this might be silly but ...

sugacole9

001_unsure.gif
ok ... i m not sure if there is going to be an easy answer to this one but figured id try ...

i have side bangs & they seem to grow back just as soon as i get them shaped/cut again. my friend keeps telling me to cut them myself instead of getting them cut so often but im scaredddd!

is there a way to do this myself? or is that just a silly question? i hate going to the salon & paying someone to cut my bangs! if theres an easy way to do this for someone who doesnt have a liscense to do so let me know haha thanks!!!

__________________________________________________ ___
HaPpY HaLLoWeEn!
girl_devil.gif

COBI

Not super hard to do yourself, depending on how long they are and how straight you can cut. If you do decide to cut them yourself, buy a GOOD pair of hair scissors that you use for this purpose only. Seriously, I cut and permed (OK, aging myself a little here) from 8th grade through high school and got compliments all the time (even from strangers.) So, I am not trying to discount professionals, but a bang trim is not really hard in most cases.

If you do decide to do it yourself, error on the side of having to trim again by cutting a little at a time instead of cutting too much at first. Also, the biggest pitfall that people fall into is continually trying to correct/straighten their bangs until they are too short... oh, a little bit here, oops, now a little bit here, etc, until a little bit has turned into a lot of bit.

That being said, check around, my salon will schedule in a 15-min $10* bang trim. (Not much different than going in to get your brows done.) Talk to your stylist also; she/he may have other suggestions for extending the in-between time.

*or less depending on how much often you go there, I can pop in for free... but that probably means I spend too much there.
smiles.gif
Then again, I've been going to the same stylist (who now owns the salon) for about 10 years.

Shimmer

You can just pop in to a Great Clips or something similar and get a bang trim for around $5.

labellavita7

Some salons, if you go to them for your initial hair cut, will give you free bang trims (at least in Boston anyway) so you might want to check that ou

MACATTAK

I cut my side bangs all the time. I don't even use good scissors and they still come out great. I cut them dry & I just follow what I see them doing at the salon...I cut a little off the length & then point the scissors up & snip various pieces of hair. Just start off very small & do more if needed. It works!! Don't waste your money!!

sugacole9

thanks everyone! im going to try and see what happens, i have a pair of really good sissors so lets see what happens lol

user79

I used to trim my own bangs all the time. I agree that you should get some really good and sharp scissors. You don't need to buy professional hairdressing scissors which are really expensive, you can get some great pointy scissors at a craft store.

I used to cut mine wet because it's easier to hold them that way and get the hairs really straight, just cut them a bit longer wet because they will puff up a bit when they dry, so keep that in mind.

If you want them blunt, you cut straight across, but if you want them a bit softer, you grab the hair like the haidresser does between 2 fingers, and snip into the ends at an angle so the ends don't look perfectly straight. Then, what you can do is, dry them completely on a rollbrush and maybe use a flatiron to get them really straights, then hold them again between 2 fingers and lightly feather the ends a bit more. That way they won't look so blunt.

Just make sure not to cut too much initially, you can always feather them out more later.

xsnowwhite

yeah my salon will cut my bangs for free but it isnt too bad to cut them yourself, i do that to. Just angle it in your hands sort of a snip a little at a time.

ndn-ista

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugacole9
001_unsure.gif
ok ... i m not sure if there is going to be an easy answer to this one but figured id try ...

i have side bangs & they seem to grow back just as soon as i get them shaped/cut again. my friend keeps telling me to cut them myself instead of getting them cut so often but im scaredddd!

is there a way to do this myself? or is that just a silly question? i hate going to the salon & paying someone to cut my bangs! if theres an easy way to do this for someone who doesnt have a liscense to do so let me know haha thanks!!!

__________________________________________________ ___
HaPpY HaLLoWeEn!
girl_devil.gif

Hey...I see your from Bayonne, not too far from me. I go to Unisex salon in Menlo Mall, and I used to get my haircut from this one lady, and every time I went back for a bang trim, she only charged me $5. I mean, of course does not make sense to pay like $15+ dollars for a bang trim! It takes like 2 minutes. You should check it out if you ever go to Woodbridge/Menlo Mall and ask them. Hope that helped mama.