this is some seriously f*****d up shit

V15U4L_3RR0R

Re: this is some seriously fucked up shit

You do realize that godhatesgoths.com is not meant to be taken seriously and is in fact a parody?

tara_hearts

Quote:
Originally Posted by V15U4L_3RR0R
You do realize that godhatesgoths.com is not meant to be taken seriously and is in fact a parody?

I second this.
It;s meant to be funny and appalling. Kind of like PetsOrFood.com. Except minus the funny, only appalling.

flowerhead

lol, okay! i was seriously worried...
mods can you can close/delete this thread haha....

V15U4L_3RR0R

There's a disclaimer at the bottom of some of the pages that says Rev. Greene is a ficticious character and that the site was done purely in jest.

macslut

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerhead
'DE-GOTHING YOUR CHILD'

DE-GOTHING YOUR CHILD

they're encouraging kidnap and torture...it gets worse, scroll down...
words fail me...:/

The reaction you had to potential violence was a good one. You were properly appalled.

We can all be happy that it is just a parody.

SparklingWaves

That was suppose to be funny. It scared me, because someone may actually try to do something to their kids on that order. I didn't see anything saying this was funny.

*KT*

A lot of those illustrations & devices are actually on display in "Museo Criminale Mediovale" (torture museum) in San Gimignano, Italy. The hubby and I roamed around that museum on a rainy day during vacation 6 years ago. It's not exactly something you forget. No photography was allowed but that's probably for the best.

chocolategoddes

LOL! That would be so horribleif it were real. I wanna make a website that people will think is real and horrible then somewhere hidden, it'll say : JUST KIDDING!
That will be my summer project so be on the lookout!
smiles.gif

SparklingWaves

Yes, I think that I saw some of these torture devices at a Believe It Or Not Museum. My point is that they talk about beating your children and you can do some things to kids (not to the extent of these illustrations) that would be considered torture without these devices. I don't like the mix of bible verses in there too. It just gives me the creeps. People can say anything is funny to get away with putting something out there that is totally inappropriate. It's twisted.

Briar

This site might be a parody but the Westboro Babtist folks, who promote the GodHatesFags agenda are not a joke, they are for real and I've read some of their missives against Gay/Lesbians, Goths, body piercing, music (of almost every kind) etc. and they frighten me. Basically if it is outside their very conservative view of what is "good and right" it doesn't deserve to exist. This is the same group protesting the funerals of US soldiers killed in combat because they believe it is the US "liberal" stance on Gays and Lesbians that caused God to allow the Trade Center to be attacked.

Sick people are out there, and not too far from this parody at all, which is what makes this GodHatesGoths site scary instead of funny.

MACATTAK

^^ Exactly. There will be idiots out there who think these things are a good idea.

V15U4L_3RR0R

People who follow that sort of thing are probably going to do it anyway. It just might be a week earlier. And if that wasn't the catalyst then something else would be. Someone of sound and healthy mind would never do it no matter how much they read about it would they? Something like that would only be a trigger to someone who is prepositioned to do it anyway.

Briar

Quote:
Originally Posted by V15U4L_3RR0R
People who follow that sort of thing are probably going to do it anyway. It just might be a week earlier. And if that wasn't the catalyst then something else would be. Someone of sound and healthy mind would never do it no matter how much they read about it would they? Something like that would only be a trigger to someone who is prepositioned to do it anyway.

I wasn't suggesting this parody site will make or suggest anyone do anything. I was simply stating that while this is fake, there are real people out there with ideas not far removed from this site, with sites of their own that promote their agendas. I guess I was trying to say that while someone may have intended this as a joke, it is too close to what actually exists to be funny.

*Stargazer*

Parody of this kind exists to showcase how ludicrous the idea being parodied is. In this case, it exists to show how ridiculous Westboro Baptist Church is.

It is a special type of humour, kind of like an acquired taste, KWIM?

Chic 2k6

*rolls eyes* I suppose I have to hand myself over to them because I love hair metal and dress in black and loves Highway To Hell?

Even though it's a parody, it's stupid. lol.

Latest posts