This infuriates me!!

panda0410

AU ebay is notorious for counterfeits.... I never buy here unless I know the seller or am positive its authentic.

sweetangelkiss

I never buy off ebay either but it makes me so mad. I hate it when they plead ignorance saying "I just get this from a supplier" and they know all along what they're doing. UGH!!!

abbyquack

People who buy that stuff deserve it. Honestly, even when I was only a casual MAC buyer, I would be able to know that looks entirely, 100% fake. I don't feel bad. I feel bad for the people who buy really good fakes that even when compared to the real thing are difficult to tell...but I agree with sweetangelkiss, it's not worth risking for me to buy off eBay unless it's a d/c item that I've been looking for all over.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
People who buy that stuff deserve it. Honestly, even when I was only a casual MAC buyer, I would be able to know that looks entirely, 100% fake. I don't feel bad. I feel bad for the people who buy really good fakes that even when compared to the real thing are difficult to tell...but I agree with sweetangelkiss, it's not worth risking for me to buy off eBay unless it's a d/c item that I've been looking for all over.

be careful what you say! i got attacked on here awhile ago for saying i don't feel sorry for people who buy stuff off ebay and it turns out to be fake. somehow someone turned that around to say that i thought they deserved it and that being robbed outta their money was what they had coming. i don't think they deserve it, i just think that when you buying something off of ebay that you've never seen or held (the pic isn't always the of the real thing) you run the risk of it being fake.

there's only one guarantee that you'll get the real thing-buy it directly from the source. other than that, you're gambling with you're money, and i still won't feel sorry for you.

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack

there are people who are clueless.. and those who don't even realise that makeup gets counterfeited.

i got a few counterfeit items recently (fully refunded now) and people who saw them when i got them were stunned when i told them they were fake. most of them also thought they were still perfectly fine to use.

sweetangelkiss

Call me stupid but I only ever thought of countefeit items being designer handbags and pirated dvd's. Not in a million years would I have thought that there would be counterfeit MAC out there and I'm sure some of these people dont realise it either or else would they be buying it? We all have to discover at one point that unfortunately there is counterfeit MAC and maybe these poor people dont know it yet.. feel sorry for them or not. I'm just disgusted at the seller.

Penn

until I found Specktra I never even knew that people created fake cosmetics, I feel bad for the people who end up with fake products

jdechant

YAh when I seen this I knew right away that it was a fake! I do feel bad for people that end up with fakes..I was a victim to some really really convincing fakes...the only way I knew the eyeshadows were fake was once I depotted them, there was a indented circle ring on the eyeshadow pan...blaaa..well lets just say i will be staying away from ebay for purchases..cause you don't end up saving a few bucks on MAC when its a fake!