This Is What I Do..

sugaMAMA

When I post its always around the time of a competition (I'm working on that sorry haha..) because thats when I use my make-up & its the reason WHY I got so into make-up.. You HAVEEEE to wear a ton when you perform to allow judges and the audience to see your face from far away. I'm always talking about my dancing on here.. So I wanted to show a few pictures of exactly what Tahitian dancing is..

forum1.jpg

My friend Vanessa & I @ the San Jose Tahiti Fete in July 08

forum3.jpg

My little friend Brittany & I @ a competition in Merced, CA - March 09
(I do her make-up too hehe)

forum4.jpg

Myself & Vanessa @ our most recent competition in San Francisco April 08

moment.jpg

My group Tamali'i @ the San Jose Tahiti Fete. Can you see mee ?? =)

Okay thats all =) If your even moreee curious you should youtube "tahitian" ! Its pretty awesome. I'll dance until my body won't allow it anymore. I love it =)

kaliraksha

Oh you're so pretty! You look awesome in your costumes and makeup. I think finding a dance you love is so fulfilling and such an effortless way to keep in shape when you're having that much fun.

How did you get into it? Are you of Polynesian descent?

sugaMAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha
Oh you're so pretty! You look awesome in your costumes and makeup. I think finding a dance you love is so fulfilling and such an effortless way to keep in shape when you're having that much fun.

How did you get into it? Are you of Polynesian descent?

I used to cheerlead in high school, so I was REALLY into dancing (not just the bouncy shouting parts haha..) I wanted to continue dancing & LOVEDDDD my trips to Hawai'i.. so I gave it a go at a studio my friend's danced at. Happened to be one of the BEST groups in the area so I've been with them ever since March 05. Its just changed my whole life and helped me stay in shape, ESPECIALLY after having a baby.

I'm not Polynesian myself, but my son is. Hes half Tongan.. which is a major country in the South Pacific. The dancing style is completely different than Tahitian, its amazing =)

Latest posts