This is so annoying what should I do?

macface

Ok on july 10 is my daughters birthday this year shes not having a birthday party.Me and my boyfriend talk about just buying her a cake from a certain bakery that I like the cakes.The thing is my mother in law and sister in law are trying to buy her a cake and trying to change my plans that I had for my daugther is so stupid they just want to get her a cake because they dont think were I buy my cakes from is nasty but the thing is they are rude and they straight out told me.I know if I desagree on something with them they talk about me and stuff.They always talk to me like a little girl Im 23 and my boyfriend too Im young but no stupid.I cant stand they way they treat us what should I do I wish they could just bud out.
th_remoteImage-61.gif

Shimmer

Tell them very firmly..."These are my plans, this is what we are going to do, we have it handled, thank you." and then stick to it.

Beauty Mark

What can your inlaws do, honestly? Just tell them you're spending the day with your daughter and your plans stay.

If you want to be polite, include them in on your plans

jenii

At the end of the day, it's YOUR child. The only way those two can change your plans is if you let them. So don't let them. Just say no.

Esperanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
Tell them very firmly..."These are my plans, this is what we are going to do, we have it handled, thank you." and then stick to it.

Second what Shimmer said. And above all, this is YOUR daughter as Jenii pointed out so just tell them that you & your so will handle that day and everything will be fine. It could be a clever idea to ask them to come to the cake's party, that way everyone will be pleased
smiles.gif

kaliraksha

My advice may be off because I can be insanely passive aggressive but I would probably say "Well I already ordered the cake, but you can bring the ice cream?" However, dealing with the real issue on hand is smarter and you should probably start sticking up for your family of three now before it gets out of hand. Definitely let them know it was your decision to make and you appreciate their help but you've got the cake handled.

NicksWifey

It's not up to them, it's your daughter and it should be up to you where you buy the cake, it's not any of their concern.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by macface
Ok on july 10 is my daughters birthday this year shes not having a birthday party.Me and my boyfriend talk about just buying her a cake from a certain bakery that I like the cakes.The thing is my mother in law and sister in law are trying to buy her a cake and trying to change my plans that I had for my daugther is so stupid they just want to get her a cake because they dont think were I buy my cakes from is nasty but the thing is they are rude and they straight out told me.I know if I desagree on something with them they talk about me and stuff.They always talk to me like a little girl Im 23 and my boyfriend too Im young but no stupid.I cant stand they way they treat us what should I do I wish they could just bud out.
th_remoteImage-61.gif

Are you living with them?

macface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae
Are you living with them?

Its a duplex were I live they live on top and my mother in law lives 3 blocks away but she always around.

giz2000

So..how did everything turn out??

Ps - I hope your daughter had a very happy birthday...:balloons:

macface

Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000
So..how did everything turn out??

Ps - I hope your daughter had a very happy birthday...:balloons:

yay everything when ok I got what I wanted at the end.