections because I am afraid they might be sold out before I get there in the afternoon.

electrostars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
A little OT, but Electrostars your avatar is hilarious. I guess that isn't too off topic for this thread though, eh?
lol.gif

haaaaaaaaaaahahahah. THANKS!
winks.gif

maxcat

Hilarious!!
I have MA nightmares, if it makes you guys feel any better... at least once a week... i.e. woman wants bright blue Royal Wink fluidline in a nice clean '60's line but every time the 266 hits her eyelid she full-body twitches and it goes up to her brows and I can't get it off and she is INSISTING I go through with it... or ... Everyone at the counter is wearing actual Barbie doll outfits (think green chiffon, pink and gold, blonde wigs) while I didn't get the memo and am sticking out like a sore thumb in my black on black... those were just in the last week...!

electrostars

Good god, the talk of MAC dreams/nightmares and seeing a picture of my friend's MSF collection last night..caused me to have a MAC dream.

I dreamt that MAC had a collection made of only MSFs, and they re-released all previous MSFs in the collection.(that would be hot.)
but the downside of the collection was that they were never going to release MSFs (new or old) again. DX
ssad.gif
ssad.gif
ssad.gif

NOW THAT'S A SCARY DREAM! :p

lmao.

aziza

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrostars
Good god, the talk of MAC dreams/nightmares and seeing a picture of my friend's MSF collection last night..caused me to have a MAC dream.

I dreamt that MAC had a collection made of only MSFs, and they re-released all previous MSFs in the collection.(that would be hot.)
but the downside of the collection was that they were never going to release MSFs (new or old) again. DX
ssad.gif
ssad.gif
ssad.gif

NOW THAT'S A SCARY DREAM! :p

lmao.

Crap. That is scary.

medusalox

Good to know that I'm not the only one who lays awake at night, pondering whether Jewel Blue > Electric Eel or trying to calculate how many uses are left in my bottle of Studio Fix Fluid.

rofl.gif

User49

It's such a bitter sweet love hate thing don't you think? The moment you purchase that limited edition lipstick or a gorgeous pigment you have this elated feeling. But then there is the fact that you always want, even, need more of it! And the debt! And the worry that it will be discontinued! To think I could have gone on two holidays with the amount I have spent on mac. It's crazy.

Latest posts