This is a total bummer

Becksabec

Well ladies, I'm a bit bummed out. I was diagnosed with celiac disease recently (wheat gluten intolerance) and as I also have a dermalogical condition associated with it, I can't use products with gluten-containing ingredients. I'm having to go through all of my products and figure out what I can still use. I've only just started but it always looks like I'll have to get rid of a lot. It seems that its in a lot of makeup and hair products. I did manage to figurer out that Laura Mercier products are safe, which is good, thats the foundation I use and also use a lot of the e/s.

Babylard

Aw...... I am sorry to hear that. Wish you the best. I've struggled with health problems too, and it does make life a lot harder. At least you and I both can still smile that we are still here!

Does that include MAC as well?.. That's great that Laura Mercier is still safe for you. Gosh, I don't knwo what I'd do if I suddenly couldn't use my mac =(

Becksabec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylard
Aw...... I am sorry to hear that. Wish you the best. I've struggled with health problems too, and it does make life a lot harder. At least you and I both can still smile that we are still here!

Does that include MAC as well?.. That's great that Laura Mercier is still safe for you. Gosh, I don't knwo what I'd do if I suddenly couldn't use my mac =(

I'm not sure yet. I e-mailed them asking if any/what products contain gluten, but I haven't heard back yet. I do know that I can't use Stila, which is one of my favorite brands.

kaliraksha

I'm sorry to hear that as well. At least there are leaps and bounds being made on gluten free baking... so many gluten free bakeries popping up. Good thing you at least know about it, you will start to feel better soon.

LMD84

wow this must be extremely frustrating for you. sorry that you have to go through this. but i guess at least you work out what you can and can't use things should get easier perhaps
th_hug.gif

Becksabec

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha
I'm sorry to hear that as well. At least there are leaps and bounds being made on gluten free baking... so many gluten free bakeries popping up. Good thing you at least know about it, you will start to feel better soon.

Oh yeah, it hasn't been that bad trying to figure out what I can. On my first trip to Whole Foods, they gave me a list of stuff thats safe to eat so that really helped.

Latest posts