This makes me wish I got into MAC sooner!

SparklyDiamonds

Internet Archive Wayback Machine

So cool to look back and see the collections! too bad you cant click on the links
ssad.gif
but then again that might be good as it would prob create HIGHLY expensive lemmings lol

abbyquack

omg i know!! i'm sure you're talking about old old collections, but i have been hitting myself lately b/c i last summer i didn't buy any mac and now looking back at all the collections, i'm wishing i had paid more attention!!

ash10spro

i got into mac just as c-shock came out. guess i was kinda lucky, since i am OBSESSED with bright colors now.. lol =)

macslut

C-Shock is one of my all time favorite collections. I loved the bright colors...and I learned how to wear orange eyeshadow with blue eyeshadow and not look garish. (Blue eyes, btw).

I'm very new at this addiction,so was wondering if,in Australia at xmas,Mac releases brush sets like they seem to do in the US?I'm trying to decide if I should get some brushes now or if I hold out a while I can save some dosh by getting a special set.
SOS.gif

NatalieMT

Ooh it was really cool looking at the archived stuff! Thanks for sharing that link.
greengrin.gif

Mermaidgreen, to be honest I'd buy the full size brushes now if you can. The brush sets are of inferior quality in my opinion, they're good for people who don't do makeup often or who want a little collection quickly whilst they save for the full size brushes, but that's about it. The brushes in the sets are not handmade, they're done on a factory line and it shows. They're not as soft and I find they don't have as good colour pick up etc. Not really worth the money...

yummiebitez

I wish that I got into M.A.C around the time they had the Barbie collection
ssad.gif
. Fafi was ok...but looking at the Barbie ones are clearly waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better. Just the packaging and everything it was very cute. Fafi was kinda half-assed with the sticker and all.

Is it just me or MAC is just coming out with WAAAAY more collections than before? They're really milking us for our $$$. Kudos to their marketing dept =\

yummiebitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieMT
Ooh it was really cool looking at the archived stuff! Thanks for sharing that link.
greengrin.gif

Mermaidgreen, to be honest I'd buy the full size brushes now if you can. The brush sets are of inferior quality in my opinion, they're good for people who don't do makeup often or who want a little collection quickly whilst they save for the full size brushes, but that's about it. The brushes in the sets are not handmade, they're done on a factory line and it shows. They're not as soft and I find they don't have as good colour pick up etc. Not really worth the money...

I still kinda think some MAC full-sized brushes a pretty scratchy for the price you're paying. I've had waaaaaaay softer brushes than MAC at a fraction of a the price. I have short handled ones that are softer than the full sized one. I dont know that's just me. It's pretty much just branding. Sometimes we think just because it's expensive means it's better.

NatalieMT

Oh yeah there are definitely brushes out there, equal to or better than those by MAC at all sorts of varying costs. But for me comparing my full size, full price MAC brushes to those in the MAC brush sets I do see a big difference. I'm just comparing the MAC ones here though, not anything else. I've heard quite a few other people say it too that the quality of the SE brushes is just not there.

For example my 239 full size has great colour pick up, fantastic for packing on eyeshadow and pigment. Whereas the 239 SE is terrible, made of totally different material, picks up hardly any eyeshadow and I've now relegated it for application of paint pots only.
ssad.gif
I just think the set I got wasn't worth the £39/almost $80 I paid.

perfectdefect

I wish I got the barbie collection but i just started getting stuff maybe 6 months ago. We finally got a mac near me and now we have 2.
smiles.gif

sixparty

Oh wow, that link was just mind-blowing! I spent about an hour looking at the archives! I've got so many lemmings now.....